The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Movies get scrapped all the time. Even huge huge budget ones that are even finished. The new Batgirl movie just got completely canned just before release. With spiraling costs to do with the economy and war which are out of M's hands it might just be postponed or put on hold. We know how Madonna works it's not out of the realms of possibility that she is being demanding. Its her life story, she should be, It's also not fair to point the finger at fans for causing shite. We literally have no idea who that message is from and whether they are in the know about these things or a total bluffer. 

Well, what happened with Batgirl is not common. It costed $90M and was already filmed, but after the Discovery merger, the new CEO at Warner decided to cancel the project to “take a more ambitious approach for DC” (it was originally aimed for HBO Max). 💀 

It’s the worst precedent in the movie industry in decades, so I don't think we could take it as a reference for Madonna's biopic situation. In this case, we're still in the pre-production phase and there could be a lot of delays ahead before the production starts. Pretty normal in Hollywood.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Wait...how do we know they havr the script lol and "we win" is a pretty bold statement. I for one support her artist vision especially when its about HER life. Unless she's having aldo design anything for it then im out.

There's an episode of some spanish guys' podcast on YouTube where they refer to The Javis. And one of the hosts told that one of them was holding the script of the Madonna movie and bragging about already having it.

Also, The Javis told on a TV show that Madonna herself invited them to her house in London after watching that Veneno series, but that they cannot tell anything else.

I mean Madonna being so openly out there about the film may have been her way of saying to investors, studios and potential directors writers producers and actors that she is all in and involved. She’s queen of her own hype and if that’s what she needed to do to drum up the funding and interest etc then that’s whT she will do. She’s not had an easy ride when it comes to Hollywood. She will need to graft. This isn’t live nation or Warner records. 

2 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

Well, what happened with Batgirl is not common. It costed $90M and was already filmed, but after the Discovery merger, the new CEO at Warner decided to cancel the project to “take a more ambitious approach for DC” (it was originally aimed for HBO Max). 💀 

It’s the worst precedent in the movie industry in decades, so I don't think we could take it as a reference for Madonna's biopic situation. In this case, we're still in the pre-production phase and there could be a lot of delays ahead before the production starts. Pretty normal in Hollywood.

There's an episode of some spanish guys' podcast on YouTube where they refer to The Javis. And one of the hosts told that one of them was holding the script of the Madonna movie and bragging about already having it.

Also, The Javis told on a TV show that Madonna herself invited them to her house in London after watching that Veneno series, but that they cannot tell anything else.

Yes of course but even more films get scrapped during pre production stage. The Batgirl was just an example of not throwing good money after bad. 

I’m sure everything is still on… but this gossip is defo not a good look for the films wider image if it gets picked up by news channels etc. they love to rip her apart when it comes to her screen work. 

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yes of course but even more films get scrapped during pre production stage. The Batgirl was just an example of not throwing good money after bad. 

I’m sure everything is still on… but this gossip is defo not a good look for the films wider image if it gets picked up by news channels etc. they love to rip her apart when it comes to her screen work. 

But fans are so eager to share it lol we definitely need more windows in hell

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I mean Madonna being so openly out there about the film may have been her way of saying to investors, studios and potential directors writers producers and actors that she is all in and involved. She’s queen of her own hype and if that’s what she needed to do to drum up the funding and interest etc then that’s whT she will do. She’s not had an easy ride when it comes to Hollywood. She will need to graft. This isn’t live nation or Warner records. 

All the shoulder-rubbing at the many Oscar parties she's co-hosted has got to pay off too.

Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman  was  years in the making

We had recent Varity interview where she said she still works on script

and she kind a queit about it in social media than she did before  (almost everyday) 

Cher biopic is  also on universal but i don't see how it can affect Madonna's.

so if it delayed then new tour is really can happening next  

18 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

I'm not judging you for posting it. I had never heard that name before. In the tweet you shared the responses on Twitter were as if was a legit source so I was interested to know if that was some anonymous insider or the stage name of someone close to the source. I see it's like the blind item website Crazy Days and Nights that used to be popular 

Deuxmoi is blind items/celebrity gossip. It doesn’t matter if it’s true or not, it’s fun to discuss, and a discussion to add to this topic 👍

plus I’d say about 90% of the info we’ve talked about in this entire thread, came from that account

54 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

She should be publishing her memoirs and then option it to a studio. She can be creative consultant like Elton. This film would have bombed with her directing, writing, producing. Let professionals handle it. 

I would have preferred a memoir rather than a movie - something I can read and go back to - I just don’t think she’s good enough to direct this movie sorry 😞 

If people are cynical about this biopic than they can be forgiven because Madonna's film efforts in the past do not inspire confidence for the future. This project is a colossal waste of time, they are not even past finishing the script. The sooner its called off or postponed long term the better for everyone including Madonna, I am not looking forward to another of her film efforts in the running for a razzie award and flopping at the box office.

If this gets scrapped, I'll be irritated that the last 2.5 years were wasted when we could have had a new album and/or reissues rolled out sooner. 

Madonna works very slowly these days and eventually Universal is gonna lose interest or replace her if she keeps dragging her feet. Lately she has shown much more interest in music while the script is still stuck in development hell. They won't wait till 2024 to finally start filming. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Julia left the project already (assuming she truly was offered the role) because she can't wait around and is taking on other roles while she's in her prime. 

The new Marylin movie which is about to be released is 2 hours 46 minutes long. I hope the M biopic is as long. I really hope tye biopic happens cause this is gonna be so interesting ro know what happened behind the curtains during all those years. We will probably learn things we had no clue about, and no one but M herself knows those things.

I still hope it turns into a book/audiobook. And use that to kick off any new album or tour. I know a lot of people think of her as a visual artist first. But ol girl can paint with her words. Remind them what a great writer she is. It would be something totally new and exciting to kick off a new era. Amazing directors can go to that source material to make a tv series, movies, whatever for years to come. This story was always too much for a 2 or even 3 hour film. 

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

The new Marylin movie which is about to be released is 2 hours 46 minutes long. I hope the M biopic is as long. I really hope tye biopic happens cause this is gonna be so interesting ro know what happened behind the curtains during all those years. We will probably learn things we had no clue about, and no one but M herself knows those things.

Yeah: more than 2 hours but less than 3 is a perfect length for a Madonna biopic. Even if it just covers her early years.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:58 PM, wtg1987 said:

I would have preferred a memoir rather than a movie - something I can read and go back to - I just don’t think she’s good enough to direct this movie sorry 😞 

A memoir would also be a MASSIVE hit. It’s an absolute guaranteed best seller………this movie however is a guaranteed FLOP

21 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

The Elvis movie was 2 hours 40 mins long.

If you've checked it out, you'll see how hard it is to fit a whole life story into that amount of time.

She ought to just cut the story off at some stage and not have it cover her whole life.

Or make it a limited series and be properly indulgent about it.

The script doesn't necessarily need to go in sequence. For example, if the story is being told from a modern day standing point, it could zone in on certain episodes of her career via anecdotes/flashbacks as befit the narrative. A chronological biopic could run out of time by 1985 if you're to fit in all of the Lower East Side stuff from the 70s and early 80s. 

I'd actually really love a movie based on just that period of her life, exploring her relationships with family members, Dan Gilroy, Keith Haring, Basquiat and the hustle to get a record deal. Basically, I'd love a movie of pre-Madonna. Something like Downtown '81.

3 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

The script doesn't necessarily need to go in sequence. For example, if the story is being told from a modern day standing point, it could zone in on certain episodes of her career via anecdotes/flashbacks as befit the narrative. 

I absolutely hate it. I'm 100% old school when it comes to movies. Tell me the story in the real life order. 

1 minute ago, TonyMontana said:

I absolutely hate it. I'm 100% old school when it comes to movies. Tell me the story in the real life order. 

Maybe! I think that device would help cover the most ground like if its "modern" Madonna being interviewed and she goes into specific eras. I am SO excited to see Julia in the Erotica era!

On 9/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, musicinferno said:

If this gets scrapped, I'll be irritated that the last 2.5 years were wasted when we could have had a new album and/or reissues rolled out sooner. 

Madonna works very slowly these days and eventually Universal is gonna lose interest or replace her if she keeps dragging her feet. Lately she has shown much more interest in music while the script is still stuck in development hell. They won't wait till 2024 to finally start filming. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Julia left the project already (assuming she truly was offered the role) because she can't wait around and is taking on other roles while she's in her prime. 

You have to remember that we were in lockdown over a pandemic. Madonna was no doubt bored. She wasn’t going to record an album not knowing if she could promote it. She had just released one in 2019. Time wasn’t wasted. There was nothing else she could do. The reissue thing came later. That was going to take time regardless. They have to go through archives, get clearances, then remaster everything, decide on packaging and promotion, etc. They also wanted it to be tied in with Madonna’s 1982 anniversary. Back to the film -  I doubt Julia is going to end up doing this thing. It would be career suicide and she’s in demand for other things. The boot camp thing is also already known to be bs concocted by Madonna’s team fed to the media. This film was no where near ready. 

7 hours ago, drivebitch said:

You have to remember that we were in lockdown over a pandemic. Madonna was no doubt bored. She wasn’t going to record an album not knowing if she could promote it. She had just released one in 2019. Time wasn’t wasted. There was nothing else she could do. The reissue thing came later. That was going to take time regardless. They have to go through archives, get clearances, then remaster everything, decide on packaging and promotion, etc. They also wanted it to be tied in with Madonna’s 1982 anniversary. Back to the film -  I doubt Julia is going to end up doing this thing. It would be career suicide and she’s in demand for other things. The boot camp thing is also already known to be bs concocted by Madonna’s team fed to the media. This film was no where near ready. 

Also M has started on loads of projects that never got off the ground like the Luc Besson movie or the one where she plays a violin teacher - didn’t she learn violin for months?! The only difference now is that she shares everything on social media as she’s doing it (which I’m not really a fan of as it drags everything out)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic