The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

On 4/15/2022 at 1:57 AM, Vasili said:

I hear what you’re saying, but I think the interactions were awkward.

I imagine that it would be hard to assert your voice in that dynamic.

Did anyone else see that second, longer Frozen remix video BTS? There's a moment where Ricardo, who is directing, suggests that M do a retake because it was a great take (to have another option, I suppose), and she says something along the lines of "no, I don't want to" to which he says "okay, so I guess we're not going to then", effectively undermining him in front of the crew he is apparently meant to play a key role in leading.

Anyway, it's always interesting to see how M interacts with people, particular these days.

Edit: Here it is:

Just watched the video, am I the only one who didn't see this rudeness and mean intention from her answer? I think you guys make it a bit too extra tbh :rip:

On 4/22/2022 at 8:27 AM, Andreo said:

Just watched the video, am I the only one who didn't see this rudeness and mean intention from her answer? I think you guys make it a bit too extra tbh :rip:

It wasn't mean and malicious, but I do think it was kind of diva and rude.

Mostly, it's interesting to see how she engages with the people she hires (in this case to direct her)

It's a you're-just-a-button-pusher-so-don't-try-to-tell-me-to-what-to-do-beyond-the-minimum vibe.

On 4/16/2022 at 3:56 AM, Glindathegood said:

Was she being serious or just teasing him because they are close friends as well as having a working relationship? 
It’s hard to judge interactions like that when people are close friends as well as working together. 

Ricardo Gomes : You do that again because it was amazing! You should look at (???).

Madonna : I don't want to.. I don't care. 

Ricardo Gomes : Oh Common Madonna STFU And just do it Again hahaha~!!

If Ricardo did respond something like this then  we could say that was just a playful conversation between two close friends.

But what He did was murmured with a face of shame. That's not we can call a close friend. That's simply boss and her bitch.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:44 AM, MadameX said:

Ricardo Gomes : You do that again because it was amazing! You should look at (???).

Madonna : I don't want to.. I don't care. 

Ricardo Gomes : Oh Common Madonna STFU And just do it Again hahaha~!!

If Ricardo did respond something like this then  we could say that was just a playful conversation between two close friends.

But what He did was murmured with a face of shame. That's not we can call a close friend. That's simply boss and her bitch.

I got the impression she just didn't want to watch the playback, she was being direct.

I can't believe it's almost May 2022 and we still don't know who will star as Madaonna. Even if they are still casting for the supporting roles you'd think the lead actress would have been chosen by now. Madonna first stated she was casting on her Instagram Stories last November. Also in November, Amy Pascal confirmed on the podcast Lunch With Bruce that filming would start in 2022. We're already almost 5 months into the year and not one member of the cast has been announced.

6 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

I can't believe it's almost May 2022 and we still don't know who will star as Madaonna. Even if they are still casting for the supporting roles you'd think the lead actress would have been chosen by now. Madonna first stated she was casting on her Instagram Stories last November. Also in November, Amy Pascal confirmed on the podcast Lunch With Bruce that filming would start in 2022. We're already almost 5 months into the year and not one member of the cast has been announced.

Are you familiar with the process of movies? They always take a long time to get made. 

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

Are you familiar with the process of movies? They always take a long time to get made. 

I'm familiar with the process of how movies are made. When biopics are announced most times the lead actor/actress is announced at the same time or within a year of the news. 

For example, there was a new Jean-Michel Basquiat biopic announced in February 2022. The starring actor, Kelvin Harrison Jr, and the title of the film, Samo Lives, were both announced with the news of the film even though the script is not complete. It is slated to go into production this fall.

Whitney Houston's biopic was announced in April 2020. The writing hadn't begun for the script and it wasn't even acquired by a production company yet but there was a title already, I Wanna Dance with Somebody. In December 2020, it was announced that Naomi Ackie will play Whitney. They have already begun filming and there is a December 21, 2022 release date.

Madonna announced her film in September 2020, after she had already been writing the script for months. That month, Universal Pictures picked up the film. Almost 2 years later and the starring actress still has not been announced and Madonna has been casting since at least November 2021. She turned in the first draft of the script a year ago and the title of the film still hasn't been revealed. I'm not even asking for the film to be completed this year. I'm just wondering when we're going to get some news on the lead actress and the title of the film.

This is going to be an interesting finale. Both could easily pull off the Madonna look with the right HMU. Their faces have similar bone structure to hers. Both are excellent actresses. I feel like Julia has more of that M ballsy energy that might be required. But maybe she's not as good a singer or dancer. Either way, they must be totally daunted by the whole process and all that may/may not come with the role for whoever gets it.

2100643917_Screenshot2022-04-28at20_39_46.png.bbc6d526eacdc0dc156f2c88247dedfe.png1804289983_Screenshot2022-04-28at20_46_37.png.f598c0a4c2f793fdc934837e0ee5258e.png

35 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

I'm familiar with the process of how movies are made. When biopics are announced most times the lead actor/actress is announced at the same time or within a year of the news. 

For example, there was a new Jean-Michel Basquiat biopic announced in February 2022. The starring actor, Kelvin Harrison Jr, and the title of the film, Samo Lives, were both announced with the news of the film even though the script is not complete. It is slated to go into production this fall.

Whitney Houston's biopic was announced in April 2020 when writing hadn't begun and it wasn't even acquired by a production company yet. In December 2020, it was announced that Naomi Ackie will play Whitney. They have already begun filming and there is a December 21, 2022 release date.

Madonna announced her film in September 2020, after she had already been writing the script for months. Almost 2 years later and the starring actress still has not been announced and she has been casting since at least November 2021. She turned in the first draft of the script a year ago and the title of the film still hasn't been revealed. I'm not even asking for the film to be completed this year. I'm just wondering when we're going to get some news on the lead actress and the title of the film.

I'm sure they're working to an already decided filming schedule and are working towards specific deadlines. If they're filming this year, it's probably already decided that it will be shot in NYC in August and LA on a sound studio in Sept-Oct. They also have to record the soundtrack which will a few weeks before filming.

There's a lot riding on this for the film studio, they don't want any of it to be rushed.

Nonononono, sorry: it must be Florence Pugh, she's got that look in the eye, that all the others lack. It's as important as the dancing and acting skills imo (and Pugh is such an intense actress, i LOVED her in Lady Macbeth). The thing about Julia Gardner is that I don't see her eyes resolute and expressive in the same kind of way M's do.

9 hours ago, stefo said:

Nonononono, sorry: it must be Florence Pugh, she's got that look in the eye, that all the others lack. It's as important as the dancing and acting skills imo (and Pugh is such an intense actress, i LOVED her in Lady Macbeth). The thing about Julia Gardner is that I don't see her eyes resolute and expressive in the same kind of way M's do.

I only want Florence in the film if she's playing Courtney Love in the iconic compact incident in 1995.

At 28, Debi Mazar Was Smoking Pot & Going Out Dancing With Madonna

Debi Mazar has been thinking a lot about her twenties lately. She’s currently writing a memoir, and her daughters Evelina and Giulia are inching closer to their second decade. And one of her best friends, Madonna, is in production on a biopic that will bring that era of their lives to the big screen. “She blew my phone up a lot wanting to know, ‘Deb, do you remember when or what?’ So I try to help remind her of certain things and procure a few pictures for her. But it's a movie about Madonna,” Mazar, 57, tells Bustle of Blonde Ambition.

But it’s Mazar’s role in the film that recently made for tabloid fodder after it was revealed that Julia Fox auditioned to play her. “I don't know how big the role is. I know that [Madonna’s] looking at several people aside from Julia. Of course, Julia ran with it because she was doing all that publicity with the Kanye stuff,” Mazar says. “I don't know what her range is or anything. I loved her in Uncut Gems, she seems like a lovely girl.”

While Mazar isn’t concerned with who will play her on the silver screen, there are a few stories she’d be delighted to see make it into Madonna’s film. “I just hope that she has a moment of when I convinced her — because she's such a control freak and would never smoke pot — to smoke a little pot and walk up Broadway to go to my friend's house,” The Pentaverate star says. To Mazar, she and Madonna were like Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe in Just Kids. They’d have sleepovers, go out dancing, and bop around the city. And much like with Smith and Mapplethorpe, their friendship was also tinged with some truly extraordinary moments. “One night we were all out and I went to the bathroom and when I came back I saw Madonna's hair going on fire. I was like, ‘F*ck.’ So I just picked up this ice bucket and dumped it on her head. She looked so angry at me.”

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic