The Biopic; Untitled  

RUADJAI

23 hours ago, cake said:

i would love to see what went on behind the scenes during the Golden Age of MTV. Why isn't there a movie about MTV anyways? Maybe too 80s.. And please no motherhood child stuff. Babies are boring.

Motherhood has played a major role in M's life from the loss of her own mother at a young age, her abortions, to desperately wanting to have a baby in the 90s (apparently she wanted Dennis Rodman, Jose Canseco, Peter Shue and Tupac to father her child). M has talked about having abortions, but she hasn't specified with whom she was pregnant by other than the fathers of her children. The Hollywood script she shut down a few years ago included her aborting Jellybean's baby. According to some sources Andy Bird, Tony Ward, and Basquiat also got her pregnant. I don't think it's necessary for her to include having an abortion in the film, but if she decides to then that's her prerogative.

I do think the birth of Lourdes should be included or at least news of her pregnancy. Ray of Light would be a good ending point for the film. That was like her rebirth so if the film goes to at least 1998, you can't leave out her firstborn. Going farther than that would be cramming too much in a 2 hour movie.

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

What Are You Looking At? Is a fucking great title for the biopic but I think that must just be a chapter name for vogue section. 
but I actually do love it.

How coincidental that I'm working on getting a custom neon sign made for my loft that has this quote as a subtle nod to M. What are the odds

I  thought in the writing sessions she said or it was written that doing Evita was the end. So maybe having lola too.

There would be soo much gossip and news in the sequel with the marriage, divorce, falling out with Chris,  the adoption 'kidnappings' begging ABBA, the horse disaster up to the superbowl, her younger boyfs using her, through to Lisbon getting older and her dancing for all those years catching up on her. If shes that honest she might throw in her girlfiends too. 

13 hours ago, Enrico said:

Well, it's too early to talk about the soundtrack. The fact that it's an official biopic means that there won't be problems in getting the rights for the songs. For instance, in the "Genius" series about Aretha Franklin they didn't get the rights for the best songs, like Respect or Say a little prayer.

What we can say is that from the page that was shared, at this moment a pre-Madonna song is included and it's Little Boy Lost / Shit on the ground, to emphasize the punk roots of Breakfast Club. We don't know if it's going to be released, who sings it. She might even change the scene or cut it in the editing room.

But Little boy lost and Shit on the ground are two different songs. Maybe i have missed something but i just see Shit on the ground being mentionned, i didn't see Little boy lost being mentionned.

46 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

But Little boy lost and Shit on the ground are two different songs. Maybe i have missed something but i just see Shit on the ground being mentionned, i didn't see Little boy lost being mentionned.

You're right, my mistake. I corrected my post. The second title used for the song is Safe neighborhood.

8 hours ago, steady75 said:

I don’t think we’ll get a new greatest hits. I think we’ll get a soundtrack to the film that will include new versions of the pre-Madonna songs (yassssss), and whatever songs are used throughout the film. I think some of these might end up being incidental music of her hits that Pat Leonard has worked on. 

I think a greatest hits might take the heat out of any of the forthcoming Special Edition projects. 
We are seemingly going to get the first of the special editions in 2022 well before the biopic which is likely to be 23/24.

I still think it's possible we get one, and I hope so, I think a definitive well made (unlike celebration) collection including the most recent songs is absolutely needed

They would just make profit of it without stealing attention from the remasters imo, as hits compilation are targeted for a wider audience, the general public mostly, while remasters and unreleaseds mostly are made for fans and collectors. Anyways, I'd love if and still have hope, it would make total sense with the hype, as a separate project but coinciding with the movie release, just my two cents lol

I would like not too much 60's, 70's pre-Madonna stuff.
I want the famous Madonna, what she meant to the world and people, and the industry: Blond Ambition, Erotica, Britneys, Confessions etc. 

Let documentaries, and cheap tv movies cover the first years if they want, because we heard about the 30 $ on her pocket like 30304059302029 times. 

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

I still think it's possible we get one, and I hope so, I think a definitive well made (unlike celebration) collection including the most recent songs is absolutely needed

They would just make profit of it without stealing attention from the remasters imo, as hits compilation are targeted for a wider audience, the general public mostly, while remasters and unreleaseds mostly are made for fans and collectors. Anyways, I'd love if and still have hope, it would make total sense with the hype, as a separate project but coinciding with the movie release, just my two cents lol

I think they’ll do what was done for Elton John and Queen. There will be the movie soundtrack and then there will be a bunch of Anthology albums with hits rarities and live performances.

Also I’m sure whatever is released it will stop at Hard Candy since Warner doesn’t have the rights for the other albums until 2025.

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Honestly I don’t need it to go any further than Ray Of alight for the movie. I think the rest can be covered in a few years time in a Netflix documentary or bio series. There’s so much to cover.

The REAL The Crown is coming . 

That's exactly what I said and was thinking. The movie should start with her arriving in NYC in 1978 and end at Ray of Light around her Grammy wins in 1999. After the success of the film (think positive y'all) later down the road she can approve of a series that covers her childhood up to Confessions or present day.

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think they’ll do what was done for Elton John and Queen. There will be the movie soundtrack and then there will be a bunch of Anthology albums with hits rarities and live performances.

Also I’m sure whatever is released it will stop at Hard Candy since Warner doesn’t have the rights for the other albums until 2025.

Agreed. It'd be really poetic for the Visual Autobiography Modern Art Installation to lead up to the precipice of Madonna's career...we see a shot of her from behind...she's got laced up thigh highs...she pulls up a hoodie...we get a flash of blonde hair...she walks towards a door with a flashing light -- "Recording in progress"...the camera pans to a sign saying "Today's recording schedule: Madonna and Pharrell" that flashes against a side profile view of her as a soft smile appears...she takes a deep breath, composes herself, and pushes open the door as the camera fades to black...credits roll and "Say what flavor you like and I'll have it for you" starts playing. /endmovie

23 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Agreed. It'd be really poetic for the Visual Autobiography Modern Art Installation to lead up to the precipice of Madonna's career...we see a shot of her from behind...she's got laced up thigh highs...she pulls up a hoodie...we get a flash of blonde hair...she walks towards a door with a flashing light -- "Recording in progress"...the camera pans to a sign saying "Today's recording schedule: Madonna and Pharrell" that flashes against a side profile view of her as a soft smile appears...she takes a deep breath, composes herself, and pushes open the door as the camera fades to black...credits roll and "Say what flavor you like and I'll have it for you" starts playing. /endmovie

I mean TBH, if Candy Shop isn't included in the film somehow I'm not going to believe it is authentic. 

43 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I wish this was real :Madonna041:

Who cares of Blonde Ambition? We only want to see MaDolla :Madonna041:

19 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

i seriously can't with the fact it's gonna be a movie, even if it's 2 hours long. With Madonna's life and career they need at least 4 hours or a season of 8×40 min... i don't want this to be left out or that to be cut, i don't want it to end with ROL or with Confessions, i want it ALL until Malik. 

But you’re judging from an active fan perspective. A project like this is developed for a general audience. So it will focus just on what’s appealing to everyone, even people that hate her or don’t know anything about her. 
And that’s the period up until Ray Of Light. 

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

I wish this was real :Madonna041:

Who cares of Blonde Ambition? We only want to see MaDolla :Madonna041:

Nothing would make me happier as a fan than if the Visual Autobiography Modern Art Installation Projection opened with the Interscope years. What a lovely time to be a Madonna fan.

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Nothing would make me happier as a fan than if the Visual Autobiography Modern Art Installation Projection opened with the Interscope years. What a lovely time to be a Madonna fan.

This. They must include MDNA, turn up the radio, her discovering Instagram and snapchat filters and the Rebel Heart fall on stage, ending with her at Eurovision. Really, who cares about the 80s when we have MDNA, Rebel Heart and the twins spam videos in the 10s? Absurd! 

6 hours ago, Andreo said:

This. They must include MDNA, turn up the radio, her discovering Instagram and snapchat filters and the Rebel Heart fall on stage, ending with her at Eurovision. Really, who cares about the 80s when we have MDNA, Rebel Heart and the twins spam videos in the 10s? Absurd! 

Who’s gonna play the twins?

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Biopic; Untitled  
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic