The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that more fans aren't commenting on the Elvis biopic in relation to M's upcoming one...
I think it's wise of her to not try and shoehorn in her entire life story till present, and instead cap it at the BAT.
One of the failings of the Elvis film was the zip-line approach to chunks of his life that didn't do his story justice.
Despite its failings, it was a hugely entertaining watch and a true cinema experience.
I bet the pressure has now heightened for M's film.

12 hours ago, Vasili said:

I'm surprised that more fans aren't commenting on the Elvis biopic in relation to M's upcoming one...
I think it's wise of her to not try and shoehorn in her entire life story till present, and instead cap it at the BAT.
One of the failings of the Elvis film was the zip-line approach to chunks of his life that didn't do his story justice.
Despite its failings, it was a hugely entertaining watch and a true cinema experience.

We shall wait and see. It's still only rumored and was even mentioned as a rumor in that Hollywood article. Reasons why I do not believe that is...she mentioned Evita with Diablo...when mentioning titles she mentioned What it Feels Like For a Girl and Nobody Knows me...and the ORIGINAL universal script prior to her involvement was titled Blond Ambition so unless her and Erin totally redid the script I am not believing it. Also how lame would it be for her to end it there? It seems so anti-Madonna to only talk about the 80s in regards to the story of her life especially since so many make digs at her saying she was only good in the 80s or a hasbeen from the 80s. I would also think she'd wanna show her major backlash in 92 since she's mentioned the troubles of being a woman in the industry and always mentions that period. I know alot of fans are hoping it ends with the ROL grammys but who knows. 

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

she mentioned during the live with Diablo about the britney kiss and possibly the american life era as well, i'd need to rewatch to confirm for sure though

Somebody mentioned that she mentioned AL but i do not recall her mentioning it at all during the live...it makes me wonder though...will the story be what's happened in her career or what's happened in her personal life during her career. I'm hoping we hear more on her birthday

We shall wait and see. It's still only rumored and was even mentioned as a rumor in that Hollywood article. Reasons why I do not believe that is...she mentioned Evita with Diablo...when mentioning titles she mentioned What it Feels Like For a Girl and Nobody Knows me...and the ORIGINAL universal script prior to her involvement was titled Blond Ambition so unless her and Erin totally redid the script I am not believing it. Also how lame would it be for her to end it there? It seems so anti-Madonna to only talk about the 80s in regards to the story of her life especially since so many make digs at her saying she was only good in the 80s or a hasbeen from the 80s. I would also think she'd wanna show her major backlash in 92 since she's mentioned the troubles of being a woman in the industry and always mentions that period. I know alot of fans are hoping it ends with the ROL grammys but who knows. 

I get your point but how lame would it also be to end it on a superficial awards win?
Besides, the Grammys are more irrelevant than ever this decade.
Ending it at BAT is a strong punctuation in that it illustrates how she became the female pop concert blueprint.
She did tease the possibility of a two or three-parter too.

17 hours ago, Vasili said:

I saw Elvis recently and visually it was absolutely stunning, Austin was great, the performance in Vegas and the ending were highlights. Now the negatives were that the film was riddled with misinformation regarding Elvis's early years, sanitizing Priscilla and making it seem like Elvis's life was shit after they divorced 100% of the time. The editing was obnoxious, Baz cant just transition from scene to scene without making it a circus and Tom Hanks as Parker was an oversimplified and annoying cartoon who made me want to throw up with his constant narration.

17 hours ago, Vasili said:

The only way I'd agree it should end at the Blond Ambition Tour is if the film begins during her childhood. If it begins around 1977 then I think Ray of Light would be a good endpoint. I know she mentioned wanting to include parts of her childhood but I figured it could be flashbacks. We know she has the script going as far as Evita in the original draft with Diablo since she confirmed it on Instagram Live. I hope the final draft includes Eroica and the Sex book. I feel like she would love to showcase the controversy and the media scrutiny she overcame at the height of her career.

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

I get your point but how lame would it also be to end it on a superficial awards win?
Ending it at BAT is a strong punctuation in that it illustrates how she became the female pop concert blueprint.

Oh i totally agree about the grammys. I think story wise its best to end on something malawai related and come full circle when it comes to her experience with AIDS in the 80s to AIDS in the more modern times.

2 hours ago, Vasili said:

Can you imagine a Madonna Biopic kinda Lord of The Rings style...part 1, 2 then 3. 

What what what? Sorry I missed a lot of this conversation and now I'm reading that the movie will stop at the Blond Ambition tour?

NO WAY, PLEASE!!! I think it would be such a mistake to cut it so early. I mean, the person as the public persona went through a lot during the 90s (the Sex scandal got not just the press but the public opinion against her and she got hurt that time, she said it in many occasions: her maternity and the search for a new balance in her life after that are the most interesting parts to be told for me). I'd be ok stopping the story with Ray of Light, I would understand that and, basically, the meaning points missing would just be her marriage disappointment and her Malawi commitment.

I agree about the Britney kiss, it's useless imo: the point is selecting the right episodes and perspective to create an interesting and authentic story-telling. I mean, I think that the Britney kiss is another occasion in wich she provoked with a sexual kind of innuendo: the two huge scandals of LAP and Sex, well told, would be enough about that.

I hope it's not a change connected with the substitution of Diablo as her co-writer, cause I'm sure she explicitely talked about Evita and Lola during a live Instagram chat with fans in 2020.

Bad news guys, alwaus bad news .... Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, stefo said:

What what what? Sorry I missed a lot of this conversation and now I'm reading that the movie will stop at the Blond Ambition tour?

NO WAY, PLEASE!!! I think it would be such a mistake to cut it so early. I mean, the person as the public persona went through a lot during the 90s (the Sex scandal got not just the press but the public opinion against her and she got hurt that time, she said it in many occasions: her maternity and the search for a new balance in her life after that are the most interesting parts to be told for me). I'd be ok stopping the story with Ray of Light, I would understand that and, basically, the meaning points missing would just be her marriage disappointment and her Malawi commitment.

I agree about the Britney kiss, it's useless imo: the point is selecting the right episodes and perspective to create an interesting and authentic story-telling. I mean, I think that the Britney kiss is another occasion in wich she provoked with a sexual kind of innuendo: the two huge scandals of LAP and Sex, well told, would be enough about that.

I hope it's not a change connected with the substitution of Diablo as her co-writer, cause I'm sure she explicitely talked about Evita and Lola during a live Instagram chat with fans in 2020.

Bad news guys, alwaus bad news .... Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

Don't get too mad...this was only mentioned as a rumor in the Hollywood article that first mentioned in the bootcamp in Feb this year. I really doubt her and Erin totally re-wrote the script. I really doubt with her reminiscing the way she has that she would only cover a decade of her life especially since so many more important things happened to her in the 90s and the 00s including becoming a mother.

I saw Elvis recently and visually it was absolutely stunning, Austin was great, the performance in Vegas and the ending were highlights. Now the negatives were that the film was riddled with misinformation regarding Elvis's early years, sanitizing Priscilla and making it seem like Elvis's life was shit after they divorced 100% of the time. The editing was obnoxious, Baz cant just transition from scene to scene without making it a circus and Tom Hanks as Parker was an oversimplified and annoying cartoon who made me want to throw up with his constant narration.

I agree re Tom’s portrayal. A ridiculous miscasting.
They just wanted his Oscar cred blessing.

27 minutes ago, Vasili said:

This makes a lot of sense too.

I know some people also mentioned the billboards woman of the year speech being a good way to end the film. In reality she could easily have the story end on one era then flash foward to a time skip in 2016 like how A Beautiful Mind did it. 

I would much more prefer for the movie to end with a career achievement (but not something as shallow as an award... maybe with a concert performance) because I think it would be better to focus the ending on Madonna the artist than something as sappy as charity work, it's not a Hallmark movie.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, Alpha said:
Pathetic!? Lol lemme guess...too Satanic?

Because parts of it were in poor taste, but mainly because she comes across as a victim (justly or not).

Besides, it was recent, so why recreate something that we can already stream in HD on YouTube?

Ending a film with a speech is very TV movie corny too.

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

Because parts of it were in poor taste, but mainly because she comes across as a victim (justly or not).
Besides, it was recent, so why recreate something that we can already stream in HD on YouTube?
Ending a film with a speech is very TV movie corny too.

...lol speaking the realities of being a woman in the industry is coming across as a victim? Uh alright lol lemme guess, she should just shut up and sing? Sorry daft answer. I am sure you wouldnt have a problem if she showed herself as a complete witch tho since it would be hOnEsT. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic