The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

18 minutes ago, Madge said:

What makes you think billboard removed it lol it was prob madonnas request and it just came out wrong as she got a bit emotional 

lol at you jumping to a conclusion billboard removed it !

Came out wrong? Bit emotional? She literally prepared a speech and read it from the teleprompter.

Please stop trying to make excuses for her and try to accept that she can say dumb shit sometimes.

If Billboard didn't remove it on their own accord and it was M who asked them to, it just justifies my point.

3B3C0C6000000578-4018382-image-a-29_1481372072923.jpg

24 minutes ago, Vasili said:

Came out wrong? Bit emotional? She literally prepared a speech and read it from the teleprompter.

Please stop trying to make excuses for her and try to accept that she can say dumb shit sometimes.

If Billboard didn't remove it on their own accord and it was M who asked them to, it just justifies my point.

3B3C0C6000000578-4018382-image-a-29_1481372072923.jpg

It totally cheapened the moment imo, but that seems to be all M is able to do these days sadly.

6 minutes ago, Madge said:

Another thread turned into a madonna bashing fest 

anyway the film should not end on that speech it should end on the michael jackson mtv tribute speech instead lol

wasn't there a photo of her with lots of post it notes detailing moments during her career. which was the most recent on there?

I got round to watching Elvis last night - a really good film which covers so many years in approx 2hr 40mins. I did not find it is effective as Rocketman, which I thought was a bit more deep. Elvis suffers from skating over so much very quickly, which is the problem that I imagine M's biopic suffering from. Also, it reminded me that to effectively capture both the drama of the story and the effectiveness of the live performances, M needs to choose very carefully whether she is the director of this movie or not. I think she should be the main producer, or even co-director.

11 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

wasn't there a photo of her with lots of post it notes detailing moments during her career. which was the most recent on there?

I just want the movie to be gritty and real i dont think she should go past having her first baby and ray of light because well then you get into kabbalah and the english roses lol

7 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I got round to watching Elvis last night - a really good film which covers so many years in approx 2hr 40mins. I did not find it is effective as Rocketman, which I thought was a bit more deep. Elvis suffers from skating over so much very quickly, which is the problem that I imagine M's biopic suffering from. Also, it reminded me that to effectively capture both the drama of the story and the effectiveness of the live performances, M needs to choose very carefully whether she is the director of this movie or not. I think she should be the main producer, or even co-director.

Co director would be great the one thing i worry about in this film is how she will portray sean and if she has his blessing 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Kieran said:

I think there's gonna be a lot of montage sequences

2 hours ago, Kieran said:

I finally caught this the other day as well.  I felt the film was more about his manager and his effect on Elvis.  The film portrays Elvis more as naive. The film did manage to show key moments in his career, but his career was so massive, even for nearly a three hour film, it would be hard to do a proper biopic on him.  I feel the same with Madonna, but then again I'm a fan, so there is so much more I'm interested than the general public cares about.  I don't think any biopic, no matter who writes it or directs will satisfy us fans completely. For the general population, it will be enough for them to get an idea who Madonna is and what she's accomplished. 

I actually thought that was a brilliant part of the speech. Yes all those people are dead. Madonna has more tenacity and skill to avoid all the trouble they went through despite her mother dying, her dad marrying their maid, her siblings all having drug issues, being raped, and having to be constantly told she was a dumb slut who only got famous by using her vagina. Out of all the celebrities she mentioned you would've thought she was gonna end up a crack head but nah. She's still here bitches and gonna live to be 120 flashing her cooch.

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I actually thought that was a brilliant part of the speech. Yes all those people are dead. Madonna has more tenacity and skill to avoid all the trouble they went through despite her mother dying, her dad marrying their maid, her siblings all having drug issues, being raped, and having to be constantly told she was a dumb slut who only got famous by using her vagina. Out of all the celebrities she mentioned you would've thought she was gonna end up a crack head but nah. She's still here bitches and gonna live to be 120 flashing her cooch.

I hope so :) long live the queen

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, I am not sure why some are picking this apart?  I agree that Madonna sometimes has an odd way of expressing things.  Just like when she made the comment regarding "blowing up the White House".  While what she said was clumsily worded, anyone with any sense knew she was trying to make a point about the climate of Washington DC and the how people perceive politics. Hyperbole at best here!

As for the speech in question in this thread, like you, I felt she was making a point that she didn't become a victim of the circumstances as some of her peers were despite her own struggles. She could have easily been one of them if she wasn't as strong as she did.  I think she recognizes, we all react different with circumstances in our lives and she was simply pointing out, she didn't let any of that destroy her dream or life.  In short, she expressed she's a survivor. 

19 hours ago, Kieran said:

I've thought about this too and have the same concerns.

In reality, she is probably going to be Co-Director #1 but will be billed as Director.

I'm sure the studio is approaching her remarkable story (and ego) delicately and wisely...

I've also thought about the people in her earlier life who may come out of the woodwork re their representation in it.

There's so much to navigate with autobiographies of the written or visual kind.

For instance, it's her story to tell but she has to be careful, legally speaking, telling the story of others.

You'll notice in the Elvis film that only one member of the Memphis Mafia is represented by name (Jerry Schilling).

He's on good terms with the Elvis estate, whereas I think the other living members are not, which is interesting.

19 hours ago, Madge said:

anyway the film should not end on that speech it should end on the michael jackson mtv tribute speech instead lol

Now that was an excellent speech. Still not climactic enough for a film ending though.

The film should climax with her climaxing on the bed while performing Like A Virgin during BAT.

"God?"

The end! Roll credits!

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

If you can't empathise that it can be seen as tastelessly boastful, then that's on you.

Bowie and Tupac, in particular, died due to circumstances out of their control.

You can say you're a survivor without having to compare yourself to contemporaries who struggled or had terrible luck.

It's called humility but the low-vibe Leo part in her jumped out, I guess.

10 hours ago, Vasili said:

If you can't empathise that it can be seen as tastelessly boastful, then that's on you.

Bowie and Tupac, in particular, died due to circumstances out of their control.

You can say you're a survivor without having to compare yourself to contemporaries who struggled or had terrible luck.

It's called humility but the low-vibe Leo part in her jumped out, I guess.

Oh well lol

10 hours ago, Vasili said:

Now that was an excellent speech. Still not climactic enough for a film ending though.

The film should climax with her climaxing on the bed while performing Like A Virgin during BAT.

"God?"

The end! Roll credits!

I was being sarcastic ! The film should end on her becoming a mother i dont want the film to be about her winning awards shes never cared for them in reality like some artists whos lives depend on them so i dont think awards should be in the film ! I dont want the film to be a massive ass kissing fest lol i want it to be like truth or dare ! Raw gritty and honest and no holding back and i think she will do this ! I actually dont think she is one to boast a lot the billboard speech was misunderstood like her blowing up the whitehouse speech and im glad she or her manager requested it the be removed as youre right it kind of does come across a bit like ! Theyre dead and im not so fuck you lol 

11 hours ago, Vasili said:

While we wait for an official update on this biopic, I've posted a link to her brother's audiobook in this thread:

https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/24424-dl-life-with-my-sister-madonna/

I only care if Chris is having some soup and eating fried hot chicken wings while reading the thing over the phone

maxresdefault.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic