The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

25 minutes ago, Danton said:

Or worse, a best of at Christmas 2022 with a "best of" tour  in 2023

How is it worse? That would be amazing. Only thing is, I want her to announce the tour following the momentum of the biopic release and tour after she is done promoting it. 

I think the biopic will come in 2023 to time it with the 40th anniversary of her first album and new music will come just after the movie premier together with a tour announcement. That would be perfect

2 hours ago, Danton said:

2022 the year of the musical void - shooting of the biopic at the earliest in spring then post production until Christmas ... No new album before the end of 2023 at most. Or worse, a best of at Christmas 2022 with a "best of" tour  in 2023

I’m sure there will be at least one new song if not more to go with the biopic so she has a chance to be nominated for Best Original Song. 

7 hours ago, Blond Ambition said:

Yeah but in my opinion, these successful biopic movies seem to always end on a triumphant high note and Ray of Light achieves that purpose. Its not like there was not tons of drama and conflict for her to get to that point, including sexism and being raped in New York among loads of other things. I have always pictured the movie opening with a scene of Express Yourself from Truth or Dare because it perfectly sums up who Madonna is but will also get people excited and into the movie right away. Then using flashback to show how she got to that point and then resuming story from there up to Ray of Light. Not only does that album bring her story all the way around as a sort of triumphant rebirth, it also is a very personal and emotional creation that would make for a great ending to the film. The fight against ageism and her charity work feels incomplete because it is. I think the idea of covering her life into the 2000's is logistically impossible within two hours and would be a big mistake from a story perspective. I have always thought ending at Ray of Light is perfect, it feels like the end of one story and the start of another which could play into a movie part two if the biopic meets with box office success.

They do but if that's the case, but with your logic Music would make more sense because not only did she hit #1 everywhere, she also had another baby, got married, moved to the UK, and toured for the first time in nearly a decade. That is definitely more life changing than what fans are trying to make ROL out to be but even then...is that the success Madonna wants to end on? From 20 years ago? Rmemeber, this is her "visual autobiography" so I doubt we're getting some cookie cutter biopic with white text at the end saying "after the huge success of Ray of Light I had alot more hits got married then divorced adopted children from Malawi which I still donate to and had alot of controversy there". Story wise and in regards to how integral it is to Madonna’s life and persona today I don't think she could cut those moments.

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They do but if that's the case, but with your logic Music would make more sense because not only did she hit #1 everywhere, she also had another baby, got married, moved to the UK, and toured for the first time in nearly a decade. That is definitely more life changing than what fans are trying to make ROL out to be but even then...is that the success Madonna wants to end on? From 20 years ago? Rmemeber, this is her "visual autobiography" so I doubt we're getting some cookie cutter biopic with white text at the end saying "after the huge success of Ray of Light I had alot more hits got married then divorced adopted children from Malawi which I still donate to and had alot of controversy there". Story wise and in regards to how integral it is to Madonna’s life and persona today I don't think she could cut those moments.

But she won a Grammy in 99 for ROL. I’d say that’s a career achievement in itself. Especially after being in the business for 16 yrs and never getting the recognition and accolades for your musical output till your 8th album

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

In the last days she confirmed the script is almost done, so they might finish around Xmas season imo, then when do you think they will start the casting and filming? 

Unless there’s pre-production happening behind the scenes like casting, location scouting, permits, costuming, set design, etc.., then I can’t see any filming till late 2022/early 2023

8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But she won a Grammy in 99 for ROL. I’d say that’s a career achievement in itself. Especially after being in the business for 16 yrs and never getting the recognition and accolades for your musical output till your 8th album

But that would imply that that was what she was fighting her entire career for one and that she needed that for validation. The grammys didnt even change the trajectory for her career or her life. Just another blip especially since she hasnt won a major one since then. In the context of today where everyone hates award shows and finds them elitist it makes even less sense to end your life story there.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But that would imply that that was what she was fighting her entire career for one and that she needed that for validation.

1995 BBMA acceptance speech: “It’s always been about the music”

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just another blip especially since she hasnt won a major one since then.

Confessions on a Dance Floor, Best Dance Album, 2007

Just now, deathproof said:

1995 BBMA acceptance speech: “It’s always been about the music”

Confessions on a Dance Floor, Best Dance Album, 2007

Not sure what BBMA quote is used for here since it invalidates the importance of awards. I agree, it is all about the music not some silly award show. As for grammys 2007 does anyone remember? Does she? Lol she wasnt even there and did they even air that segment? 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not sure what BBMA quote is used for here since it invalidates the importance of awards. I agree, it is all about the music not some silly award show. As for grammys 2007 does anyone remember? Does she? Lol she wasnt even there and did they even air that segment? 

Does it matter? It was for the album. She was awarded it.

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Does it matter? It was for the album. She was awarded it.

Lol if you have to ask if it matters...kinda shows the importance it has not only in her career but her life story since we are talking about the "visual autobiography".  I think we can agree on though that no matter how or where the story ends the looks are going to be a serve.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Lol if you have to ask if it matters...kinda shows the importance it has not only in her career but her life story since we are talking about the "visual autobiography".  I think we can agree on though that no matter how or where the story ends the looks are going to be a serve.

Huh 

I can't see her leaving out the kids. And if she includes the kids she most definitely will include Africa, the adoptions, and the Hospital and School she's built. That in itself is gonna be like 1/3 of the movie and probably what she will express as her greatest achievement, IMHO. 

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I can't see her leaving out the kids. And if she includes the kids she most definitely will include Africa, the adoptions, and the Hospital and School she's built. That in itself is gonna be like 1/3 of the movie and probably what she will express as her greatest achievement, IMHO. 

I'm very curious as to if she's going to include Tupac...she was included in his biopic then cut out!

unnamed (3).png

The major period off her success 84- 89 will most likely be a 10 minute segment or Like A Virgin MTV, Material Girl video meeting Sean and then a flash montage until the Like A Prayer album all set to Causing A Commotion. 

Virgin Tour, Who's That Girl Tour and album, True Blue and Like A Virgin album will all be flash sequence. 

I really can't see Madonna focusing too much on her commercial successes or critical acclaim moments on this tour. She's never seemed too interested in the bits people praised or understood. She'll focus on the personal moments, challenges, the things people misunderstood, the controversies and her motivations. Her successes will almost appear as footnotes. Vogue, Evita and Ray Of Light might be a the exceptions. 

If they go to Confessions they have to mention Guy. I don't know if Madonna will be comfortable replaying stuff about Roccos dad as their relationship has been fraught over the years.She might not wish to upset her son. 

She seems on good terms with Sean so I can't see too much about that. I think she'll focus on the relationships we don't know too much about, Tupac, Basquiat, Tony Ward, Andy Bird, Dennis Rodman. Maybe Beaty. 

A lot of successful biopics focus on overcoming some kind of personal issue like addiction and achieving personal happiness not necessarily reaching the height of commercial or critical success career wise.

I know some people find kids and motherhood boring, but her becoming a mother is her coming full circle and healing the pain from her mother’s death. 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm very curious as to if she's going to include Tupac...she was included in his biopic then cut out!

unnamed (3).png

Honestly, I don't think their fling isn't notable enough to mention in a biopic about either of their lives. The songs they recorded didn't even make an album. There are so many other men and storylines to include in her life. I feel like if she included Tupac people will say she did it for clout. Then again M likes to ruffle feathers and might include him just because. But if she includes Tupac then what Dennis Rodman? That relationship was highly publicized. Then there was Vanilla Ice (he's also working on his biopic) he is in the Sex book, Tony Ward is in "Justify My Love," and Warren Beatty is in Dick Tracy and Truth or Dare. Do you think she'll include having an affair with JFK Jr?

It makes you wonder how many hookups she'll include in the film. Her sex life can be a movie in itself. We know she has a sex scene with Basquiat in the script. Dan Gilroy has been mentioned. You can't leave out Jellybean, of course Sean Penn, and on her mood board I saw pictures of her ex-boyfriends DJ Mark Kamins and Ken Compton. Will she include Patrick Hernandez?

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Luci nln said:

Honestly, I don't think their fling isn't notable enough to mention in a biopic about either of their lives. The songs they recorded didn't even make an album. There are so many other men and storylines to include in her life. I feel like if she included Tupac people will say she did it for clout. Then again M likes to ruffle feathers and might include him just because. But if she includes Tupac then what Dennis Rodman? That relationship was highly publicized. Then there was Vanilla Ice (he's also working on his biopic) he is in the Sex book, Tony Ward is in "Justify My Love," and Warren Beatty is in Dick Tracy and Truth or Dare. Do you think she'll include having an affair with JFK Jr?

It makes you wonder how many hookups she'll include in the film. Her sex life can be a movie in itself. We know she has a sex scene with Basquiat in the script. Dan Gilroy has been mentioned. You can't leave out Jellybean, of course Sean Penn, and on her mood board I saw pictures of her ex-boyfriends DJ Mark Kamins and Ken Compton. Will she include Patrick Hernandez?

For sure...i think she can kinda maybe mention him or all them without necessarily going into all of the details. If i were writing the script i would do like a little montage or flashes of moments with them leading to her meeting Carlos. Those people who would claim shes doing it for "clout" are idiots and seeing all the comments cheering tupac for dumping a white woman are not the target audience for this film. It'll definitely be interesting for sure...had Veni Vidi Vici been a single i would say that would've been an amazing title. My dream title is "Live to Tell the Truth"

On 10/25/2021 at 7:06 PM, RUADJAI said:

I highly doubt she’s going to dramatize all that in the movie. She will likely just put that as a wtitten update over the final credits. 

I think the fans expect every successful part of her career to be covered, which would make this movie just an endless sequence of music videos and concert performances. And on top of that she would have to squeeze in the pre-fame years and all the personal relationships (family, kids, friends, lovers). This is impossible without a major MAJOR cleanup leaving just the most fundamental career highlights (and even then some major eras are bound to be neglected) and the most important personal moments. This would work much better as a TV series.

What's interesting is that there have been some amazing biographical movies that focus just on a specific brief moment in somebody's life and tell the whole story through that angle. For example "A Weekend with Marilyn" and the most recent Diana movie "Spencer". I don't think Madonna will take that route, but it would have been very interesting to just focus on the pre-fame days with some flash forwards to the most spectacular career highlights and controversies, as a way to show the stark contrast between the two worlds, and at the same time connect the different eras and show both progress and setbacks.

What worries me the most is that every successful biography has to show the main character as a multidimensional character with all their flaws and negative sides. I'm just not sure if Madonna will do that, portray herself in negative light at some points in her life? I am not sure if she can objectively portray herself as a fully developed character, and not just constantly praise herself  in a "me against the world" tale.

I'd love to see a movie portraying just a small part of her life, focusing on full character development.

Edited by androiduser (see edit history)

13 hours ago, androiduser said:

What worries me the most is that every successful biography has to show the main character as a multidimensional character with all their flaws and negative sides. I'm just not sure if Madonna will do that, portray herself in negative light at some points in her life? I am not sure if she can objectively portray herself as a fully developed character, and not just constantly praise herself  in a "me against the world" tale.

Her son David said the script already is "brutally honest and raw" (or something on these lines), so I think she will show us this side too. I honestly think we underrate her too much sometimes lol

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

Her son David said the script already is "brutally honest and raw" (or something on these lines), so I think she will show us this side too. I honestly think we underrate her too much sometimes lol

that sounds promising... although, it could be "brutally honest and raw" about the others in her life, the press, the media...

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic