The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

On 2/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, Luci nln said:

In October, she said the script was 133 pages. I think a series would be ideal. She has lived an eventful life and wants to cover a lot a lot of moments. After seeing these Post-it notes and hearing her talk about the film, I can see why she didn't want someone else telling her story. I skimmed the script that was written for the Universal biopic Blonde Ambition, and it was mainly a melodrama between her and Jellybean that ended with her telling him she had an abortion after her 1984 VMA performance. There is no mention of her friendships with Martin Burgoyne and Keith Haring. Jellybean's sister Debbie is in the script, but not Debi Mazar. No mention of her relationship with Basquiat either. 

Wow 133 pages. That is well over two hours, I assume there will be trims, though who knows. It honestly sounds like it will be a big production which I am all for. She needs a big budget to tell her story right

• 1 month later...

Yeah, someone mentioned she was working with another writer. That doesn't mean anyone got fired. Cody could still be responsible for anything from 1% to 99% of the final script. 

Also, the people who said it was insane to direct your own biopic need to shut it.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/03/steven-spielberg-to-write-direct-his-own-biopic.html

5 minutes ago, proxy said:

You will be telling a one of the most famous woman, who spend more than 40 years in show-business what is professional or not:04:

Thank you.

Also, it could be the most impressive biopic of all time. Chances are people are still going to bash it and not even give it a chance just because it's Madonna. Welcome to 1983.

5 hours ago, #BelieveVictims said:

Yeah, someone mentioned she was working with another writer. That doesn't mean anyone got fired. Cody could still be responsible for anything from 1% to 99% of the final script. 

Also, the people who said it was insane to direct your own biopic need to shut it.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/03/steven-spielberg-to-write-direct-his-own-biopic.html

Im not sure people said it was insane to direct your own biopic - i think it was very specific - its insane for Madonna (who doesnt have a good track record in film) to get involved in creating a film about her epic music career.  We need an epic director to do that.  I mean, you're comparing Madonna to Steven Spielberg?  Steven Spielberg? The man who made JAWS? Who has won oscar upon oscar for directing?  I completely support and agree with Steven directing his own biopic AND i would be just as excited if HE was chosen to direct Madonna's.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don't think that her directing the biopic is a good idea personally but there's no confirmation that Diablo has been fired yet so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Lol... unfortunately I can smell the floppness of this from now. I love M but lately everything she does ends up a flop. If only she’s not the director... ???

Totally,  she needs to step away ! God help the actress she's casts lol! I'm sure there will be several by the time the project is completes!

• Fighter changed the title to Biopic Discussion
  • RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic