The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

I had a dream the film dropped unexpectedly on streaming services and that there was a scene where both M and Debi claimed to catch an eating disorder from Rob Lowe and then the film did a time jump to 95/96 and that the majority of the film focused on her filming Evita and there was a meta scene were the real Madonna played 80s Madonna on the tv in a flashback but it was her now in her 60s. I hated the movie so much and logged onto Infinity and everyone here LOVED it and thought it was brilliant and proven wrong that she made a great film and i was the only pissed and the only one who hated it.

What could possibly be needed from production that would be such a pain in the ass? It's a relatively modern biopic being produced by a massive film studio who've done this kind of thing before. They're not re-creating ancient Rome. Like, surely 90% of it is going to shot in either a studio or on location in NYC or LA.

I can understand the script being difficult to finalise alright, we all know how much of a life she's led and fitting any chunk of it into 2 hours ain't going to be easy.

It could be that certain scenes have been scrapped which they'd already boxed off with locations etc. But from the tweet, it sounds to me like some production runner is working hard for the first time and can't hack the heat! Or perhaps they're approaching a deadline that's not going to be met and it's been pushed into next year. 

Who knows? Time will tell... I mean, if you look at how long it took to get Evita made, we could all be in nursing homes by the time this gets finished ( I know some of you already are) :angel:

edit: ...although Covid testing is still being done daily on tv & film sets (insurance requirements) which adds about 20% to the budget. Maybe they thought we'd be past that phase by now and there's an extra 10 million to be sourced...

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

What could possibly be needed from production that would be such a pain in the ass? It's a relatively modern biopic being produced by a massive film studio who've done this kind of thing before. They're not re-creating ancient Rome. Like, surely 90% of it is going to shot in either a studio or on location in NYC or LA.

I can understand the script being difficult to finalise alright, we all know how much of a life she's led and fitting any chunk of it into 2 hours ain't going to be easy.

It could be that certain scenes have been scrapped which they'd already boxed off with locations etc. But from the tweet, it sounds to me like some production runner is working hard for the first time and can't hack the heat! Or perhaps they're approaching a deadline that's not going to be met and it's been pushed into next year. 

Who knows? Time will tell... I mean, if you look at how long it took to get Evita made, we could all be in nursing homes by the time this gets finished ( I know some of you already are) :angel:

edit: ...although Covid testing is still being done daily on tv & film sets (insurance requirements) which adds about 20% to the budget. Maybe they thought we'd be past that phase by now and there's an extra 10 million to be sourced...

Yeah...i mean so they spent 6 months with every leading actress wanting this role, got a new screenwriter, scouted locations, found the perfect acclaimed actress and now its too difficult? Puh lease, this isnt a marvel movie. Supposed fans are the really the ones who for some reason are really out for blood. If she could film WE she can do this. Plus Universal obviously wants the film since they didnt give it up when they were planning "Blond Ambition" with Brett Ratner over half a decade ago.

There's too much money already invested into this project to just let it go. I think production could get delayed a year or so for multiple reasons and it's not a priority for Universal right now, but it's definitely going to happen.

On the other hand, I'm curious about the reason why The Javis have the script of the movie, btw. 🧐

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

You're right.

For example, Bohemian Rhapsody took like 10 years to be made. Dwayne Johnson was announced as Black Adam in 2007 and the movie is about to premiere this year. This is how Hollywood works when they announce a movie without a finished script. 💀

I also think this is all about deadlines, tbh.

9 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

There's too much money already invested into this project to just let it go. I think production could get delayed a year or so for multiple reasons and it's not a priority for Universal right now, but it's definitely going to happen.

On the other hand, I'm curious about the reason why The Javis have the script of the movie, btw. 🧐

What is "The Javis"?

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What is "The Javis"?

Los Javis are Javier Ambrossi and Javier Calvo, two Spanish directors.

They have kinda like a modern Pedro Almodóvar style. They directed in 2020 the biopic series of La Veneno (a key transexual icon in Spain) and Madonna loved it so much she called them and met them in London.

If the biopic turns into a series... then we win. But I still think it will be a Hollywood movie.

Movies get scrapped all the time. Even huge huge budget ones that are even finished. The new Batgirl movie just got completely canned just before release. With spiraling costs to do with the economy and war which are out of M's hands it might just be postponed or put on hold. We know how Madonna works it's not out of the realms of possibility that she is being demanding. Its her life story, she should be, It's also not fair to point the finger at fans for causing shite. We literally have no idea who that message is from and whether they are in the know about these things or a total bluffer. 

33 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Movies get scrapped all the time. Even huge huge budget ones that are even finished. The new Batgirl movie just got completely canned just before release. With spiraling costs to do with the economy and war which are out of M's hands it might just be postponed or put on hold. We know how Madonna works it's not out of the realms of possibility that she is being demanding. Its her life story, she should be, It's also not fair to point the finger at fans for causing shite. We literally have no idea who that message is from and whether they are in the know about these things or a total bluffer. 

But we literally can go through this thread and see all the shit fans on a message board dedicated to her type about this project. Remember, there was even a nasty scene that was "leaked" from the script that was between her and Chris about BJs/jizz. There will always be haters but the most venom about this project is from and by fans. I doubt the random joe on the street thinks about the biopic or if they even know but all madonna fans do. I think this RUMOR of the flick getting cancelled now is bullshit and now you have fans already saying "yesss make it a series" or saying it's a monstrosity without even reading a single page. And the new batgirl isnt anything compared to a biopic from universal. 

46 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Los Javis are Javier Ambrossi and Javier Calvo, two Spanish directors.

They have kinda like a modern Pedro Almodóvar style. They directed in 2020 the biopic series of La Veneno (a key transexual icon in Spain) and Madonna loved it so much she called them and met them in London.

If the biopic turns into a series... then we win. But I still think it will be a Hollywood movie.

Wait...how do we know they havr the script lol and "we win" is a pretty bold statement. I for one support her artist vision especially when its about HER life. Unless she's having aldo design anything for it then im out.

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Uh oh

I was wondering who Deuxmoi is so I went on their website. They have a disclaimer that says they post rumors not facts so I'll wait for a more reputable source. The Cher biopic has already been confirmed and it has nothing to do with Madonna's movie. Madonna was still talking about the movie as recently as earlier this month on Jimmy Fallon. I can't see her giving up on this film. She knows if she doesn't do it someone else will make a film with a script she doesn't approve of.

Just now, Vogue Italia said:

I was wondering who Deuxmoxi is so I went on their website. They have a disclaimer that says they post rumors not facts so I'll wait for a more reputable source. The Cher biopic has already been confirmed and it has nothing to do with Madonna's movie. Madonna was still talking about the movie as recently as earlier this month on Jimmy Fallon. I can't see her giving up on this film. She knows if she doesn't do it someone else will make a film with a script she doesn't approve of.

I know Deuxmoi from gossip about the real housewives and it usually comes out wrong but idk anout their hollywood gossip.

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wait...how do we know they havr the script lol and "we win" is a pretty bold statement. I for one support her artist vision especially when its about HER life. Unless she's having aldo design anything for it then im out.

I said "we win" cause if it's a series she can cover more and even could be more than a season. She said she was having trouble trimming down the script. If we have more "visual biography" = we win.

Not talking about Los Javis and have no idea if they have the script, but I can totally picture her asking for their help or collaboration in some way. "Veneno" is SO MUCH the type of visual and story we know she loves.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I said "we win" cause if it's a series she can cover more and even could be more than a season. She said she was having trouble trimming down the script. If we have more "visual biography" = we win.

Not talking about Los Javis and have no idea if they have the script, but I can totally picture her asking for their help or collaboration in some way. "Veneno" is SO MUCH the type of visual and story we know she loves.

I dont count that as winning because obviously the aim is a film and whether we like it or not film is more prestigious than a tv series and more easily digested than having to binge watch for hours. This movie is going to be her legacy when she's long gone along with Truth or Dare. Im seriously hoping all the stars are aligned in her favor especially since HER life story is what she is telling. It's also so exciting to read youtube comments on julia garner's interviews from people who arent even Madonna fans yet excited to see her portray her. She is a skilled actress that people genuinely like and she will probably make Madonna likeable again too.

Yeah a series would be way more iconic and actually hit more of the GP and cover more ground than a movie TBH. 
Movies are in a funny place right now. There’s an interesting interview with Matt Damon that came out recently. 
Cineworld the worlds second biggest cinema chain is about to file for bankruptcy. 

On 8/26/2022 at 5:24 PM, deathproof said:

You’re not gonna figure out who Deuxmoi is by their website lol

when something ends up being true, they announce it

but this is all blind items submitted by other people.

what else are we suppose to discuss at this point anyway?

I'm not judging you for posting it. I had never heard that name before. In the tweet you shared the responses on Twitter were as if was a legit source so I was interested to know if that was some anonymous insider or the stage name of someone close to the source. I see it's like the blind item website Crazy Days and Nights that used to be popular.

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah a series would be way more iconic and actually hit more of the GP and cover more ground than a movie TBH. 
Movies are in a funny place right now. There’s an interesting interview with Matt Damon that came out recently. 
Cineworld the worlds second biggest cinema chain is about to Gil for bankruptcy. 

Err a series would be way more iconic? Oh you have lost me girl!

I just can’t see how they’re gonna fit all that story in two hours without it being postcards and cliches for the most part. An 8 part  60 min per episode series is way more exciting and hits more of the general public than a movie ever would. 

call it

The Crown : Good for royal movement 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic