The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

I couldn't find a thread for the biopic so I made one. With the recent instagram post showing post-it notes with bits of info on it, I feel like we need a place to discuss these things. I think instead of having a thread of black bars concealing spoilers we should just assume the whole thread has spoilers. So if you don't want to spoil yourself... you have been warned. 

zrtz.jpg

Unbenaret.jpg

Unbenangfdg.jpg

Unbentertert.jpg

Unbenrtzrtztr.jpg

Unbenazrtzrtz.jpg

Pictures above from @levon

Some things that stick out... Forgive me Madonna

R_______ Tennessee, Sean proposes to M

Wedding -Malibu Sean shouts at Paps

M __________________ Paula

Sean assaults Pap on street

Sean in L.A. prison, Talks with M

Backstage MSG, M and Sean argue, Sean punches ____________

MSG Stage

M models for photography class at New School 

Teacher is rude?

M plays ____________

M and Basquiat on stoop in Soho drinking beers out of paper bags and discussing art

Basquiat Loft

Party

Fab Five Freddy, Maripol Beastie Boys and local riff riff smoking weed ___________ music

M Basquiat alone in loft at night talking about the ___________ being _______________

M & Martin in their apartment, Martin is very sick, M takes care of him

Martin's bedside, weeks later. Martin is in pain, near death. M urges Martin to let go. 

M visits St. Vincent hospital _________ AIDS ward, speaks to nurse, Spends time with patients

Pat Leonard _____

Recording Studio, start to write Like a Prayer 

Flashback 

Seymour Stein Hospital Room

High School talent show

Montage of various first apartments in NY

M takes class at Martha Grahm

M returns home, Lays on bed, stares at post card, Frida Khalo speaks to her

M gets to hallway payphone to call dad

Flashback to Michigan 

M gets beat up??

No sympathy from dad??

M goes to party meets Dan Gilroy

Return to Bloomingdale's to buy Jelly Beans??

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled **Spoilers**
42 minutes ago, MADAME SEX said:

I'm really curious about the wedding scenes...... and how she will portray sean. Do y'all think she may reveal something "big" she hid to the public eye back in the day or never talked about ? (as the famous unconfirmed threat with the baseball bat?) 

judging from the post it notes... Sean is going to be portrayed pretty negatively in some parts. But I would assume enough time has passed that it will not matter. She's not out to get him, and he probably doesn't identify with the person he used to be. 

Even though she's been very outspoken about the AIDS epidemic, I was too young to really understand. Even with my idol talking about it alot, and my own uncle passing from it,  I don't think I ever grasped the gravity of the situation. It will be interesting to see how Madonna the human was affected by seeing her friends dying around her. 

3 hours ago, diegolcl said:

I wonder if Paula is in reality Christopher. :Madonna017:

I am very curious to see how M will portrait her life, given the many times she said things in a -mmm...- special way compared to known facts... 

I like that it will not be linear and it will use flashbacks, and I'm preparing myself to hear Candy Shop oppening the Blond Ambition, given she's not the most reliable source when it comes to certain thing that will for sure make the fans mad :Madonna049:

I agree, I almost feel like she should have at least ONE of us in the room at all times so she gets it right.  :smuglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, me1981 said:

Sounds like they are covering a lot of stuff. I wonder how much will be small and brief sequences and how much won't even make it to the film. I wonder what running time they have in mind and how many pages the script is?

Generally, I don't really comment a lot on this forum, but I wanted to discuss an idea with you all! I really have been  I have been pondering on this and really believe that I might have found a big clue with regards to this film.

I suspect that the colour of the post-it's represent the main life-changing moments in her life and the story switches from one time period to the next, linking all these scènes together thematically 

6 hours ago, me1981 said:

Sounds like they are covering a lot of stuff. I wonder how much will be small and brief sequences and how much won't even make it to the film. I wonder what running time they have in mind and how many pages the script is?

In October, she said the script was 133 pages. I think a series would be ideal. She has lived an eventful life and wants to cover a lot a lot of moments. After seeing these Post-it notes and hearing her talk about the film, I can see why she didn't want someone else telling her story. I skimmed the script that was written for the Universal biopic Blonde Ambition, and it was mainly a melodrama between her and Jellybean that ended with her telling him she had an abortion after her 1984 VMA performance. There is no mention of her friendships with Martin Burgoyne and Keith Haring. Jellybean's sister Debbie is in the script, but not Debi Mazar. No mention of her relationship with Basquiat either. 

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Luci nln said:

In October, she said the script was 133 pages. I think a series would be ideal. She has lived an eventful life and wants to cover a lot a lot of moments. After seeing these Post-it notes and hearing her talk about the film, I can see why she didn't want someone else telling her story. I skimmed the script that was written for the Universal biopic Blonde Ambition, and it was mainly a melodrama between her and Jellybean that ended with her telling him she had an abortion after her 1984 VMA performance. There is no mention of her friendships with Martin Burgoyne or Keith Haring. They mention Jellybean's sister Debbie, but not Debbie Mazar. No mention of her relationship with Basquiat either. 

Yes, there is really nothing that could really begin to describe how pop culture has been shaped around her. I can understand that she feels a bit tired now, because she has lived in a way that would require two lives for most people 

5 hours ago, Luci nln said:

In October, she said the script was 133 pages. I think a series would be ideal. She has lived an eventful life and wants to cover a lot a lot of moments. After seeing these Post-it notes and hearing her talk about the film, I can see why she didn't want someone else telling her story. I skimmed the script that was written for the Universal biopic Blonde Ambition, and it was mainly a melodrama between her and Jellybean that ended with her telling him she had an abortion after her 1984 VMA performance. There is no mention of her friendships with Martin Burgoyne and Keith Haring. Jellybean's sister Debbie is in the script, but not Debi Mazar. No mention of her relationship with Basquiat either. 

Wasn't there a post-it that said they had sex? 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Wasn't there a post-it that said they had sex? 

Yes, I mentioned in my previous post that there is a sex scene with Basquiat in M's script. The part I wrote about him not being mentioned was in reference to the Blonde Ambition script that was written by Elyse Hollander. That's the movie Universal wanted to make but M shut that down years ago. I was making a point that people who were important in her life aren't mentioned in that script, so it's good that she is telling her own story. You can read the Blonde Ambition script here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99OA3s2AACON0I4aUQwYko2RkU/view

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

From those post its, it seems to be going into a lot of detail about her earlier life and career. I was wondering how are they going to have time to go all the way up to Evita and Ray of Light. 
It’s interesting they are using flashbacks instead of a chronological format. That will set it apart from a standard bioipic and is more creative, but might make it harder for casual fans to follow. 

• Fighter changed the title to Biopic Discussion
  • RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic