The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

Okay, after a random 20 posts long argument and the usual depressing person saying Madonna's 40 years long activism is nonexistent just because, I think it's time to get back on topic :D

As AL era was kinds confirmed to be talked about in the movie, time ago, do you guys think she'll end the script with the Confessions Era? That would be so iconic 

And if I see someone saying "well, that's where her career ended anyway", I swear, Imma throw some hands today :Madonna026:

1 hour ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

I wasn't with it at first but I think Lola/ROL is the perfect place to end it. From Music onwards her career and legacy is much more centred around her age, ageism, provocation, politics, longterm motherhood etc.

I imagine if the film is a hit or at least gets a cult following there could be an eventual sequel (in a few decades maybe) that covers the rest of her career, death and posthumous legacy. I think it would be good to save the Music era onwards for that moment, especially as society is still very misogynistic and ageist and can't see how Madonna has single handedly revolutionised the way women can age.

See, i feel that the whole ageism misogynistic theme would make it more full circle, show how things haven't really changed. Or maybe ending with Malawi as a way to show the similarities between the AIDS crisis there and the AIDS crisis in the 80s here.

3 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

I wasn't with it at first but I think Lola/ROL is the perfect place to end it.

My same thought. I was ready to bet the film would end with the release or ROL / her becoming a mom, but as they confirmed they went even further with the script, I really can't figure exactly where the movie would be possibly ending... AL era is in apparently, maybe we can expect the VMAs kiss as well, but at this point the right end would be her coming back strong and acclaimed with Hung Up I guess? I really don't know :confused:

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

My same thought. I was ready to bet the film would end with the release or ROL / her becoming a mom, but as they confirmed they went even further with the script, I really can't figure exactly where the movie would be possibly ending... AL era is in apparently, maybe we can expect the VMAs kiss as well, but at this point the right end would be her coming back strong and acclaimed with Hung Up I guess? I really don't know :confused:

Really? Where was that mentioned? I'm so lost lol

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Really? Where was that mentioned? I'm so lost lol

52 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

in the livestream with Diablo from last year

Relly curious for a possible recreation of the 2003 VMAs Kiss btw, that's the most iconic thing happened in the era after her criticizing the USA with the lead single tbh 

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

Relly curious for a possible recreation of the 2003 VMAs Kiss btw, that's the most iconic thing happened in the era after her criticizing the USA with the lead single tbh 

I dont remember that just Evita but I'm glad its at least that far but im gonna assume it'll be more for her marriage as opposed to things in her career

50 minutes ago, Karma said:

According to the article, the role that every young actress wants right now is the lead in Madonna's biopic. Exciting!

Of course, this is going to be a very important film in regards to pop culture and music history and the actors/actresses who are cast will be part of that history.

Madonna Has Reportedly Auditioned Two Euphoria Actresses for Her Biopic

Euphoria may not be returning until 2024, but that gives its young, talented cast plenty of time to pursue other projects. According to the most recent rumors, there’s a good chance one Euphoria High School student may spend her summer break taking on the role of Madonna in the pop icon’s self-directed biopic. We’re just not sure which one. According to Jeff Sneider’s “Hollywood Transom” column in The Ankler, two members of the cast have now auditioned.

“Sources say that Euphoria stars Sydney Sweeney and Barbie Ferreira both auditioned for the plum part,” writes Sneider.

Online fan-casters had previously linked Sweeney to the part—after her performances in The White Lotus and Euphoria season 2, the Internet seems to be cheering for Sweeney to take on just about any role Hollywood has to offer right now.

Ferreira’s audition may come as a bit more of a surprise, but she seems to be friendly enough with Madonna’s daughter Lola to have taken a bathroom selfie with her at the last Met Gala.

The Euphoria duo, however, will have some competition. Sneider also confirms that Ozark Emmy winner Julia Garner has auditioned; she, too, has been on the top of the Internet’s wish list. The fact that her Ozark role has required her to keep her hair in a short, blonde ‘do reminiscent of the one Madge wore in her younger days helps. The report also claims that Florence Pugh was definitely in the running, but casts some speculation on whether or not that’s still in the cards (regardless, something tells us this won’t be the only role over the next few years for which Sweeney and Pugh are both in the running).

The Ankler, the Substack-based newsletter founded by entertainment columnist Richard Rushfield, has been beefing up its presence over the past few months. (Its staff now includes former Hollywood Reporter power editor Janice Min as its now editor in chief.) But there’s also reason to take all of this as simply a rumor: in his report, Sneider claims Madonna has co-written her biopic with Diablo Cody. According to Madonna’s own numerous Instagram updates on the project, Cody has long been replaced as co-writer by Erin Cressida Wilson.

Still, the fact that the lead role in the Madonna biopic may be among the hottest in Hollywood right now rings true.

There’s no news on other casting in this report or elsewhere, aside from the well-known fact that Julia Fox has discussed taking on the role of Madonna’s BFF Debi Mazar (a sort of “no-duh” casting situation, whatever your feelings on Fox may be).

The film’s casting agent will have their work cut out for them otherwise. Depending on what material ends up being covered in the film, there’s the possibility that production will have to find young actors who could convincingly play the other icons who have flitted in and out of Madonna’s life over the years. That character list could include Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Sean Penn, Warren Beatty, Rosie O’Donnell, Sandra Bernhard, Tony Ward, Tupac Shakur, Gwyneth Paltrow, both Gianni and Donatella Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Vanilla Ice, among others. It wouldn’t even be that surprising if fictional versions of everyone from Michael Jackson to Andy Warhol to David Letterman appeared in the film. This is Madonna’s life, after all.

In the interest of helping out this poor casting director, we have one free idea to throw out: fellow Euphoria costar Alexa Demie as Madonna’s ’90s BFF and rumored lover Ingrid Casares?

Source

14 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

Madonna Has Reportedly Auditioned Two Euphoria Actresses for Her Biopic

Euphoria may not be returning until 2024, but that gives its young, talented cast plenty of time to pursue other projects. According to the most recent rumors, there’s a good chance one Euphoria High School student may spend her summer break taking on the role of Madonna in the pop icon’s self-directed biopic. We’re just not sure which one. According to Jeff Sneider’s “Hollywood Transom” column in The Ankler, two members of the cast have now auditioned.

“Sources say that Euphoria stars Sydney Sweeney and Barbie Ferreira both auditioned for the plum part,” writes Sneider.

Online fan-casters had previously linked Sweeney to the part—after her performances in The White Lotus and Euphoria season 2, the Internet seems to be cheering for Sweeney to take on just about any role Hollywood has to offer right now.

Ferreira’s audition may come as a bit more of a surprise, but she seems to be friendly enough with Madonna’s daughter Lola to have taken a bathroom selfie with her at the last Met Gala.

The Euphoria duo, however, will have some competition. Sneider also confirms that Ozark Emmy winner Julia Garner has auditioned; she, too, has been on the top of the Internet’s wish list. The fact that her Ozark role has required her to keep her hair in a short, blonde ‘do reminiscent of the one Madge wore in her younger days helps. The report also claims that Florence Pugh was definitely in the running, but casts some speculation on whether or not that’s still in the cards (regardless, something tells us this won’t be the only role over the next few years for which Sweeney and Pugh are both in the running).

The Ankler, the Substack-based newsletter founded by entertainment columnist Richard Rushfield, has been beefing up its presence over the past few months. (Its staff now includes former Hollywood Reporter power editor Janice Min as its now editor in chief.) But there’s also reason to take all of this as simply a rumor: in his report, Sneider claims Madonna has co-written her biopic with Diablo Cody. According to Madonna’s own numerous Instagram updates on the project, Cody has long been replaced as co-writer by Erin Cressida Wilson.

Still, the fact that the lead role in the Madonna biopic may be among the hottest in Hollywood right now rings true.

There’s no news on other casting in this report or elsewhere, aside from the well-known fact that Julia Fox has discussed taking on the role of Madonna’s BFF Debi Mazar (a sort of “no-duh” casting situation, whatever your feelings on Fox may be).

The film’s casting agent will have their work cut out for them otherwise. Depending on what material ends up being covered in the film, there’s the possibility that production will have to find young actors who could convincingly play the other icons who have flitted in and out of Madonna’s life over the years. That character list could include Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Sean Penn, Warren Beatty, Rosie O’Donnell, Sandra Bernhard, Tony Ward, Tupac Shakur, Gwyneth Paltrow, both Gianni and Donatella Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Vanilla Ice, among others. It wouldn’t even be that surprising if fictional versions of everyone from Michael Jackson to Andy Warhol to David Letterman appeared in the film. This is Madonna’s life, after all.

In the interest of helping out this poor casting director, we have one free idea to throw out: fellow Euphoria costar Alexa Demie as Madonna’s ’90s BFF and rumored lover Ingrid Casares?

Source

Omg... googled Alexa Demie...Ingrid here we come?

54328685-0-image-a-48_1645123601908.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic