Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

3 hours ago, blondebenji said:

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but i actually luv how the last tours were edited.  Each song actually felt almost like a music video. I never get bored watching a Madonna Concert.  There is so much happening all the time with the way its edited.  It has a real cinematic feel to me.  I watched Ariana's concert last night on Netflix.  It was a more traditional film.  I luv her but I got bored

I love rebel heart tour. I think I will watch 2 nite 

5 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

I love rebel heart tour. I think I will watch 2 nite 

It's a great show and I love how long her hair is - she looks like a fucking rock star with her long hair and dark roots. 

I think I get really into it from Body Shop onward (skipping S.E.X. which is stupid and she should have known better to include that piece of crap) .. True Blue is AMAZING, Heartbreak City is WOW .. and leading into LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE are you fucking serious!!?? and then Like A Virgin is just fun-wow! I never thought she'd make LAV fun again!

The rest of the entire show is purely pop genius!

I like the intro to the show, but Iconic isn't what I'd consider a great opener. I only say that because when she tours, her hardcore fans represent a tiny percentage of who is in the seats. The rest of the audience is casual music fans and casual Madonna fans. But they don't know the new music. So it's off-putting and you can see them sort of .. look at each other like, 'was this on Like A Prayer?' they have no idea .. whereas when she sang EXPRESS YOURSELF during BLOND AMBITION the fucking audience is ballistic and singing along and that's how you get a show going. 

But visually, Iconic is top notch. 

I'm not a fan of Bitch I'm Madonna, and then Burning Up, Holy Water and Devil Pray just feel distant. Like suddenly the stage is too big and the details of the Last Supper are hard to see. Devil Pray is one of my all-time favourite Madonna songs, but I'd like another version of it one day where it's less performance art and more about just singing the song to the audience. Like Fever or Bad Girl during SNL. I want to see her fucking face as she sings it. With good close-ups like during Girlie Show (In This Life). 

20 hours ago, Fighter said:

Please she's not gonna give us 4k but I'm glad there's news :cryin:

do you think so? 

I think that if it goes to a major streaming platform it is very likely it will be 4K HDR, every major release has been on 4K for the past year. Swift's Reputation, Beyoncé's Coachella, Ariana's doc... 

fingers crossed! :Madonna009:

5 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

So much negativity for somebody you all supposedly LIKE.  I can’t imagine what you are all like when you hate somebody.  

Don't take offence to it babe. It honestly is all meant out of love and frustration. I'D HOPE! (get it together everyone). A lot of members here are incredibly passionate and it shows. I don't think they mean harm. It is out of frustration! I agree for the most part, it IS very frustrating. But I don't agree with negativity. I, however, seem to think of reality. And my reality is that, M's team is not of this realm and totally unaware of what M's presence in the music industry should be. She owes it to her legacy to acknowledge her success. And it is quite apparent that a lot of fans, myself included, think that she simply surrounds herself with the wrong people. They aren't guiding her in a direction that caters to her fanbase, which keep her afloat. They don't remind her OF her success. And what exactly her fans are longing for. It is MORE than new music. It is simply Madonna herself saying "hey, you kids want this? OKAY get ready!" It kind of comes with the territory. And if you can't do that, you kind of come off as an asshole. Just saying.

13 hours ago, captainjay said:

I can see that.

Here's my thought - the super bright exposure makes it obvious that she's trying to obliterate her face so that no one can tell she's aging. And that bothers me because from Day 1 - her message was about be who you are, age gracefully -- and then she flipped on that and jacked up her face and conceals it like on the MDNA album cover or RB cover.. MDNA Tour cover .. or she does some whack black and white tricks that take me out of the concert, because in real life it's not black and white, so why do that? 

And then when she tinkers with the audio -- then it doesn't feel like a concert and I want a live concert, wrinkles and bad vocals and all - I want it to be real. Because she was always real to me until she wasn't.

Last note: a lot of those FX, like when the dancers disappear into the stage during Jump in Confessions Tour, those tricks get old quick and date the concert. Confessions actually feels dated now in some segments. 

Confessions's big lcd screen-floor had a built-in lifter in the middle, similar to the matrix pillar form mdna tour, but with just a screen on the top (floor). That melting effect was not FX but just an angolation trick which looked pretty dope on tape.  The whole stage design for confessions was very advanced.

14 hours ago, blondebenji said:

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but i actually luv how the last tours were edited.  Each song actually felt almost like a music video. I never get bored watching a Madonna Concert.  There is so much happening all the time with the way its edited.  It has a real cinematic feel to me.  I watched Ariana's concert last night on Netflix.  It was a more traditional film.  I luv her but I got bored

Did Ariana have the same long table on stage as Madonna during the Rebel Heart Tour? Funny how things are recycled 

2 hours ago, MADAME SEX said:

Confessions's big lcd screen-floor had a built-in lifter in the middle, similar to the matrix pillar form mdna tour, but with just a screen on the top (floor). That melting effect was not FX but just an angolation trick which looked pretty dope on tape.  The whole stage design for confessions was very advanced.

sorry love, the disappearing M on Jump, Sofia on Isaac and the dancers on Ray of Light are absolutely 100% FX.
Jonas Åkerlund used the projection on post production to make the effect.

7 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

sorry love, the disappearing M on Jump, Sofia on Isaac and the dancers on Ray of Light are absolutely 100% FX.
Jonas Åkerlund used the projection on post production to make the effect.

really? I have to see that again , i don't remember any shots from above in those scenes. just frontal eye-level shots. also, the boombox in hung up is seen coming up from that lifter for a sec, but no reverse melting effect on that scene ( maybe due lowlight)

Just now, MADAME SEX said:

really? I have to see that again , i don't remember any shots from above in those scenes. just frontal eye-level shots

yes! If you see any video from Jump recorded from the audience is very clear to see the lift opening and closing.
it's quite the effect when you see it on the DVD, I think is beautiful.... but it is an effect.

2 hours ago, MADAME SEX said:

I don't mean to sound harsh but honestly, where do people get these theories from? Especially when literally one search on YouTube proves them to be utter bollocks :).

9 hours ago, MADAME SEX said:

No, it was 100% CGI. The trap door was no different than any other lowering platform she had in her tours. Seeing it live, it was an obvious hole and there's way no lighting effect making it seem like there was a "melting" appearance. 

9 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Did Ariana have the same long table on stage as Madonna during the Rebel Heart Tour? Funny how things are recycled 

yes she did. but not used to the greatest effect like madonna did or as polished.  it kinda just blended into the performance.  it was very obvious in madonna it was the last supper.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Hmmm does that sound like she’s done reviewing the edits and the project is signed off by her? 
Could be coming sooner than we think huh? 

Yea thats what it sounds like. She wouldn’t stay up till 3am working on it either unless it was like a final push. Thats my thoughts anyway

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic