Favorite & least favorite photoshoot ? of Madonna!

Ayham

33 minutes ago, discohub said:

Yuck, I probably hate everything Mart & Mercus. They hide her behind anything that comes, put way too much make up on her, and dress her with ridiculously horrible clothes. For a very long time, M was able to be tacky and edgy at the same time. With M&M, she's just another overdressed celebrity with no sense of style.

I also don't usually like their photoshoots, but for some reason I find that one amazing haha probably because it has the whole Joan of Arc, saint aesthetic...

4 hours ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

Least favorite: The photo series that included this image from Madame X era: 

1204683610_MSKRM.PNG.cf33432858fde52a5fe2fac43c4b2b60.PNG

The fact that no one stopped and said "hold up, wait a minute let's restyle and redo this entire thing" out of the photographer, assistans, retouchers and Madonna herself, is beyond baffling to me. I dislike every single photo from that shoot. Mert & Marcus would never let that happen.

I absolutely love the Madame X album cover with the dark hair though. But i think that came from a different day of shooting?  

I had nightmares coz of this shot... I don’t even know what to say... how she approved this???? ?????☠️

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Apart from the X-Static Process/Re-Invention Tour and the Confessions on a Dance Floor photoshoot, I'm not that big on Steven Klein's photography to be honest.

Yesss. The Re-Invention Tour photo shoot had amazing pictures like this one. She looked soooooo beautiful. 

E92D0BDB-94FE-48F2-93A4-66009EBA0E44.jpeg

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, madfan13_86 said:

Yesss. The Re-Invention Tour photo shoot had amazing pictures like this one. She looked soooooo beautiful. 

E92D0BDB-94FE-48F2-93A4-66009EBA0E44.jpeg

She looked so beautiful on the Re-Invention Tour.

9 hours ago, Ayham said:

So true, MX (deluxe cover shoot) is perfect & I love the painting like vibes, however the eye patch & the rest is horrible including the regular album artwork. 

& YES to choosing very weird single artworks while they have 1000s of I seen shots! For example RH era... lol why on earth choosing the same wire shot for LFL single lol??? At least choose another shot from the same damn session lol... same with the rest it’s just annoying they pay ALOT of money then ending up using 4 shots! ? 

I know right? Like not to mention the horrible editing, and if they choose the booklet shots for each single without editing, it would be a lot better than beginner-level crap we’ve been getting...

21 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Apart from the X-Static Process/Re-Invention Tour and the Confessions on a Dance Floor photoshoot, I'm not that big on Steven Klein's photography to be honest.

Those are absolute gems from their early work together, but other than that he rarely captures her essence. A lot of it has to do with the post production of the photos, severe photoshopping where it's not even needed IMO.

18 hours ago, Ayham said:

I had nightmares coz of this shot... I don’t even know what to say... how she approved this???? ?????☠️

Category is: The demon under your bed at night.

Edited by Hydrangeas Up Your Ass (see edit history)

Favorite are MM Interview, MM Pop, Meisel LAV, Testino Versace, Cameron GHV2, Ritts WTG tourbook, Lindbergh, Klein RIT, Testino ROL, Dah Len, Meisel Vogue 92 (and many BUT many more)

Less favs are mostly Klein (no light no pose, no nothing) , especially DG 2010, MDG, Hard Candy, Rio. Meisel Vuitton 2008, Testino Versace 2006, Ritts WTG promo (and not many more in this category) 

This is very difficult..so many great photoshoots, can`t decide. But these pictures are among my very favorite series of Madonna:

1. All Vanity Fair magazine photoshoots :-)

2. Harper`s Bazaar 1990, 1994 & 2017

3. Herb Ritts shoots for True Blue, Blond Ambition Tourbook, Girlie Show Book212fa0e64571a10a3189d570d72d5695.jpg

999680_522881077785618_1419689365_n.jpg56558debdf8fdb1e486442b69456951f.jpgf26f46db-0b57-4327-9aff-2c69fa861b5b.jpg

Don`t like:

1. W Magazine 2008, Dolce &  Gabbana 2009, Louis Vuitton Bunny ears, Hard Candy album shoots, Madame X eye patch

On 1/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

Those are absolute gems from their early work together, but other than that he rarely captures her essence. A lot of it has to do with the post production of the photos, severe photoshopping where it's not even needed IMO.

Category is: The demon under your bed at night.

???????

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites: All the pictures of Ray of Light, Music and COnfessions on a Dance Floor era. I love all the pictures of theses era. Music was a beautiful era with the cowgirl style.

My least: All the pictures of the booklet of Erotica, including the cover (so much very bad) and the cover of Madame X.

Edited by William Côté-Deblois (see edit history)