Material Girl video available in HD!

proxy

30 minutes ago, me1981 said:

I'd say this is the tape master upscaled and looks like it and looks good for what it is. I seriously doubt we will get film negative 4K releases, because I am convinced the original videos were edited to tape and I doubt they will go back to the film source and re-edit it. 

Indeed, this is a polished and upscaled tape master. Looks good for what it is, definitely better than nothing and an upgrade from previous sources.

Sadly, that's what we have to accept of M's team, it's been years this way and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Clark_Kent said:

Indeed, this is a polished and upscaled tape master. Looks good for what it is, definitely better than nothing and an upgrade from previous sources.

Sadly, that's what we have to accept of M's team, it's been years this way and I don't think it will change anytime soon.

Yeah I think Celebration (Greatest Hits) should have been a big sign that the word effort isn't in their vocabulary. That release could have and should have been a gold standard for the time. 

We shouldn’t expect anything “professional” at this time. Film scans won’t happen till she passses, sadly. It’ll take a team effort funded through the estate to find all those reels, catalog them, then scan them.

Whoever is responsible for these uploads, intern or Warner, clearly can’t be arsed to put in all that effort. 

5 minutes ago, me1981 said:

Yeah I think Celebration (Greatest Hits) should have been a big sign that the word effort isn't in their vocabulary. That release could have and should have been a gold standard for the time. 

Yes, it was definitely a sign of just releasing things as they are and that's it.  In the end, we are talking of the same  team that never bothered to upload the HD version of confessions tour on the itunes store.

On the other side, reconstructing the videos from scratch is highly expensive, is she really that profitable at this time to justify the budget?

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

We shouldn’t expect anything “professional” at this time. Film scans won’t happen till she passses, sadly. It’ll take a team effort funded through the estate to find all those reels, catalog them, then scan them.

Whoever is responsible for these uploads, intern or Warner, clearly can’t be arsed to put in all that effort. 

Definitely, she doesn't even know were are her tours film masters, imagine searching for the films of ALL of her videos... Won't happen anytime soon, nobody is gonna bother.

Still better to have official ones.... The way they do it does not make any sense

They should release the maxi-single + some exclusive that were promo vinyl only with the HD video

We got JML maxi but no HD video, now out of nowhere we got Material Girl HD

Hung Up and Jump, why not Sorry? ...

Why they don't do polls like:

• Like A Prayer or Express Yourself
  • Bad Girl or Rain
  • Bedtime Story or Human Nature
  • And start again from Madonna to MDNA

They could also update the making for instance....

6 minutes ago, CYSMM said:

Still better to have official ones.... The way they do it does not make any sense

They should release the maxi-single + some exclusive that were promo vinyl only with the HD video

• Bad Girl or Rain

There's no "Material Girl" maxi... the only remix, the "Extended Dance Remix" is already available digitally on the "Like A Virgin" album.

But yeah, the "Justify My Love" HD video was announced and never uploaded (yet). I guess there was some issue with it, the original video was deleted and then brought back.

Just now, Prayer said:

There's no "Material Girl" maxi... the only remix, the "Extended Dance Remix" is already available digitally on the "Like A Virgin" album.

But yeah, the "Justify My Love" HD video was announced and never uploaded (yet). I guess there was some issue with it, the original video was deleted and then brought back.

Yes, I mean in the case of old songs; no maxi, but at least release stuff in a consistent manner...

I have not watched the Material Girl video in at least 7-8 years. How cute! The remastering looks fantastic. THIS is why you do this -- it reminds people of how great she is and they re-watch or re-listen. I hope this continues. 

This video was on TV every thirty minutes it seemed in the 80's. It's sad that it only has 66 million views. If this had been streaming in the 80's, we'd be over a billion views by now, so this is a start ... 

1 hour ago, CYSMM said:

• Bad Girl or Rain

I agree with you, it seems random. They should have paired the HD release of Material Girl with the digital single with the remixes/instrumentals/edits available. 

And maybe a limited edition Material Girl picture disc (pre-order through her store, so they only print what is pre-ordered) - Marilyn Manson and Metallica do this for their fans. 

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.com/products/gods-gonna-cut-you-down-limited-edition-picture-disc

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.com/collections/marilyn-manson/products/marilyn-manson-we-are-chaos-astral-vampire-picturedisc

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.com/collections/marilyn-manson/products/marilyn-manson-we-are-chaos-snot-eye-picturedisc

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.com/collections/marilyn-manson/products/marilyn-manson-we-are-chaos-infinite-darkness-picturedisc

We'd all buy it up! 

They could even commission some Kygo remix to give it new energy. How simple and fun is that? Do one a month or every few months, but do it well. 

3 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

Yes, it was definitely a sign of just releasing things as they are and that's it.  In the end, we are talking of the same  team that never bothered to upload the HD version of confessions tour on the itunes store.

On the other side, reconstructing the videos from scratch is highly expensive, is she really that profitable at this time to justify the budget?

Yeah it is expensive and time consuming which is why it won't happen or might only happen for select showcase type videos like Bedtime Story or maybe her David Fincher videos, if we are lucky.

I honestly never expected them to go that far anyway and can appreciate why they wouldn't, but celebration was lazy in so many ways, which is what makes it so disappointing.

In terms of her profitability - well I think most fans feel she has damaged her legacy somewhat and neglected it for too long that she probably isn't bringing in the money should could have been at this point. Maybe the biopic will restore that if it is a decent and well recieved film. Though if Madonna is still directing and since she co-wrote it, I feel critics are going to give her a hard time if it isn't flawless which could lead to it doing more bad than good. All my bits are crossed for that project though.

Of all of them.. did we ever think it would be Madonna who’s legacy was so abandoned? The way her content used to handled back in the day and now this? Honestly it’s baffling to me. 
A consistent pioneer of new formats and now... pfft. It’s so bargain basement all the time. The quality of her brand has just festered and dipped for multiple years now. I can tell she still cares but her team are beyond help. Sack them all. Drain the swamp.