The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

6 hours ago, The First Citizen said:

I dislike biopics in general, especially when they are being overseen by a living artist. I mean, can we really expect her to be objective about her life? I hated Bohemian Rhapsody also because it did not tell the true story and I don't expect this one to be any different. If you disagree with me that it perfectly fine but stop acting like every criticism is some personal attack on Madonna.

I kind of agree. That film was cringey and compromised in many ways but, alas, it was commercially successful.

As I was saying to a friend, fine, let her make her truth-bending film. It won't be the last one made about her life.

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

I kind of agree. That film was cringey and compromised in many ways but, alas, it was commercially successful.

As I was saying to a friend, fine, let her make her truth-bending film. It won't be the last one made about her life.

Don’t those two things kind of go together though?  I think you have to kind of tone down some of the negative sides of an artist and maybe be less than 100% honest  to make them more of a sympathetic character a general audience connects with. 
I don’t think a really raw, 100% honest film is going to be commercially successful. There’a a certain segment of indie film lovers who like the dark raw thing but a more general audience will be turned off. 
So I think you have to compromise a bit for it to be successful with a mass audience. 

10 hours ago, The First Citizen said:

Its my opinion, just like everything you and everyone else says here. How fascinating that only the people who criticize something she does or have concerns are labeled as having a bias 🤔 your mind I am sure that you have absolutely no bias right? I am not saying 100% its going to be awful and that every biopic ever made is awful, I am saying I would prefer her to work on new music and I don't think I should be told to shut up or be silent for thinking something different from you. Anyway, im off, got some chicken marsala, garlic bread and wine that need my attention😁

You literally start your response with you dislike biopics. Lol how is that not biased? You're pretty much calling the biopic a dumpster fire and it hasnt even started filming. That's not an opinion if it hasnt even been made it. Oh and throw in a jab how she should lose weight as well...ha that's a laugh. 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

You literally start your response with you dislike biopics. Lol how is that not biased? You're pretty much calling the biopic a dumpster fire and it hasnt even started filming. That's not an opinion if it hasnt even been made it. Oh and throw in a jab how she should lose weight as well...ha that's a laugh. 

So what if you started a post saying you loved biopics, does that mean you are biased as well and because you have an opinion you should be told to shut up and your opinions are not valid?  I never said the biopic is for sure going to be terrible, I would just prefer if she devoted her time to new music or a tour, is it really so awful that I want those things? As for my comments about wanting to see her fit again, well it was not a jab at her weight specifically, I never even mentioned her weight, I just meant hopefully she can get to the point where she is not saying she is in pain in the middle of performances and needs to be physically supported on stage. I know age can be very hard on the body and I do not expect her to perform like she is 20 anymore especially with that injury. If she can't handle all the grueling chorography, it might be a good idea to try something new.

8 minutes ago, The First Citizen said:

So what if you started a post saying you loved biopics, does that mean you are biased as well and because you have an opinion you should be told to shut up and your opinions are not valid?  I never said the biopic is for sure going to be terrible, I would just prefer if she devoted her time to new music or a tour, is it really so awful that I want those things? As for my comments about wanting to see her fit again, well it was not a jab at her weight specifically, I never even mentioned her weight, I just meant hopefully she can get to the point where she is not saying she is in pain in the middle of performances and needs to be physically supported on stage. I know age can be very hard on the body and I do not expect her to perform like she is 20 anymore especially with that injury. If she can't handle all the grueling chorography, it might be a good idea to try something new.

Of course that would make me bias if i said it was amazing when there's no product out. Lol and we are not dumb enough to not read through the lines of "get fit" especially in the context of this forum where her weight has been brought up. Try again.

6 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

So I think you have to compromise a bit for it to be successful with a mass audience. 

but what if it's not "a bit"? even in modified biopics the main character has a flaw that changes the course of the story... do you think Madonna will portray herself as a negative character at some point in the storyline? Do you expect her to admit to, say, stepping over someone to achieve her goal, or fucking someone over?

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Of course that would make me bias if i said it was amazing when there's no product out. Lol and we are not dumb enough to not read through the lines of "get fit" especially in the context of this forum where her weight has been brought up. Try again.

You could have been the official court jester in another age man😂 rather than trying to play the village idiot here in this forum to provoke people for no reason. I already explained myself previously and if you can't comprehend anything than I think its time we end this back and forth. I actually appreciate how you always stick up for Madonna sometimes beyond all reason, I will admit I am a bit of a cynic sometimes and I will try and give the biopic a chance.

6 minutes ago, The First Citizen said:

You could have been the official court jester in another age man😂 rather than trying to play the village idiot here in this forum to provoke people for no reason. I already explained myself previously and if you can't comprehend anything than I think its time we end this back and forth. I actually appreciate how you always stick up for Madonna sometimes beyond all reason, I will admit I am a bit of a cynic sometimes and I will try and give the biopic a chance.

K

Amazing news!  Great actress!!!!

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/julia-garner-madonna-biopic-lead-role-1235287260/?fbclid=IwAR0rdQRN_xcgcfqaTZWp5YtCpy9z4VAzx9spOqU5FQ4T3ZytAkMY-VNQr1w

Julia Garner Offered Madonna Role in Universal Biopic (EXCLUSIVE)

“Inventing Anna” actress Julia Garner has been offered the role of Madonna in a forthcoming biopic about the pop icon, sources familiar with the project told Variety.

Garner has emerged the favorite from over a dozen candidates, one insider added, and has for months been speculated as a frontrunner for the part — a performance Madonna will shepherd herself as director. Garner’s team is considering and expected to accept the offer, said another source.

The film is set up at Universal Pictures, and will follow the early days of the oft-controversial artist and queen of perpetual reinvention. Universal Filmed Entertainment Group chairman Donna Langley won the script in a multi-studio bidding war, and Amy Pascal is attached as a producer.

A production timeline and other principal cast is still unknown. Actors in contention for the role include the previously reported Florence Pugh, “Euphoria” star Alexa Demie, and Odessa Young. Singers including Bebe Rexha and Sky Ferreira have also been floated. The audition process was reportedly grueling, as the music-heavy production requires a skilled singer and dancer.

Upon announcement, Madonna said she hoped to “convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer — a human being, trying to make her way in this world. The focus of this film will always be music.  Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive. There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me. It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”

Langley praised Madonna as “the ultimate icon, humanitarian, artist and rebel.”

Noooo, terrible choice! God I'm so disapponited, Florence was the one, no way! She had that look, the grit and depth in the eyes, the charisma and presence, and she is so talented! This girl is cute, but ordinary, shallow for me, can't see her being believable to tell the True Blue, the Blond Ambition or the Sex arrogance and huge stardom status.

Just hope she's not gonna tell herself as a girl from Midwest who faught against prejudices and toxic patriarchy ...  :Madonna052:

11 minutes ago, stefo said:

Noooo, terrible choice! God I'm so disapponited, Florence was the one, no way! She had that look, the grit and depth in the eyes, the charisma and presence, and she is so talented! This girl is cute, but ordinary, shallow for me, can't see her being believable to tell the True Blue, the Blond Ambition or the Sex arrogance and huge stardom status.

Just hope she's not gonna tell herself just as a girl from Midwest who faught against prejudices and toxic patriarchy ...  :Madonna052:

Have you not seen her in Ozark and Inventing Anna? She is incredible. Cute, ordinary, shallow couldn't be further from the truth... I believe Julia can do an amazing young Madonna, she has the range, she's a New York girl, she gets it.

11 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Have you not seen her in Ozark and Inventing Anna? She is incredible. Cute, ordinary, shallow couldn't be further from the truth... I believe Julia can do an amazing young Madonna, she has the range, she's a New York girl, she gets it.

Sorry she was fine but I did not like Ozark, I got bored very soon and left it.

I don't think she's such a star honestly, absolutely a good professional, but you really need more to succeed in this role. Said that, it's just my opinion at the news, hope to retract when the movie will be out.

19 hours ago, androiduser said:

but what if it's not "a bit"? even in modified biopics the main character has a flaw that changes the course of the story... do you think Madonna will portray herself as a negative character at some point in the storyline? Do you expect her to admit to, say, stepping over someone to achieve her goal, or fucking someone over?

Maybe I have a different view of Madonna than you because I don’t fundamentally see her as a mean spirited person who steps over people or fucks people over to reach her goal.  Can you give examples of who you have in mind? She’s not obligated to make other people successful or work with them forever. Did the biopics of men like Freddie Mercury and Elton doing those things? Why is this ruthless ambition always brought up when it comes to women? 

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

Is it? I’ve been seeing great things about it over here. Looks like something I would really enjoy 

I read very mixed things about it so not sure what to think. Baz Luhrmann has always been a bit of a polarizing director among critics. I’m not that big a fan of Elvis so it’s not something I’m compelled to see. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic