The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

35 minutes ago, deathproof said:

“It was June 1969, I asked the driver to drop me off in a hip diverse area, as I stepped out, a riot occurred. All of a sudden there was a brick in my hand, and it ‘twas I, Madonna, who threw the very first stone!”

and people died. 

season 8 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

“It was June 1969, I asked the driver to drop me off in a hip diverse area, as I stepped out, a riot occurred. All of a sudden there was a brick in my hand, and it ‘twas I, Madonna, who threw the very first stone!”

"it was just days after the death of Judy Garland. I had met Judy on Broadway where she gave me a nickname, she called me Madame X  Dita Evita. I told her about the article I had read on the life of Eva Peron, and she was mesmerized by the story, and told me I had the spunk to play Eva one day." :eyes:

Instead of a film, imagine an episodic limited series where each one is named after her albums?

Episode 1: Madonna
Episode 2: Like A Virgin
Episode 3: True Blue, and so on...

After all, she puts so much of her personal life into her albums and fans segment her life by 'eras'.

No-brainer, right? It would also put some extra focus onto her back catalogue.

Anyway, it seems like it's going to be a movie since she is currently further editing the script, she said.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:19 AM, Vasili said:

Because parts of it were in poor taste, but mainly because she comes across as a victim (justly or not).
Besides, it was recent, so why recreate something that we can already stream in HD on YouTube?
Ending a film with a speech is very TV movie corny too.

Not to mention that she got her facts wrong. Camille Paglia, the woman that was her biggest champion for decades, rightfully took her to task afterward. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:31 AM, Alpha said:

...lol speaking the realities of being a woman in the industry is coming across as a victim? Uh alright lol lemme guess, she should just shut up and sing? Sorry daft answer. I am sure you wouldnt have a problem if she showed herself as a complete witch tho since it would be hOnEsT. 

Ignore them. They're likely the type to bitch about everything, making them a victim because not everything is going the way they wish it was, in their own life, so they cut down things that are wrong about everything else. A victim of boredom and having a negative viewpoint when if anything, it came at a time when women would sadly have to find inner strength against men who devalue women to the point of forcing women to carry a dead fetus because abortion was taken away as an option. She has a platform and used it to point out what matters. She showed strength, NOT playing being a victim!

16 hours ago, lightyears1981 said:

Ignore them. They're likely the type to bitch about everything, making them a victim because not everything is going the way they wish it was, in their own life, so they cut down things that are wrong about everything else. A victim of boredom and having a negative viewpoint when if anything, it came at a time when women would sadly have to find inner strength against men who devalue women to the point of forcing women to carry a dead fetus because abortion was taken away as an option. She has a platform and used it to point out what matters. She showed strength, NOT playing being a victim!

Sure. Whatever.

If you actually listened to M's Billboard speech, she makes a big point of criticising other women's attitudes towards her.

There's also a chunk of it that Billboard had the good sense to omit from the broadcast, where M tries to self-righteously one-up her deceased idols/contemporaries because she hadn't succumbed to disease or addiction. Real humanitarian.

I stand by my opinion that M ending her biopic with this speech would be pathetic and anti-climactic.

Anyway, Camille herself said it best.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, Vasili said:

Sure. Whatever.

If you actually listened to M's Billboard speech, she makes a big point of criticising other women's attitudes towards her.

There's also a chunk of it that Billboard had the good sense to omit from the broadcast, where M tries to self-righteously one-up her deceased idols/contemporaries because she hadn't succumbed to disease or addiction. Real humanitarian.

I stand by my opinion that M ending her biopic with this speech would be pathetic and anti-climactic.

Anyway, Camille herself said it best.

did she honestly stood for other women or she was soo competitive and self - centered?

She was right to say that she is still here after Michael , Whitney are dead because the speech was basically telling her critics to fuck themselves and the critics basically killed them and this is prob what she believes and i think she is right ! Anyway i think the film should start with her losing her mother and end with her becoming one ! Finally enough love 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Congrats. You have all the answers.. so you think.  Oh well, aome of us will enjoy her more than you. So what?  Won't change how she entertains any of us. In the end, she's made it 4 decades without either of our input.  By now, she's managed to produce a legacy of music and entertainment.  Nothing won't change that!  How you perceive it, is simply YOUR opinion. Some may disagree, but there are many other who still keep enjoying no matter how the "glowing reviews" are.  She doesn't care. I don't care.  She still makes out no matter where you stand.  But don't let me stop you from expressing your opinions and disapproval.  :)

What did M have her children refer to "public opinion" noise?! I dunno, apparently we all have an asshole and an opinion. I really can't wait for her Biopic. I'm very interested in learning shit we haven't known about M. It must be hard living within public opinion. On the one hand, they chose that lifestyle, right?! I mean I don't agree with that statement but that's a lot of people's opinion on celebrity. With social media now suddenly everyone has an opinion. In some respects its become anti-social disorder "media" lol I mean...look at Kanye vs Pete...Pete has had to check himself into some serious therapy due to the fact that public scrutiny has fuckdd with his inner sabatour. I miss the days where people had to either pay to have a ad in the classifieds to say something public to you or say it to your face. Mofos now gone wild 😀

Anyway, I can't wait for the Biopic.  Madonna will give us her perspective and that's what I want to hear.  Not the hearsay and what others think they know!  A script like this may still take some time because Madonna is fighting those who want a "HOLLYWOOD" version of things.  And while I suspect Madonna will want to paint a certain version, it hardly is a version that follow the typical Biopics that have been released.

13 hours ago, Madge said:

She was right to say that she is still here after Michael , Whitney are dead because the speech was basically telling her critics to fuck themselves and the critics basically killed them and this is prob what she believes and i think she is right ! Anyway i think the film should start with her losing her mother and end with her becoming one ! Finally enough love 

That's not quite how it went. These were her words:

"People say that I'm so controversial, but I think the most controversial thing that I have ever done is to stick around. Michael is gone. Tupac is gone. Prince is gone. Whitney is gone. Amy Winehouse is gone. David Bowie is gone. But I'm still standing."

Michael, Prince, Whitney and Amy suffered from mental health issues and/or succumbed to drug addiction.

Tupac was murdered.

Bowie died of cancer.

It was insensitive and boastful and Billboard were right to edit it out of their main broadcast.

9 minutes ago, Vasili said:

"People say that I'm so controversial, but I think the most controversial thing that I have ever done is to stick around. Michael is gone. Tupac is gone. Prince is gone. Whitney is gone. Amy Winehouse is gone. David Bowie is gone. But I'm still standing."

Michael, Prince, Whitney and Amy suffered from mental health issues and/or succumbed to drug addiction.

Tupac was murdered.

Bowie died of cancer.

It was insensitive and boastful and Billboard were right to edit it out of their main broadcast.

She was probably trying to say she is still alive and kinda less respected than her long lost peers for this reason but worded it in the worst possible way imo, lol

32 minutes ago, Vasili said:

Tupac was murdered.

Bowie died of cancer.

What makes you think billboard removed it lol it was prob madonnas request and it just came out wrong as she got a bit emotional 

lol at you jumping to a conclusion billboard removed it ! I think madonna or guy prob requested it and no matter what her peers died of she is still here and i think she feels that because she is not dead she is a target and i think she is right . Sickens me how bowie got his first grammy after he died and how michael jackson and prince got asses kissed after they had died and well whitney i feel is the most tragic because of how she died and her downfall previous to it and how the press and the public treated her for singing badly on some occasions i think it wss all too much for her ! Madonna was bragging that she is strong and i think she even surprises herself how she got through all the abuse and bullying she has got and  now to top it off fans are bloody joining in the anti madonna brigade and acting like she is some drugged up alcoholic when she clearly isnt but her posing with a alcoholic drink gets tongues wagging when most likely its prob just bloody fruit juice ! She was basically saying you tried to break me but you made me stronger and so what if it was boastful she should be proud of herself and that she keeps on going despite hearing calls for her to retire etc etc shes not pefect and sometimes she says things that come out all wrong and this came out all wrong like the white house comments came out all wrong too ! Anyway no matter what she says people will twist her words 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic