The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

4 minutes ago, Marcello77 said:

"Anti-Union comments" ¿?

V Magazine: "I was gonna barely make any money (on the tour)... especially with the union rules. The union rules are so crazy and their hours are nine to five, and I'm like 'Who works those hours? Can't they just shift the hours from four to midnight? That's so much more conducive to our mentality - when WE work. And they refused. And so anything after five is overtime. You can imagine the bills I incurred." 

Nevermind the accompanying Klein photoshoot where she bragged on Instagram she didn't pay her interns and made them work overtime for free.

My thoughts: the rules aren't crazy and are there to protect workers from exploitation. Not paying your interns is absolutely exploitation. Again, if she tries that shit with a major studio, she'd be fired. 

2 minutes ago, likeamasochist said:

V Magazine: "I was gonna barely make any money (on the tour)... especially with the union rules. The union rules are so crazy and their hours are nine to five, and I'm like 'Who works those hours? Can't they just shift the hours from four to midnight? That's so much more conducive to our mentality - when WE work. And they refused. And so anything after five is overtime. You can imagine the bills I incurred." 

Nevermind the accompanying Klein photoshoot where she bragged on Instagram she didn't pay her interns and made them work overtime for free.

My thoughts: the rules aren't crazy and are there to protect workers from exploitation. Not paying your interns is absolutely exploitation. Again, if she tries that shit with a major studio, she'd be fired. 

I guess she knows the movie won´t be filmed in "MadonnaLand" 

8 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I'd venture to say she now has the most famous bathroom/toilet in America, possibly the world? Maybe this new toilet era will close out the biopic. 

I don't think her taking a few Instagram pics/videos in her bathroom and trending on stan!Twitter because of them makes her bathroom the most famous one in the country, but we're all free to believe what we want I suppose. :smuglaugh:

On 2/2/2022 at 9:23 PM, likeamasochist said:

" made them work for free " 

hmm not exactly true that is it but carry on 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:28 PM, likeamasochist said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. That is an unwieldy script and would have to be significantly pared down to fit into a standard running time. I can't imagine a studio giving her funding when their priority is not the creation of art, but the making of money and time is money. She would have to deliver a lean, easily consumable project on time and within budget. Also, Madonna doesn't exist in a bubble. Her recent anti-union comments probably didn't fall on deaf ears and Hollywood is certainly a union town. She won't in a position to force, say, IATSE workers to work her schedule and hours. My guess is she'll be left with three choices: give up control of the project; an indefinite delay; or fund it herself. 

She seemed to work day and night on the film W/E - its not like the first time she has directed a film 

5 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

shes a bit too thirsty her , i hope she does not get the part 

Lol Madonna literally hand wrote an 8 page letter to the director of Evita. She literally begged Abba to give her clearance for the Hung Up sample. Makes no sense to call someone "too thirsty" for someone wanting something bad enough they are not willing to give up. Shes definitely more bad ass and more Madonna-like than Florence Pugh who has nothing in common with Madonna and couldnt care less if she didnt the Madonna part.

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol Madonna literally hand wrote an 8 page letter to the director of Evita. She literally begged Abba to give her clearance for the Hung Up sample. Makes no sense to call someone "too thirsty" for someone wanting something bad enough they are not willing to give up. Shes definitely more bad ass and more Madonna-like than Florence Pugh who has nothing in common with Madonna and couldnt care less if she didnt the Madonna part.

did madonna even smoke in her early years lol -

Just now, beautifulkiller said:

that was prob just for the photo .

...lol so...you think Madonna did not smoke in her early years which is why Anne should not play her. Makes sense. What next...Madonna only had blonde hair because she dyed it unlike Anne who is naturally blonde? Get a grip instead of grasping at straws.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, likeamasochist said:

It's not anti-union when you pay the workers their overtime and hire them anyway. I find it annoying and bothersome to stand in line behind people playing lotto. However, I believe they have the right to do it. I'm not "anti-lotto."

What about the title    "Paradise Not For Me"

A story about a girl obsessed with fame , launched from the death of her mother. She succeeds and then eventually changes her mind (Drowned World).  And although she changes her mind she still remains famous but she knows it won't last forever (Let it Will Be) no matter what her obsessed fans think. It ends with a woman (with a slightly larger ass) at peace with her change of trajectory without the amount of fame she once had, but filled with all the love she could ever want in her 6 children she stole from Africa. 

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

What about the title    "Paradise Not For Me"

A story about a girl obsessed with fame , launched from the death of her mother. She succeeds and then eventually changes her mind (Drowned World).  And although she changes her mind she still remains famous but she knows it won't last forever (Let it Will Be) no matter what her obsessed fans think. It ends with a woman (with a slightly larger ass) at peace with her change of trajectory without the amount of fame she once had, but filled with all the love she could ever want in her 6 children she stole from Africa. 

? “Stole from Africa”??

she gave children a new life. She has a hospital in Malawi. She’s pumped so much into helping people…”stole her children”

so callous. 

3 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Anne is a bit too skinny to play Madonna especially in the early 80s when she first started when she was a bit curvier  or as she said chunkier. 

Lol these straws should be getting harder and harder to grasp yet here you are. Um Eva Peron's eyes were also dark while M had light eyes...geez its almost as if actors can change their appearance for a role!

58 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol these straws should be getting harder and harder to grasp yet here you are. Um Eva Peron's eyes were also dark while M had light eyes...geez its almost as if actors can change their appearance for a role!

I know they can. I’m just giving my initial reaction seeing her dressed as Madonna. 

On 2/4/2022 at 1:22 PM, Alpha said:

Straws grasped and held tightly.

No need to be so rude.  Madonna’s body has changed over the years. She has gone from being curvy to very fit, to very thin, to back being curvy. It will be interesting to see how they handle her various transformation over the years. 
Bug one thing I have always liked about her is she was very fit, but never ultra thin or anorexic except maybe during Sticky and Sweet. She was a positive body role model in that respect.,

47 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

No need to be so rude.  Madonna’s body has changed over the years. She has gone from being curvy to very fit, to very thin, to back being curvy. It will be interesting to see how they handle her various transformation over the years. 
Bug one thing I have always liked about her is she was very fit, but never ultra thin or anorexic except maybe during Sticky and Sweet. She was a positive body role model in that respect.,

Not rude just amazed by comments like "shes too thirsty for it" or "did madonna even smoke?" Or like yours which was pretty funny about being skinny. Me being rude would be me name calling but thats a bit too on the nose IMO.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic