The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

2 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

not all madonnas films or performances were bad so whatever 

overall she had good reviews for good performances... the bad ones were truly abysmal.

The problem with Madonna's career in film isn't that the critics are biased, the problem is that she genuinely doesn't understand the movie industry and doesn't realize that the rules from the music industry don't apply. Even as a producer she wasn't successful and produced shit movies: Agent Cody Bank and Agent Cody Banks 2 :lol:

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

overall she had good reviews for good performances... the bad ones were truly abysmal.

The problem with Madonna's career in film isn't that the critics are biased, the problem is that she genuinely doesn't understand the movie industry and doesn't realize that the rules from the music industry don't apply. Even as a producer she wasn't successful and produced shit movies: Agent Cody Bank and Agent Cody Banks 2 :lol:

i thought she did a good job on w/e ..i do not worry about her directing the movie - i worry about who will be cast - she wasnt the only producer of cody banks , there were many ..she prob had very little say to what happened in that movie 

5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I worry about the script and the storyline, hope she doesn't portray herself as a one-dimensional hero... the fans would LOVE that though

david said it will be raw and gritty ..she wont hold back anything .i mean look at truth or dare - i kind of worry about her being too honest lol

5 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

I think in general critics have been unfair to madonna throughout her career ..films , music , personal life ....what i mean is no matter how good it is there will be critics that slam it just because its madonna so we should be prepared for that ..

That might be true in relation to movies and her personal life but for the most part her music has gotten very positive reviews. Even the albums that people on here complain about such as Hard Candy, MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X got mostly positive reviews from reputable music critics. Most of the negative things about her personal life have been written by tabloid reporters, they to me don’t qualify as critics. 

On 1/24/2022 at 12:00 PM, beautifulkiller said:

david said it will be raw and gritty ..she wont hold back anything .i mean look at truth or dare - i kind of worry about her being too honest lol

Me too. People who don’t like her will pick out any negative moments or traits she shows and talk and write about those, ignoring the positive parts. 

5 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Why does the actress have to do their own singing? Couldn’t they just lip sync to the original recordings? 

Yeah, I have no idea what singing has to do with this particular role, they will most likely use Madonna's original vocals anyway... and for some improv singing scenes (like scenes with rehearsals, studio singing etc) Madonna can do her own vocals...

I'm a bit concerned. When M announced the biopic back in August 2020, she said she was almost done writing the script. Last spring it was reported she was done and she turned in the first draft, so that's why Diablo Cody moved on to another project. Then she brought in Erin Cressida Wilson . In October, M said again the script is almost done. At this point in 2022 I thought we'd at least have a movie title and a starring actress announced. In the Instagram Live she was still sort of contemplating a series although she wants to do a movie, but she doesn't even have a title. Her last Instagram Live was more informative. She was saying ask us some questions but the guy filming wasn't even asking her questions that we were asking.

M hasn't been as active on Instagram with her daily photo shoots so hopefully she has been quietly casting for more than just Debi Mazar's character. I shudder to think how long editing will take. I initially thought this film might be released in 2023 to coincide with the 40th anniversary of her debut album but I don't see this being completed in a year. I still think M should hire a director and she could serve as the executive producer. That would give her some freedom to record some news tracks for the soundtrack and plan her next stadium tour to coincide with the release.

2 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

I'm a bit concerned. When M announced the biopic back in August 2020, she said she was almost done writing the script. Last spring it was reported she was done and she turned in the first draft, so that's why Diablo Cody moved on to another project. Then she brought in Erin Cressida Wilson . In October, M said again the script is almost done. At this point in 2022 I thought we'd at least have a movie title and a starring actress announced. In the Instagram Live she was still sort of contemplating a series although she wants to do a movie, but she doesn't even have a title. Her last Instagram Live was more informative. She was saying ask us some questions but the guy filming wasn't even asking her questions that we were asking.

M hasn't been as active on Instagram with her daily photo shoots so hopefully she has been quietly casting for more than just Debi Mazar's character. I shudder to think how long editing will take. I initially thought this film might be released in 2023 to coincide with the 40th anniversary of her debut album but I don't see this being completed in a year. I still think M should hire a director and she could serve as the executive producer. That would give her some freedom to record some news tracks for the soundtrack and plan her next stadium tour to coincide with the release.

Her Instagram live basically confirmed what you were saying about the timeframe, she was talking about dying to start recording new music and go on tour again. Somebody then reminded her about all the biopic work and she started talking about multitasking and doing both before kinda dropping the idea because it would be too much. Madonna knows how long this biopic is going to take and I think she is getting impatient stuck at home.

She's fucking with everybody. She knows that its a movie and not a series, what the title is, who the actors are and when she will be done filming and ready to tour. This is the 40 year old Madonna machine, they don't do things month by month. Her next three years are already mapped out. Do you really think she would be asking what other people think the movie should be titled - I don't.

Just now, Lucky90210 said:

She's fucking with everybody. She knows that its a movie and not a series, what the title is, who the actors are and when she will be done filming and ready to tour. This is the 40 year old Madonna machine, they don't do things month by month. Her next three years are already mapped out.

makes me laugh how she pretends to be like "ohhh thats a good one " when she has already thought of it before - anyway its good that she does things like this even if she does not listen to suggestions 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:18 AM, Lucky90210 said:

She's fucking with everybody. She knows that its a movie and not a series, what the title is, who the actors are and when she will be done filming and ready to tour. This is the 40 year old Madonna machine, they don't do things month by month. Her next three years are already mapped out. Do you really think she would be asking what other people think the movie should be titled - I don't.

I was going to say that this is also in the back of my mind. I hope she is playing coy and everything is going according to plan. I'm genuinely excited for this film and I want it to be a success.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic