My Madame X Tour (Funny) Story

Raio_05

18 minutes ago, emanon said:

Que história fixe! :-) What a  great story it is !

Tell your friend to tell guy to tell madonna to release the dvd asap...better, yesterday :-P

I have Madonna's manager email... I could just write an email :lol:

But I won't because I want free tickets for the next tour :Madonna005:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 3:33 PM, Dito said:

I just realized I've never told this story here!

So last year during the Lisbon leg of the MXT tour, I bought 2 tickets for the weekend shows of January 18/19 with my group of Madonna friends, but the Sunday 19 show got canceled 3h before (and just as I was leaving my house...). We were all devastated, especially me as I was the only one in my group who had bought tickets for 2 shows instead of 3 (they were pricey!), so now I would only see 1 show instead of 2. ?

Cue Monday the 20th and I get a text from a portuguese friend who lives in the USA, saying he was in town for the Tuesday show and wanted to have dinner, I said of course. This friend in particular has some connections in the showbiz world and was telling me he had met Guy while visiting a local palace that day with his wife. Lisbon's social life/circle is pretty small so if you're a native like me, word and connections eventually get around - dinner time comes along and as I was leaving the house to meet him, he says dinner is canceled as Guy had given him Sara's email (Madonna's co-manager) for a free ticket. Guy is usually pretty chill with some fans so my friend then shared it with me because he knew I had my second show canceled. I went straight away to the Coliseu after emailing Sara asking for a ticket and just waited there for 1h30 until approximately 9h30pm, after my friend had already gone inside. 3h had passed and the doors would close at 10pm, so I just thought "ok she's busy and didn't see my email in time", so just took the train back home.

Then, all of a sudden, she replies to the email saying she had a spare ticket in the FRONT ROW of the back section of the floor (the 300€ ones!) under my name on the reception desk and to hurry up because the doors would be closing in 20 minutes. I kid you not, the next 20 minutes were the most stressful of my life - I was already very far away from the Coliseu AND inside a train with just 5% on my phone battery! I immediately got out on the next station and ordered an Uber which took like FOREVER to arrive. Seconds felt like minutes :cryin: then it finally arrived and the whole drive there I kept saying to the poor driver "FASTEEERR!". I also realized for the first time in my life that Lisbon has a LOT of red lights which was really annoying. Or maybe it's hindsight bias. Anyway, I finally get dropped off at the end of the Coliseu street with just 2 minutes until closing time and I. RAN. FOR. MY. LIFE. Keep in mind I still had to go grab the ticket at the reception desk under my name.

After running like a bitch and telling my asthma not today, I arrived literally 30 seconds before the doors closed. I go to the desk, grab the ticket and meet my friend inside. Needless to say it was incredible and my seat was even better! The first show I was on the lateral balconies and my view had been a bit limited, but now I was in full frontal view of the stage and much, much closer.

The funniest and strangest thing about this whole story, though? On Monday night, the day before all this happened, I ordered Chinese food off UberEats and a Fortune Cookie that came along with it had a paper inside that said "Tomorrow you can open an important door". I took a pic and jokingly sent it to another friend who's also a fan, saying "I wonder what door it will be!"

He replied "Wouldn't it be funny if it's the Coliseu door? haha"...

sri2y5pm6sf51.jpg

143061562-188273473052360-37964952916557

Since the ticket was "Friends & Family", I ended up framing it with the fortune cookie paper, so I can tell the story when someone comes over, lol 

You can also check the email here

Only just read this and it gave me anxiety reading it. That's like a bad dream where you wake up just before you make it through the door. Great ending though