The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

15 hours ago, Andreo said:

I really expected things to start next year, but wow, they're already casting! How much time does the casting usually take for a movie? I'm so excited :hyper:

Casting for a Hollywood film usually takes about three months or less. I didn't expect her to announce she was casting, but I felt they would at least announce the star of the film before January. I think she has already narrowed down her selection of people she wants to audition to portray her. This movie involves an eclectic group of personalities. It'll be hard enough trying to find a perfect Madonna (selected by Madonna, to act in a film written and directed by Madonna), but imagine who is going to portray Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring. Then there are living people Dan Gilroy, Stephen Bray, DJ Jellybean, Sean Penn and etc. I wonder if she'll allow them to meet with the actors portraying them.

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 12:20 AM, Luci nln said:

Casting for a Hollywood film usually takes about three months or less. I didn't expect her to announce she was casting, but I felt they would at least announce the star of the film before January. I think she has already narrowed down her selection of people she wants to audition to portray her. This movie involves an eclectic group of personalities. It'll be hard enough trying to find a perfect Madonna (selected by Madonna, to act in a film written and directed by Madonna), but imagine who is going to portray Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring. Then there are living people Dan Gilroy, Stephen Bray, DJ Jellybean, Sean Penn and etc. I wonder if she'll allow them to meet with the actors portraying them.

Let's not forget the rumored scene when Frida Kahlo comes in... I wonder who she'll pick to portray her that is if this scene really existis and if it makes the final cut.

13 hours ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

What is this rumored scene exactly? 

More or less something like that ; M said recently that one day she was in her appartment during her pre-fame days in New york, and she felt the spirit of Frida Khalo entering her body and soul.

18 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

More or less something like that ; M said recently that one day she was in her appartment during her pre-fame days in New york, and she felt the spirit of Frida Khalo entering her body and soul.

26 minutes ago, cake said:

a scene with Frida Kahlo would be rather campy imo. M seems to be fond of the concept though, in W.E. Wallis appeared to Wally for meaningful conversations so who knows

It sounds like a very Madonna-y concept.  It also sounds completely excessive and overtly camp, so of course i live

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Jesus Christ, I really thought that was M for a second lol! I remember that day when she served iconic M looks nonstop, honestly she looks so good as her. Also gotta love her (blonde) Ambition, reminds me of M insisting to get the Evita role XD

Definitely! I'm also curious...who will play Sean!? I thought maybe Ansel Elgort or idk

37 minutes ago, Andreo said:

What is she's already been chosen? :Madonna034: we know they have been casting for a few weeks now, what if she got the role? 

I honestly think it will be Anne only because if you've seen her feed she's been posting vague Madonna-esque things and Aaron has been liking the photos and she's been captioning stuff like good things coming etc. I think Florence is/was pushed by Universal. Awhile back supposedly there was an actress reading and it WASN'T florence.

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I honestly think it will be Anne only because if you've seen her feed she's been posting vague Madonna-esque things and Aaron has been liking the photos and she's been captioning stuff like good things coming etc. I think Florence is/was pushed by Universal. Awhile back supposedly there was an actress reading and it WASN'T florence.

If it was made a while ago you could say she is just trying to be seen and taken in consideration, but as casting already started, that might really be an hint about being officially taken the role? Omg

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic