The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

The first scene is about M starting to play the drums. Ed Girlroy gives her drumsticks. Performance at CGBG and montage of performances.

They perform a song Madonna wrote called SHIT ON THE GROUND.

"Safe neighborhood" is officially the first song we know of that is included in the soundtrack.

1 hour ago, Blond Ambition said:

First of all she does have some experience directing. Secondly, she has not confirmed if she is directing the movie, all we know is that the script is almost complete. I was reading some of your previous comments that have been posted and you seem like sore grapes all the time, who will write off anything she does now as shit just because its not set in your precious 80's and 90's. How about you lighten up and stay positive. Things are looking up for Madonna fans right now, we just had the Madame X Tour documentary which was much better than previous releases, we have the biopic on the way, better social media lately to keep her causing a stir, the 2022 reissues, Warner is back which will mean actual decent promotion for future projects and im hoping a new album to be released in 2023. With all that in the pipeline, its obvious she is getting back into working hard again and Im tired of all the bitching from some so-called fans.   

Zero f*cks about what you say BUT I'm fan, I collect stuff and I follow her since 16 years from now but I have a brain and not going to eat all the things she tries to do claiming that is her story blah blah blah, she's not a director, she did not studied for that, is like if she says that she is a doctor you are going to believe it just cuz is Madonna?, that's stupid. And hello, I did not born in the 80's lol. And yeah this Madame X Concert Film was amazing and I did not expect nothing from her, but the audio, at least the live audio the one that is on spotify, is bad cropped, so...

But if you want to keep praising whatever she does even if is good or not, keep on.

M posted some of the script yesterday. Some words I can't read but you get the gist of it.

20211020_001351.jpg.253d8e58e6d6d4d3bbc27c95693273e5.jpg

20211020_001709.jpg.e483a235019e07a3815e0142329763f1.jpg

Ed grabs a pair of drumsticks and hands them to Madonna. He nods as if to say: Let's see what you've got.

Madonna sits down at the drums. Dan straps on a guitar... follows suit, reluctantly.

ED

(under his breath)

Fucking pussy whipped...

DAN

What if I am?

Madonna raises the sticks, determined, as we...

CBGB - Night - 1979

Close-up of DRUMSTICKS hitting the SNARE, Madonna is drumming onstage at the legendary punk venue in her new signature pajamas. Dan and Ed SING and play guitar and bass respectively. The play a song Madonna wrote called SHIT ON THE GROUND.

The club is filthy. The walls are covered with graffiti and... band fliers. The crowd is rowdy

Montage: SCENES FROM VARIOUS GIGS

Madonna drags her BASS DRUMS and SNARE down a narrow aisle through an unhelpful crowd.

Madonna is on her knees, struggling to ... the pedal onto the BASS DRUM. She glances up at Ed for help. Ed ignores her.

Madonna playing drums again, dodges a FLYING BEER BOTTLE.

Madonna SHIVERS on the street as she loads the drums into the back of the van. Ed stops and ... her up.

MADONNA

What are you looking at...?

Int. Blonde Ambition Rehearsal, LA - Day - 1990

Overhead shot: We hear the finger snaps of Vogue as we look down on a taped-up black marley floor. Dancers Jose and Luis enter from right and left, voguing and walking to the... incoming base line. And then Carlton and Gabriel enter... the back, strutting as if they're in a fashion show.

Now, from up high, we find Madonna descending on.... picker, also posing with her arms above her head... intently looking down, studying the dancers every move... has her blonde hair in a pony tail, wearing black bicycle shorts, black rehearsal boots and headset mic.

She arrives on the floor and struts to the front as the remaining dancers enter. Together, they begin an elaborate dance in union - vigorous and sweaty. But Madonna... stops and yells out...

MADONNA

No, stop, stop, stop!

... continues dancing.

MADONNA

I said stop! This isn't right. Cut the music. I don't like the way you guys are entering the stage. It's too predictable. 

JOSE

What's predictable about it?

LUIS

how would you like us to CUM ... things?

MADONNA

you are royalty, you don't move, the stage moves for you.

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, vesalii said:

Zero f*cks about what you say BUT I'm fan, I collect stuff and I follow her since 16 years from now but I have a brain and not going to eat all the things she tries to do claiming that is her story blah blah blah, she's not a director, she did not studied for that, is like if she says that she is a doctor you are going to believe it just cuz is Madonna?, that's stupid. And hello, I did not born in the 80's lol. And yeah this Madame X Concert Film was amazing and I did not expect nothing from her, but the audio, at least the live audio the one that is on spotify, is bad cropped, so...

But if you want to keep praising whatever she does even if is good or not, keep on.

I dont praise everything anyone does including myself lol. I just dont believe in constant bitching before a project has even been released.

Why is everyone saying she won't direct the biopic, it's literally the 2nd paragraph of the press release lol

''Madonna will direct the project and is co-writing the script with Academy Award® winner Diablo Cody (Juno, Tully).  Three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Pascal (Little Women, The Post, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the Academy Award®-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), will produce for her Universal-based Pascal Pictures alongside Madonna.  Sara Zambreno and Guy Oseary will executive produce.''

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/universal-pictures-announces-film-based-on-the-untold-true-story-of-madonna

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

The first scene is about M starting to play the drums. Ed Girlroy gives her drumsticks. Performance at CGBG and montage of performances.

They perform a song Madonna wrote called SHIT ON THE GROUND.

"LITTLE BOY LOST" is officially the first song we know of that is included in the soundtrack.

Where does this news come from??? :hyper:

5 hours ago, vesalii said:

Lots of directors haven’t been to a directing school, but learned it through experience working on films. It’s totally different from being a doctor, where you are required to go to medical school to practice. 

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

I honestly hope the script will get from early years to Confessions, imagine that, the AL fiasco and backlash and the film ending with her coming back stronger than ever with Hung Up. Legendary 

I don't think the movie will go in details into her career in the sense of a documentary about her career, sure there will be a few lines about the American life backlash but nothing more, i believe if the movie covers the era from 2000 to 2006 they will more focus on her wedding, the birth of Rocco, the adoption of David etc... more on her private life with the big events of her career.

48 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't think the movie will go in details into her career in the sense of a documentary about her career, sure there will be a few lines about the American life backlash but nothing more, i believe if the movie covers the era from 2000 to 2006 they will more focus on her wedding, the birth of Rocco, the adoption of David etc... more on her private life with the big events of her career.

As someone who never saw movies like Bohemian Rapsody or Rocketman I honestly don't know how this movies work, i really thought they focused on career more than private life tbh. I get your point but I think an epic comeback like Hung up that took her on the top after 23 years and a major controversial move like AL, definitely would need a spot on the script, as grand finale for example idk tho

17 hours ago, Andreo said:

So we're getting a soundtrack :drama:

Imagine the song she will use to promote the film, months ago a source revealed she's putting all her effort and heart into it to also get that Oscar mom, we are definitely not ready :hyper:

Well, it's too early to talk about the soundtrack. The fact that it's an official biopic means that there won't be problems in getting the rights for the songs. For instance, in the "Genius" series about Aretha Franklin they didn't get the rights for the best songs, like Respect or Say a little prayer.

What we can say is that from the page that was shared, at this moment a pre-Madonna song is included and it's Shit on the ground, to emphasize the punk roots of Breakfast Club. We don't know if it's going to be released, who sings it. She might even change the scene or cut it in the editing room.

2 hours ago, Andreo said:

As someone who never saw movies like Bohemian Rapsody or Rocketman I honestly don't know how this movies work, i really thought they focused on career more than private life tbh. I get your point but I think an epic comeback like Hung up that took her on the top after 23 years and a major controversial move like AL, definitely would need a spot on the script, as grand finale for example idk tho

The public of those biopics wants to know about private life and hear some good music. Or maybe at least the struggle to be an artist, to get a record deal, to keep individuality. It's not a documentary on how a record was made.

Even in this scene we can clearly see that it's focused on Ed wanting Madonna to dress properly - this, he says, is the reason why a girl is hired in a band - and the tension between her and her boyfriend's brother is the center of attention. Gossip and patriarchy. Not the punk/rock interest of Dan Girloy and Madonna before she met Steve Bray and went into the dance direction.

This is how this should have been handled in order for it to be a success.

- Madonna writes the story together with a biographer. 
- That story is being given to an experienced script writer to be adapted.
- Madonna reviews the final draft and gives her notes. 
- A talented director is being chosen to direct the movie. 
- Madonna is a consultant and doesn’t make everyone’s life a living hell. 

5 hours ago, Andreo said:

Most biopics I’ve seen focus about equally on the public and private lives. 

3 hours ago, yeezuslovesmypussybest said:

I think its wise to end with Ray of Light. It also leaves enough good material for the eventual sequel that covers her 40s-60s and beyond.

The Music era, AL scandals, the Britney kiss, Hung Up/Confessions era, fitness journey, divorce, Super Bowl, Brahim drama, Brits fall, Drake kiss, Rocco drama, Lisbon, being hated by the world and everything that hasn't happened yet, could easily fill up another 2 hours.

I agree. If you include too many years, they will be rushing through things too quickly. 

1 hour ago, cake said:

i would love to see what went on behind the scenes during the Golden Age of MTV. Why isn't there a movie about MTV anyways?

There is a very good and entertaining book about the birth of MTV and its first decade - I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution. Great read. :)

What Are You Looking At? Is a fucking great title for the biopic but I think that must just be a chapter name for vogue section. 
but I actually do love it.

I don’t think we’ll get a new greatest hits. I think we’ll get a soundtrack to the film that will include new versions of the pre-Madonna songs (yassssss), and whatever songs are used throughout the film. I think some of these might end up being incidental music of her hits that Pat Leonard has worked on. 

I think a greatest hits might take the heat out of any of the forthcoming Special Edition projects. 
We are seemingly going to get the first of the special editions in 2022 well before the biopic which is likely to be 23/24.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic