The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

On 1/28/2022 at 11:59 AM, Vogue Italia said:

I was going to say that this is also in the back of my mind. I hope she is playing coy and everything is going according to plan. I'm genuinely excited for this film and I want it to be a success.

I think she is. It's like when she was pregnant of Rocco in an interview and said she wasnt. If she is genuinely still not sure of what she is going to do...yikes. but its a major studio, they have deadlines and since Universal was the original biopic studio with Brett Ratner and Madonna basically got them to do things her way I dont think they would bend that far into delaying it or making it into a series. Interestingly enough, wasnt the original script called Blond Ambition? I honestly think that's way too on the nose. For some reason I absolutely fell in love with her idea of calling it What It Feels Like For a Girl. Taking an obscure song title feels right especially the subject matter of that song and makes me think that its going to shed light on the sexism and misogyny she's faced and will probably be the center conflict. There was also rumors awhile back saying an actress was reading for her in LA and that it WASNT Florence. I really do not see Madonna in Florence and it is kinda weird to see everyone feels the opposite. I'm still hoping it is Anne.

Screenshot_20220130-013227_Instagram.jpg

4 minutes ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Must also be an Edith Piaf reference as well, given she's a huge fan of hers.

In 1935 Edith Piaf was discovered by a cabaret owner who gave her her first nightclub job. He began calling her “la môme piaf,” Parisian slang for “little sparrow,” a name she later adopted professionally.

SPOILER ALERT

So in the pictures shared on IG earlier today there's one scene where Madonna is in the recording studio in Paris in 1979 singing I give you a rendez-vous by Patrick Hernandez and is disgusted by the song. Nothing has ever surfaced of that perood. I wonder if she really recorded that.

53664289-10466653-image-a-58_16437716384

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

SPOILER ALERT

So in the pictures shared on IG earlier today there's one scene where Madonna is in the recording studio in Paris in 1979 singing I give you a rendez-vous by Patrick Hernandez and is disgusted by the song. Nothing has ever surfaced of that perood. I wonder if she really recorded that.

53664289-10466653-image-a-58_16437716384

is she holding the script , its not very big is it ? are scripts usually this small for a movie

2 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I'd venture to say she now has the most famous bathroom/toilet in America, possibly the world? Maybe this new toilet era will close out the biopic. 

Maybe it's a metaphore to say "I've gone through much shit" reason why she's always making shots in the toilet. She's such a poet :rose:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. That is an unwieldy script and would have to be significantly pared down to fit into a standard running time. I can't imagine a studio giving her funding when their priority is not the creation of art, but the making of money and time is money. She would have to deliver a lean, easily consumable project on time and within budget. Also, Madonna doesn't exist in a bubble. Her recent anti-union comments probably didn't fall on deaf ears and Hollywood is certainly a union town. She won't in a position to force, say, IATSE workers to work her schedule and hours. My guess is she'll be left with three choices: give up control of the project; an indefinite delay; or fund it herself. 

42 minutes ago, likeamasochist said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. That is an unwieldy script and would have to be significantly pared down to fit into a standard running time. I can't imagine a studio giving her funding when their priority is not the creation of art, but the making of money and time is money. She would have to deliver a lean, easily consumable project on time and within budget. Also, Madonna doesn't exist in a bubble. Her recent anti-union comments probably didn't fall on deaf ears and Hollywood is certainly a union town. She won't in a position to force, say, IATSE workers to work her schedule and hours. My guess is she'll be left with three choices: give up control of the project; an indefinite delay; or fund it herself. 

"Anti-Union comments" ¿?

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic