Is anyone here on MadonnaTribe as well?

Im a mod there - if people report posts then they get dealt with. So whoever you heard that from was not telling the truth.

There's a lot of UK and European fans there. especially from France Italy & Spain who have ... passionate opinions.

Id encourage people to think in more collaborative terms - take Joe Bidens lead - stop thinking youre opinion is the only one. Stop attacking anyone who has an alternate opinion - and labelling people who disagree as a "troll". People would do well to learn to disagree, or use the "ignore" function if they cant have a spirited debate that ends with "lets agree to disagree".

Many users have forensically mapped out what MadonnaTribe / a forum should and shouldn't be. How mods should moderate. What is acceptable and what isnt acceptable. Anything that doesn't fit exactly within their definition of what is & isnt acceptable, what a forum can and cant be then attracts criticism from people who have got used to this "wrong vs right" culture. 

There were a handful of users who were removed by the site owners (mods cant delete accounts) last year who were embittered Madonna fans who hadn't had anything nice to say about her for over a decade  (or any fans who still enjoyed her). Furthermore when people are using the forum to wage bully attacks on other fans (or even me - ive had my fair share of hideous online bullying and lies - aside from a couple of people who seem obsessed, its all calmed down since online trolling and suicides caused by it have become more socially unnacceptable). 

Its always a challenge to "police" such a busy forum - come down too hard and many users will decree "Censorship!" "Madonna wants us to express ourselves!" "Madonna said being a Rebel Heart entitles me to say what the hell I like irrespective of who it hurts"....

Don't come down hard enough and people get "offended", label the mods "a bunch of cowards that let trolls run free" ...

Also with such a busy forum, unless people report things that upset them, threads can go on for days and days without a Mod noticing it - we're all doing it in our spare time around jobs and suchlike. 

It's been a lot better during Rebel Heart and Madame X than it was during MDNA. MDNA Tour setlist angered and upset a lot of fans. A lot of fans were upset about the crowd reactions and criticism. And then we had fans who thought it was creative zenith who took any criticism as a personal attack. 

Many of Madonna's touring team are viewers on Tribe; we spoke to them a lot on the Madame X Tour and they'd reference what fans were saying on the forums with us. They don't take negative comments to heart, ultimately they see Madonna's creative vision as her own.

Guy & Sara are supporters as they are of all the major sites like Underground, Licious etc. And there's friendship and collaboration between all the major sites too. Everyone's in their 40s now. No one cares enough to bitch or fight anymore. If you hear any bitching, its probably someone who's not involved in any of the sites anymore still going on about what someone did or said in 2009. Oe someone who got removed from a forum on one of the major sites who's still harbouring a grudge.

There's peace and fun now we're all old. On Rebel Heart and Madame X especially I got to go to shows with mods & site owners of many of the major sites which was such fun. We learned that we all get the same criticism, the same praise, the same trolls, the same bullies, but by a massive majority - the same positive engagement from the VAST majority of fans that use the forums.

I would add lastly that forum use has dipped massively for "chat" forums in the last 5-10 years. People use Facebook, Twitter a lot more. Many seem happier to fire out an opinion on Twitter rather than have a debate out it. Changing times I guess. Which is why Tour time is always fun as the users shoot up again, only to hibernate from forums again til next tour time.

Hope thats a useful insight. Any questions or experiences let me know! :) 

Neil xx

Edited by andifeel
35 minutes ago, andifeel said:

There's a lot of UK and European fans there. especially from France Italy & Spain who have ... passionate opinions.

I can confirm this, and it's the main reason why I stopped posting in 2012. Also because of the reasons you said - the MDNA (Tour) meltdown.

Although I do disagree with the age thing - from the european fans I still see online, in 2021 they're even worse than in 2012 when I left. Most of them stuck in the past, many of them Confessions widows still, a lot more stubborn, arrogant and patronizing... 

16 hours ago, andifeel said:

Im a mod there - if people report posts then they get dealt with. So whoever you heard that from was not telling the truth.

Id encourage people to think in more collaborative terms - take Joe Bidens lead - stop thinking youre opinion is the only one. Stop attacking anyone who has an alternate opinion - and labelling people who disagree as a "troll". People would do well to learn to disagree, or use the "ignore" function if they cant have a spirited debate that ends with "lets agree to disagree".

Many users have forensically mapped out what MadonnaTribe / a forum should and shouldn't be. How mods should moderate. What is acceptable and what isnt acceptable. Anything that doesn't fit exactly within their definition of what is & isnt acceptable, what a forum can and cant be then attracts criticism from people who have got used to this "wrong vs right" culture. 

There were a handful of users who were removed by the site owners (mods cant delete accounts) last year who were embittered Madonna fans who hadn't had anything nice to say about her for over a decade  (or any fans who still enjoyed her). Furthermore when people are using the forum to wage bully attacks on other fans (or even me - ive had my fair share of hideous online bullying and lies - aside from a couple of people who seem obsessed, its all calmed down since online trolling and suicides caused by it have become more socially unnacceptable). 

Its always a challenge to "police" such a busy forum - come down too hard and many users will decree "Censorship!" "Madonna wants us to express ourselves!" "Madonna said being a Rebel Heart entitles me to say what the hell I like irrespective of who it hurts"....

Don't come down hard enough and people get "offended", label the mods "a bunch of cowards that let trolls run free" ...

Also with such a busy forum, unless people report things that upset them, threads can go on for days and days without a Mod noticing it - we're all doing it in our spare time around jobs and suchlike. 

It's been a lot better during Rebel Heart and Madame X than it was during MDNA. MDNA Tour setlist angered and upset a lot of fans. A lot of fans were upset about the crowd reactions and criticism. And then we had fans who thought it was creative zenith who took any criticism as a personal attack. 

Many of Madonna's touring team are viewers on Tribe; we spoke to them a lot on the Madame X Tour and they'd reference what fans were saying on the forums with us. They don't take negative comments to heart, ultimately they see Madonna's creative vision as her own.

Guy & Sara are supporters as they are of all the major sites like Underground, Licious etc. And there's friendship and collaboration between all the major sites too. Everyone's in their 40s now. No one cares enough to bitch or fight anymore. If you hear any bitching, its probably someone who's not involved in any of the sites anymore still going on about what someone did or said in 2009. Oe someone who got removed from a forum on one of the major sites who's still harbouring a grudge.

There's peace and fun now we're all old. On Rebel Heart and Madame X especially I got to go to shows with mods & site owners of many of the major sites which was such fun. We learned that we all get the same criticism, the same praise, the same trolls, the same bullies, but by a massive majority - the same positive engagement from the VAST majority of fans that use the forums.

I would add lastly that forum use has dipped massively for "chat" forums in the last 5-10 years. People use Facebook, Twitter a lot more. Many seem happier to fire out an opinion on Twitter rather than have a debate out it. Changing times I guess. Which is why Tour time is always fun as the users shoot up again, only to hibernate from forums again til next tour time.

Hope thats a useful insight. Any questions or experiences let me know! :) 

Neil xx

Thank you the explanation. I still haven't posted there and probably never will.

16 hours ago, andifeel said:

Id encourage people to think in more collaborative terms - take Joe Bidens lead - stop thinking your opinion is the only one. (...) There were a handful of users who were removed by the site owners (mods cant delete accounts) last year who were embittered Madonna fans who hadn't had anything nice to say about her for over a decade  (or any fans who still enjoyed her). (...) Its always a challenge to "police" such a busy forum - come down too hard and many users will decree "Censorship!" "Madonna wants us to express ourselves!" "Madonna said being a Rebel Heart entitles me to say what the hell I like irrespective of who it hurts".... don't come down hard enough and people get "offended", label the mods "a bunch of cowards that let trolls run free"

"Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up MadonnaTribe"
- Madonna

black and white wink GIF

On 1/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, deathproof said:

That place still exists?

I got banned because I mentioned the site “Drowned Madonna” 🥴

Dear Lord. That must have been before my time. After Drowned Madonna declared that My Name Is Not Susan was to be in the Sticky & Sweet Tour setlist I cant remember any noise about that site in over 10 years!

On 1/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, Jakey said:

Ah, the old MT/DM wars! Remember when they constantly tried to one up each other over news "exclusives"? The style in which the news items were written always seemed so pointed :lol:

Ive never had any "exclusive news" items personally aside from the Madame X Tour setlist, as the site owners of the respective sites were the only ones to update the news pages - but in the pre-social media days there certainly was a rush to be 'first' to break news. Some sites would post rumours as news/exclusives then when not true would say 'plans changed' but thats standard clickbait tactics. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 10:08 PM, madgefan said:

They never accepted my requests to join their forum. Now, I couldn't care less. They did have a reputation when it came to news and Madonna tidbits though.

Thats strange - usually the site owners only reject applications where there's been multiple applications from the same IP. If you want me to get them to look into it let me know.

Tribe broke the Confessions, S&S, MDNA, RH & Madame X setlist first..so still doing OK on the news breaking  ;-)

54 minutes ago, emanon said:

do they have a good download forum? if not, it sucks. I was there in the begining, then they made changes and I couldnt get in anymore...AND i never been passionate around there...

No - no downloads. Tribe is used by and on the radar of Madonna's team so no downloads.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, andifeel said:

Dear Lord. That must have been before my time. After Drowned Madonna declared that My Name Is Not Susan was to be in the Sticky & Sweet Tour setlist I cant remember any noise about that site in over 10 years!

Never forget Secret on Sitar.