The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

33 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

Do you guys think the biopic will show the process of creating Erotica plus release of Sex book how this affected her?

Would love to see this on the big screen!

The Sex book backlash was a huge part of her career and the first major threat to her career and success, so I expect it to be depicted in the film. I think Erotica will probably be used as the soundtrack to the scenes depicting the Sex Book era.... I don't think all albums will get equal time in the movie, some will probably be skipped altogether. I'd expect the recording sessions of the first demos and the  first album to be shown in the movie, not the rest.

47 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

Do you guys think the biopic will show the process of creating Erotica plus release of Sex book how this affected her?

Would love to see this on the big screen!

it really depends on what the broad storyline will be and if that moment supports the  storyline. Unfortunately a movie can't cover everything. I feel like she could make a whole movie just out of the Erotica era itself. 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:28 PM, Prayer said:

Los Javis are Javier Ambrossi and Javier Calvo, two Spanish directors.

They have kinda like a modern Pedro Almodóvar style. They directed in 2020 the biopic series of La Veneno (a key transexual icon in Spain) and Madonna loved it so much she called them and met them in London.

If the biopic turns into a series... then we win. But I still think it will be a Hollywood movie.

I loved this series ! Amazing !

22 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I feel like she could make a whole movie just out of the Erotica era itself. 

Yep. I feel the same about the Guy Ritchie years. Which is why I always preffered a series. But am I gonna get the total unfiltered truth about all of that with her at the helm? No.

Just now, Pootz333 said:

Yep. I feel the same about the Guy Ritchie years. Which is why I always preffered a series. But am I gonna get the total unfiltered truth about all of that with her at the helm? No.

It's kind of depressing to think about. I can see her rewriting her life story just like she rewrote her first LAV performance on MTV. 

"I dropped my shoe and then my butt was out" 

No girl, you planned to roll around on the floor from the beginning.... Your shoe falling off didn't make you hump your veil like it was latin dick.

17 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

and I also seriously doubt she was high on David Lettermen... She planned to say fuck a million times, but saying she was high from a Tupac blunt might seem more interesting and less calculated. 

I never thought she was high on Letterman but always thought she looked and acted stoned as fuck during LAV at the VMA's🤣

2 hours ago, androiduser said:

The Sex book backlash was a huge part of her career and the first major threat to her career and success, so I expect it to be depicted in the film. I think Erotica will probably be used as the soundtrack to the scenes depicting the Sex Book era.... I don't think all albums will get equal time in the movie, some will probably be skipped altogether. I'd expect the recording sessions of the first demos and the  first album to be shown in the movie, not the rest.

Just imagine Julia Garner running on the street with her tits for everyone to see lol

Jokes apart, I would luv to see all the process of making Erotica and Sex depicted in the film. It is a huge part of her career and deserves more recognizement.

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah, her eyes are bloodshot. I thought she was just drunky cuz of nerves. 

Gurl was nervous as hell, her voice tells all

On 9/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, steady75 said:

God Basquiat was so beautiful. Is it a reach to think she'll possibly cast David.

JMB was 22 when they dated. David will probably be 18-19 when the film is made. 

Dunno just a  thought. Thought she might crowbar her own son in sorta thing.

Ew. No, thank you. David is no actor.

And yes, Jean-Michel was a prince.

On 9/22/2022 at 2:41 PM, Pootz333 said:

I never thought she was high on Letterman but always thought she looked and acted stoned as fuck during LAV at the VMA's🤣

I had an eyebrow raised when she mentioned being stoned on Letterman ‘94 but I rewatched it again (for the 500th time) and I’m convinced she is actually stoned! Plus at the end she asks Letterman if he’s ever smoked endo and calls him a “goddamn liar” when he says he doesn’t know what that is. Lol… she seems almost giddy stoned at some points.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, I hope that the movie project is definitively canceled for many reasons: Madonna's life is so complex and extensive that it could not fit all in a two-hour movie, it is impossible. Another reason is that it will take away a lot of time that she could dedicate to music, which is what she does best and what she should dedicate herself to full time in my opinion. And lastly, no actress is up to her heels to be able to interpret her: one because she lacks expressiveness, another because she has masculine features, another because she is not well known in the media, another because she is not beautiful enough like Madonna, etc. Reasons That they end up disqualifying them and for what I think they don't deserve to play her and would end up harming the film.

I think that the ideal would be a book where she recounts her memories and where we fans could let our imagination run wild and recreate in our minds the events described there that would be totally sincere and where there would no longer be alter egos involved that finally end up being just a kind of useful masks or disguises only to achieve certain objectives such as promoting a song (Hung Up on Tokischa) or album (Ray of Light) and then throwing it away and immediately changing it for another in that desire to never show us who she really is , something that with the book would be different because it would allow us to know her in a sincere and real way and without disguises in between.

29 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

And lastly, no actress is up to her heels to be able to interpret her: one because she lacks expressiveness, another because she has masculine features, another because she is not well known in the media, another because she is not beautiful enough like Madonna, etc.

you're making it sound like the role of Madonna is the most complex role in the history of cinema :laughing:

If it was a documentary it would have been  better : at least we could have the point of view of people who have known her, and being she in charge it’s very easy to omit “unconfortable” parts of the story .. I hope she deals a lot with the rise to fame and how she got relevant in the music business thoughrout the 80’s and 90’s

1 hour ago, Sergio Guarino said:

If it was a documentary it would have been  better : at least we could have the point of view of people who have known her, and being she in charge it’s very easy to omit “unconfortable” parts of the story .. I hope she deals a lot with the rise to fame and how she got relevant in the music business thoughrout the 80’s and 90’s

A documentary can be made at any time in the future. See Tina Turner...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, Erotico said:

People don't go the movies to see a documentary as much as they do for a biopic. See Rocket Man, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Doors, La Môme (La Vie en Rose), and so much more and compare to viewing figures of docos. Not the same product at all, not the same audience.

Take these two recent releases, both being showed at Cannes Film Festival as high profile productions : Moonage Daydream, widely acclaimed, made $11million at the box office vs. Elvis, panned by critics and movie goers, made $286million.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:55 PM, PlayPause said:

People don't go the movies to see a documentary as much as they do for a biopic. See Rocket Man, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Doors, La Môme (La Vie en Rose), and so much more and compare to viewing figures of docos. Not the same product at all, not the same audience.

Take these two recent releases, both being showed at Cannes Film Festival as high profile productions : Moonage Daydream, widely acclaimed, made $11million at the box office vs. Elvis, panned by critics and movie goers, made $286million.

It's relative.

Moonage Daydream, which was great and captured Bowie's spirit in a way that a cringey biopic could never, cost less too.

But M is a drama queen, so she'll have more liberties dramatising/embelishing on the truth in film than she would a doco.

I wonder how much the Netflix series the Crown makes each Year? This is the second last season to be aired next week. Plus one final season pencilled in for next Year.  After that there would be a great opportunity to fill the void with another big Series with a Woman as famous as her HR The Queen.  It would be great if Madonna's life story was depicted similarly to the Crown, a Decade at a time, therefore being able to go into a bit more detail.  But would really love to know if it could make more money this way compared to a 2 hour movie with so much crammed into it.

Sorry to point out the obvious here , The problem with this biopic now though is M popularity is probably at its lowest so how is she going to get people interested in it - not to mention her movie history is also in the shitter - it was good time get the girl from ozark but so far that’s all anyone is probably remotely interested. I just think she  is better off just writing a memoir - it’s certainly a lot cheaper …

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic