The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I kind of want her to call it "Bitch I'm Madonna" with her using de-aging technology to play herself just for the meltdowns.

Blind items ans Crazy days and nights from which the screen cap comes from is a proven Trump supporting blog that has been exposed for writing BS by several publications. This is just a stretch from what Rosie said in that podcast (where shealso talks about therecording of This Used To Be My Playground BTW). It shows that these supposed insiders are not from Hollywood otherwise they'd Know that a regular movie script has many writers. 

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don't think that her directing the biopic is a good idea personally but there's no confirmation that Diablo has been fired yet so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

it will be skewed in a way, as long as nobody from the outside is allowed to give another perspective. i hope she’ll find the balance for the portrayal. 

No one has said anything about Diablo. How can they fire someone who isn't working with her anymore? I-

The script is done and under pre-production. If anything, Universal may want to add an extra writter to retouch some points, which is usual in cinema.

That may be the reason behind her patriarchy post: her original view is being challenged and now she's looking for someone to rewritte sone stuff. That's all.

Whoopie-de-doo.  :Madonna002::OML:

This is how major Hollywood movies are made. The writer you start with is rarely the writer you end with... let alone the process of re-writes and 'notes' from the studio.
Brace yourself, there are going to be lots of changes and people in-and-out of the process, period.

Projects of this size take years as well, so some folks need to stop complaining about the timeline. You're not getting it anytime soon...and to get it right, we probably shouldn't be.

How does she go from this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKSDWTXBo1v/

To firing the co-writer? By then the movie was written already right?

Makes no sense. By late january she was already writing with Cody since August 12 at least. That was her first post with her. IThey spent 5 months working on this. Only after all that time she would just give up on Cody's ideas? 

This is why Madonna having an actual team was good. There's no one for damage control and not allowing things to spread like this. 

Some movies have lots of writers that come and go and are re-written over and over. Writers are hired for the moment sometimes and then put aside. IDK why some people are acting like she's a fuck up in everything she does and impossible to work with, over what exactly? 

This isn't from Page Six, it's from Crazy Days and Nights, which is an even less reliable gossip blog. And even if it were true, isn't Diablo Cody a bit overrated? Besides all this, it's perfectly normal to revise and adjust scripts using different writers. There's nothing wrong with a different writer refining a script written by someone else. It really happens all the time.

Personally I'm still a bit bummed out over Madonna not wanting to have anything to do with Elyse Hollander's Blond Ambition screenplay, which was the top-ranked screenplay on the 2016 Black List, the annual list of the most-liked screenplays. If someone like David Fincher would have directed the biopic based on this screenplay it would have been stellar. Madonna directing the movie herself makes me a bit sceptic, but I'm open to being proven wrong. I hope Madonna can surprise us all.

46 minutes ago, Fontainebleau said:

Personally I'm still a bit bummed out over Madonna not wanting to have anything to do with Elyse Hollander's Blond Ambition screenplay, which was the top-ranked screenplay on the 2016 Black List, the annual list of the most-liked screenplays. 

Most of the Black List NEVER gets made. They're interesting scrips that nobody wants to produce (for various reasons).

Here it is, for anyone who wants to read it: http://freepdfhosting.com/6ed0fa0142.pdf

7 hours ago, Fontainebleau said:

Personally I'm still a bit bummed out over Madonna not wanting to have anything to do with Elyse Hollander's Blond Ambition screenplay, which was the top-ranked screenplay on the 2016 Black List, the annual list of the most-liked screenplays. If someone like David Fincher would have directed the biopic based on this screenplay it would have been stellar. Madonna directing the movie herself makes me a bit sceptic, but I'm open to being proven wrong. I hope Madonna can surprise us all.

Maybe, maaaaaaaaaaaybe because no one contacted her to do the screenplay, or did their research asking her about her own life before writing it? 

Biopics usually have the permission and involvement of the artists, if they're alive; or the family/friends/colleagues, if they're not.

This people ignored that and wrote a whole story about Madonna without Madonna's involvement, just based on other people's stories about Madonna's personal life. What the hell was that? Lol. Creepy at least, but it tells a lot about how women are treated on the entertainment industry. It was such a bad move by Universal, even if it a was a well written script!

Let's just hope we get some more news about this project in the coming weeks. This is the first time that she's looking at her own past with nostalgia, and we might be in for a treat.

Edited by alvaroliam (see edit history)

• Fighter changed the title to Biopic Discussion
  • RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic