The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

Project is in stand by but not dead. Madonna herself talked about it on her recent VF interview.

However, Variety isn't the most reliable source on anything. Iirc they were the ones who went with the story that Avatar 2 needed to gross like $4B in order to be profitable, based on something that James Cameron “supposedly” said (which was easily debunked). So be careful: they may have learnt that the project is on hold until the tour is finished, and went with an exaggerated story about it

• RUADJAI unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Diablo Cody Has ‘Zero Regrets’ About Her Lost Madonna Movie: ‘It Didn’t Work Out For Purely Logistical Reasons’ – Exclusive

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/diablo-cody-zero-regrets-madonna-movie-exclusive/

For years, Hollywood had a Madonna movie in the works. Not just a biopic of the legendary artist, but one which Madonna herself would direct. It was in full development at Universal, with Julia Garner expected to play the singer, multiple reports of ‘Madonna bootcamp’ auditions taking place, and none other than Diablo Cody – the writer behind Juno, Jennifer’s Body, Tully and more – on script duties. But ultimately, it never came to be, with Madonna instead going on a world tour. While the biopic didn’t make it to the screen, Cody says she has “no regrets” over the time she spent working on the project, which saw her spend considerable time with the star.

Speaking to Empire in a major new career-spanning interview, Cody reflected on her experience of working with a music legend. “Nobody in this world gets to say that they spent this surreal summer of 2020 basically in lockdown with one of the biggest stars in the world, sharing stories and creating,” she says of the project. “I have zero regrets about that experience. It didn’t work out for purely logistical reasons. For me, to have an experience like that, especially as a woman who grew up when I did… I still have trouble comprehending it.”

Instead, Cody’s latest film is Lisa Frankenstein – an ‘80s-set horror-comedy starring Kathryn Newton, in which teenager Lisa forms a romantic connection with the revived corpse of a Victorian aristocrat.

Read Empire’s full interview with Diablo Cody, on sale Thursday 18 January. 

14 hours ago, Askeroff said:

Diablo Cody Has ‘Zero Regrets’ About Her Lost Madonna Movie: ‘It Didn’t Work Out For Purely Logistical Reasons’ – Exclusive

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/diablo-cody-zero-regrets-madonna-movie-exclusive/

For years, Hollywood had a Madonna movie in the works. Not just a biopic of the legendary artist, but one which Madonna herself would direct. It was in full development at Universal, with Julia Garner expected to play the singer, multiple reports of ‘Madonna bootcamp’ auditions taking place, and none other than Diablo Cody – the writer behind Juno, Jennifer’s Body, Tully and more – on script duties. But ultimately, it never came to be, with Madonna instead going on a world tour. While the biopic didn’t make it to the screen, Cody says she has “no regrets” over the time she spent working on the project, which saw her spend considerable time with the star.

Speaking to Empire in a major new career-spanning interview, Cody reflected on her experience of working with a music legend. “Nobody in this world gets to say that they spent this surreal summer of 2020 basically in lockdown with one of the biggest stars in the world, sharing stories and creating,” she says of the project. “I have zero regrets about that experience. It didn’t work out for purely logistical reasons. For me, to have an experience like that, especially as a woman who grew up when I did… I still have trouble comprehending it.”

Instead, Cody’s latest film is Lisa Frankenstein – an ‘80s-set horror-comedy starring Kathryn Newton, in which teenager Lisa forms a romantic connection with the revived corpse of a Victorian aristocrat.

Read Empire’s full interview with Diablo Cody, on sale Thursday 18 January. 

Diablo can now write an amazing book with all the inside stories and behind the curtains things she has learnt from M during the months she has spent writting the movie !!

11 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Diablo can now write an amazing book with all the inside stories and behind the curtains things she has learnt from M during the months she has spent writting the movie !!

Well let's see if M gives Diablo her ok to do it so...