Secret Project

PaperFaces

I remember seeing this in Toronto. It was being projected against the outside of the Toronto AGO.   I was always surprised we didn't get some kind of release of this.

It was distracting as they decided to project the film it in a parking lot and during the show  a lady got into her car and drove home.. Needless to say everyone watching missed part of the film and watched the lady drive away :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, OhBabyReadyOrNot said:

And also during the Trump administration. Don't forget.

As I stated it's been going on for HUNDREDS of years UNFORTUNATELY

The media just decided to spotlight it when Trump was President, not that he was qualified to be President anyhow

In fact, Obama locked up more illegal immigrants than any President 

On 1/23/2021 at 9:33 PM, Mp1992 said:

As I stated it's been going on for HUNDREDS of years UNFORTUNATELY

The media just decided to spotlight it when Trump was President, not that he was qualified to be President anyhow

In fact, Obama locked up more illegal immigrants than any President 

Source?

When the first teaser trailer came out with the “my country tis of thee,” the gays went WILD.

Then when the project FINALLY came out, the hype fizzled away. Yeah everyone expected some kind of new song or album to be associated with this. In hindsight, it would have made sense to. Oh well.

21 hours ago, deathproof said:

When the first teaser trailer came out with the “my country tis of thee,” the gays went WILD.

Then when the project FINALLY came out, the hype fizzled away. Yeah everyone expected some kind of new song or album to be associated with this. In hindsight, it would have made sense to. Oh well.

Yeah I remember some rumours about a new song reportedly called Back of the Bus or something, that of course wasn't true eventually. Then some trailer featured this wonderful music that I later found out was Charms from her W.E. movie. I adore that piece of music actually. I'd love her to work with Abel again on something.

I just rewatched it yesterday along with eh interview... I have to say as an American, during the Obama administration,  this piece didn't resonate with me when it came out. The U.S. was celebrating many steps forward as far as Gay and Trans rights.

To be completely honest it came across to me as an attempt to appropriate what Gaga had been doing with her Born this Way record. The project itself was... good.... but didn't feel impactful. Halfway through it seems to lose its momentum and starts to meander and lose its direction. 

Looking back at it now, although Im still not as informed about other countries politics, I see where she was coming from and feel like it could have been done so much better. She should have put more effort into getting the message out.

Kind of like including parts of it in the intro to the Rebel Heart tour.... and then NOTHING after that in the show. She only did it because of a chance happening... so how passionate was she really about this topic? Perhaps she would have done something different had this not happened, but it seemed very half assed to say the least. 

I think the topic genuinely concerned her and still concerns her. She even talked about noticing evil political and social developments everywhere she went with the MDNA tour; she talked about it on stage. 
The video shoot was originally planned to showcase a lingerie/underwear line, wasn‘t it? It fell through although everyone was already booked, so she made the best of it by including what went through her mind at the time. It does show a little that it was a spontaneous step, as it is not entirely thought-through very well. But all in all, it‘s great she used the opportunity to address what she is addressing. Could it have been done better? Probably. But it’s pretty damn good for what it is. 
She is very observant. Anyone experienced enough and with a feel for trends is probably pretty good at anticipating certain future developments, as she also has. She‘s definitely not stupid.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, PaperFaces said:

This was, what....8 years ago?

Watch it again. See what's happened everywhere since.

To the people who thought this was lame or bullshit: tell me she didn't see it coming?

She’s always ahead of her time; she still is. God-forbids, when she passes away, Madame X, Rebel Heart and even MDNA will be hailed as masterpieces by the hypocritical public.

She’s always ahead of the game and people, including her fans undermine her so much.

Had she included new music it would have been a milestone in her career! Same for Her-story.

The power of words is much stronger through lyrics. She is the one who said "Papa don't preach". When she attacked issues with music, like with Open your heart, Express youself or American life videos, the message was much stronger. People don't listen to sermons.

5 hours ago, Justice said:

That's a reach.

You mean like how the public literally murdered Michael Jackson and Lady Diana when they’re alive and the moment they died, they forgot all the hatred or how they made Whitney as a drug addict joke and when she died she became a legend? All it takes is some 14 year old playing a song in TikTok and sniffing a condom or digging nails into their teeth or something and then expressing how sad they are and it’s a trend and a masterpiece ?

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

You mean like how the public literally murdered Michael Jackson and Lady Diana when they’re alive and the moment they died, they forgot all the hatred or how they made Whitney as a drug addict joke and when she died she became a legend? All it takes is some 14 year old playing a song in TikTok and sniffing a condom or digging nails into their teeth or something and then expressing how sad they are and it’s a trend and a masterpiece ?

You forgot about the Jabba the Hutt jokes when they talked about Aretha (or did they say Urethra?) but then she died and then  it's all about R E S P E C T and the jokes died overnight too