The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

On 10/29/2022 at 8:55 PM, PlayPause said:

People don't go the movies to see a documentary as much as they do for a biopic. See Rocket Man, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Doors, La Môme (La Vie en Rose), and so much more and compare to viewing figures of docos. Not the same product at all, not the same audience.

Take these two recent releases, both being showed at Cannes Film Festival as high profile productions : Moonage Daydream, widely acclaimed, made $11million at the box office vs. Elvis, panned by critics and movie goers, made $286million.

Thanks for sharing those stats. It really puts it in perspective. Although I saw both and loved both.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:33 AM, wtg1987 said:

Sorry to point out the obvious here , The problem with this biopic now though is M popularity is probably at its lowest so how is she going to get people interested in it - not to mention her movie history is also in the shitter - it was good time get the girl from ozark but so far that’s all anyone is probably remotely interested. I just think she  is better off just writing a memoir - it’s certainly a lot cheaper …

The main purpose of doing a biopic would be to reignite interest in her legacy, something a book would not achieve.

But I do fear this wouldn’t happen and that the movie would just flop. It really feels like the wrong time now. Especially with every man and his (Snoop) dog doing one. The ship has sailed I think.

3 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

As mentionned in many articles, Bebe Rexha was also on the list of the girls who were considered for the role of Madonna and it could have been interesting:

She's definitely serving early M in the face, however I think she's a lot curvier than M was.

It could've been challenging to mimic M's super lean and athletic body during WTG and BAT tour scenes, for instance.

19 hours ago, Vasili said:

She's definitely serving early M in the face, however I think she's a lot curvier than M was.

It could've been challenging to mimic M's super lean and athletic body during WTG and BAT tour scenes, for instance.

She's just a little bit curvy which is very easy to fix with like 3 months of diet and gym cardio. But it could have been interesting, if she had the acting skills of course.

More rumors - nothing new, though, we all knew M was going to be a nightmare in this.

Madonna wants Julia Garner ‘to slip into her mindset and live and breathe as she does’

Madonna 'micromanaging' Julia Garner as her biopic 'means the world' to the pop star

https://www.geo.tv/latest/451908-madonna-putting-intense-pressure-on-julia-garner-as-she-preps-for-biopic

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1009224-madonna-wants-julia-garner-to-slip-into-her-mindset-and-live-and-breathe-as-she-does

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

More rumors - nothing new, though, we all knew M was going to be a nightmare in this.

Madonna wants Julia Garner ‘to slip into her mindset and live and breathe as she does’

Madonna 'micromanaging' Julia Garner as her biopic 'means the world' to the pop star

https://www.geo.tv/latest/451908-madonna-putting-intense-pressure-on-julia-garner-as-she-preps-for-biopic

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1009224-madonna-wants-julia-garner-to-slip-into-her-mindset-and-live-and-breathe-as-she-does

Not that I'm buying anything in those articles are even true, but if so I wouldn't blame Madonna in pushing Julia to 'becoming' Madonna. After all, it's her she's playing.  Nothing wrong with hoping for perfection. I would think Julia would be receptive of the push since she tends to get really engrossed into her characters.  Madonna probably knows that, so is prepping her for this.  I find it interesting that some are twisting this as if Madonna is forcing her self on Julia when it's pretty typical for directors to push and guide their actors in their roles. 

Also if Madonna is currently coaching her as these articles claim, that means the Biopic is still a go and in pre-production stages.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, Erotico said:

If it was a documentary it would have been  better : at least we could have the point of view of people who have known her, and being she in charge it’s very easy to omit “unconfortable” parts of the story .. I hope she deals a lot with the rise to fame and how she got relevant in the music business thoughrout the 80’s and 90’s

To be honest I would rather it be about her music career and then do the next film about her severe PTSD in her life but also include many songs in their previous deleted versions or demos where none of the fans have it but since she is or has at least the outlet to get it that we get a soundtrack and can see how she made all this music. I don't need another Madonna drama

48 minutes ago, Jet said:

Did anyone notice Jenna ortega wearing a replica of Madonna’s erotica video outfit with “1992-93” clipped onto the sleeve on Jimmy Kimmel last week? Could it be a hint that she’s playing the erotica era Madonna? 🤷🏻‍♂️

As if. That look was done on some of the Autumn fashion shows this year, she's just wearing what the stylist gave her.

7 hours ago, Jet said:

Did anyone notice Jenna ortega wearing a replica of Madonna’s erotica video outfit with “1992-93” clipped onto the sleeve on Jimmy Kimmel last week? Could it be a hint that she’s playing the erotica era Madonna? 🤷🏻‍♂️

320240645_526767446047832_20043879270868

319843830_1796457404057893_5334225935085

11 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

Seems like the Whitney biopic hasn't been very well received. I'm glad that M is taking her time with her movie.

it really looks like a made for cable production, I have zero interest in this, but I am interested to see how Whitney's lesbian relationship is portrayed... from the trailer, it looks like her "friendship" is a part of the plot

Julia Garner commented on M's latest Instagram post about Jean-Michel Basquiat. It's nice to see so many positive comments. Usually M's comment section is overwhelming filled with trolls.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmhnGDNSLaE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

20221223_213324.thumb.jpg.bf98955b75d05493a9cb053f0af67f51.jpg

Screenshot_20221223-184248_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0adce1ab28ac2ee92c9f8e949b18abea.jpg

We want to hear these stories! 

Screenshot_20221223-213938_Instagram.thumb.jpg.458b537415cfe01fd019eaaa9c379298.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic