The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

5 hours ago, schumakg86 said:

I hope it’s Florence Pugh. Watching her in  Black Widow and Hawkeye I was convinced.

surely a few people will have to play madonna..one when she was a little girl etc 
she talked about the writing and she talked about having to go back to when she was a little girl so im guessing it will be part of it 

my opinion :

It's an important role, it's THE role. The girl who will portrays Madon a in the one and only official Madonna life movie, the movie that will still be watched in 80 years from now. 

Madonna should consider putting real efforts in finding the right girl. She should travel across the country an cast unknown girls from many places, including lost little towns, and find the real gem. The actress has not been found yet, she's somewhere having no clue she will be a phenomenal Madonna...

3 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Madonna should consider putting real efforts in finding the right girl. She should travel across the country an cast unknown girls from many places, including lost little towns, and find the real gem.

This is Madonna we are talking about, no way in hell she would go to all that effort. The fact that Madonna is personally micromanaging every aspect of the production and script bodes very ill for the quality of this biopic. Its most likely going to be a critical disaster like most of her film projects are although I would like to be proven wrong.

38 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

my opinion :

It's an important role, it's THE role. The girl who will portrays Madon a in the one and only official Madonna life movie, the movie that will still be watched in 80 years from now. 

I think you are overestimating the whole thing... this is not the casting for Gone With the Wind in 1938.

11 hours ago, androiduser said:

I think you are overestimating the whole thing... this is not the casting for Gone With the Wind in 1938.

But this is the official biopic of the most successful female singer of history. Madonna will always be a legend. I believe this movie is really important.

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

But this is the official biopic of the most successful female singer of history. Madonna will always be a legend. I believe this movie is really important.

there have been movies about Elvis, Marilyn, John Lennon and they didn't become important movies... If anything, biography movies are a slippery slope. It's more likely than not that the biopics don't live up to the expectation because they don't match the legendary status of the main character.

20 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

my opinion :

Madonna should consider putting real efforts in finding the right girl. She should travel across the country an cast unknown girls from many places, including lost little towns, and find the real gem. The actress has not been found yet, she's somewhere having no clue she will be a phenomenal Madonna...

Wouldn’t doing such a major role be too much pressure to put on a totally unknown actress?  I think they need someone who has some prior experience in acting in movies or television and has some experience in dealing with the media and online criticism . 

It's not Gone With The Wind but I agree that this film could potentially be very important for Madonna's legacy. This will be the first and most likely the defining major motion picture about Madonna's life. It's her autobiography in visual form - it is a big deal, for better or for worse.

I imagine that many years from now, if casual fans want to dig deeper into Madonna's journey, they might check her biopic out for further reference. Hell, even today, many youngins probably have no idea why Madonna is the Queen Of Pop. Sure, they have heard of "Material Girl" on Stranger Things but they don't know about her contributions to pop culture and society. If done properly, this film could very well introduce a new generation to her music and legend. So I do think it is critical that they get this project right or else it would be a huge disservice to her legacy. For starters, a committed and experienced actress is absolutely needed for the role.

4 hours ago, Karma said:

It's not Gone With The Wind but I agree that this film could potentially be very important for Madonna's legacy. This will be the first and most likely the defining major motion picture about Madonna's life. It's her autobiography in visual form - it is a big deal, for better or for worse.

I imagine that many years from now, if casual fans want to dig deeper into Madonna's journey, they might check her biopic out for further reference. Hell, even today, many youngins probably have no idea why Madonna is the Queen Of Pop. Sure, they have heard of "Material Girl" on Stranger Things but they don't know about her contributions to pop culture and society. If done properly, this film could very well introduce a new generation to her music and legend. So I do think it is critical that they get this project right or else it would be a huge disservice to her legacy. For starters, a committed and experienced actress is absolutely needed for the role.

Let’s get a serious actress campaign going

Lady Gaga What GIF by House of Gucci

4 hours ago, Karma said:

I am very concerned about the biopic and have been for a long time. If it ends up being as big of a deal for Madonna's legacy as you say and ends up flopping critically and commercially, that would be a huge nail in her coffin of regaining relevance. 

I’m not that concerned about it. Madonna is for better or worse a very self absorbed person. That is what holds her back  from being good at playing another character or directing a movie about someone else. But that will help her direct a story of her own life. I think she will surprise a lot of people including her own fans and the movie will be great. 

14 hours ago, Prince of Darkness said:

I am very concerned about the biopic and have been for a long time. If it ends up being as big of a deal for Madonna's legacy as you say and ends up flopping critically and commercially, that would be a huge nail in her coffin of regaining relevance. 

why though ? the critics are certainly not going to kiss her ass no matter how good it is lol ..

i just feel maybe it should be a netflix film because it would reach a wider audience 

2 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

why though ? the critics are certainly not going to kiss her ass no matter how good it is lol ..

i just feel maybe it should be a netflix film because it would reach a wider audience 

The critics have mostly praised her musical output though. So if they see this movie as connected to her music, as opposed to her films separate from her music there might be a different critical response. 
The general public has shown they are not interested seeing her act in or direct a movie showing  her portray a fictional character or someone who is not her. 
But people even  if they have a negative perception of her are fascinated by her as a personality. People complain about all the negative social media comments she gets. But that shows people are interested in her. People don’t bother to comment about someone who they have no interest. So that to me shows they would be interested in seeing a movie covering her life and music. 
Her fame didn’t really help her as a director because most of the time with a few exceptions like people like David Lynch, Jim Jarmusch or Martin Scorsese, people don’t go to a movie based on who the director is. I choose to go to movies based on if the subject matter interests me, a lot of times I have no clue who the director even is. 
Bur if the movie is about a subject people find fascinating they will check it out. 

7 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

The critics have mostly praised her musical output though. So if they see this movie as connected to her music, as opposed to her films separate from her music there might be a different critical response. 
The general public has shown they are not interested seeing her act in or direct a movie showing  her portray a fictional character or someone who is not her. 
But people even  if they have a negative perception of her are fascinated by her as a personality. People complain about all the negative social media comments she gets. But that shows people are interested in her. People don’t bother to comment about someone who they have no interest. So that to me shows they would be interested in seeing a movie covering her life and music. 
Her fame didn’t really help her as a director because most of the time with a few exceptions like people like David Lynch, Jim Jarmusch or Martin Scorsese, people don’t go to a movie based on who the director is. I choose to go to movies based on if the subject matter interests me, a lot of times I have no clue who the director even is. 
Bur if the movie is about a subject people find fascinating they will check it out. 

Yeah the only thing I worry about is, yes she knows who she is… but does she know who she WAS 40 years ago, and does she know how we see her. 

13 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

But that will help her direct a story of her own life. I think she will surprise a lot of people including her own fans and the movie will be great. 

What are you basing that belief upon? This biopic will most likely not be anything other than a giant ego trip. The script looks pretty bad drivel from what I have seen and Madonna is the last person in the world who will be trying to portray her life objectively. An actress needs the freedom to be able to play a character in her own way, something that is not going to happen as long as Madonna is micromanaging every aspect of the production in her usual way.

36 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Madonna's film adventures have always been treated realistically by the critics, it's the fans that can't accept how bad she was

I think in general critics have been unfair to madonna throughout her career ..films , music , personal life ....what i mean is no matter how good it is there will be critics that slam it just because its madonna so we should be prepared for that ..

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic