Material Girl video available in HD!

proxy

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Of all of them.. did we ever think it would be Madonna who’s legacy was so abandoned? The way her content used to handled back in the day and now this? Honestly it’s baffling to me. 
A consistent pioneer of new formats and now... pfft. It’s so bargain basement all the time. The quality of her brand has just festered and dipped for multiple years now. I can tell she still cares but her team are beyond help. Sack them all. Drain the swamp. 

I think it still doesn't fully reflect on her prices , both ticket and physical products where she's still commanding top prices and thing is people still go to her concerts and buy whatever few CDs et al they find. 

I'd hate to be an artist with all the number ones ( like *cough* others) and no quorum even with cheapass tickets when it comes to concerts for example ?

I'd say it's more the perception that she's over and that all of her power's gone (according to the infinite wisdom of the interwebz)  or that she's not on twitter memes enough , ergo, she's basically a nobody 

There's a lot to be done yes, specially with that helium commodity that's Spotify that became important for numbers of streams that don't really pay much in real life and such , but come on , bargain basement? 

But yeah I agree she has to fire like 90% of her useless team 

Am I to list the amount of shoddy official products on the market since 2009? Not to mention the output control measures. 

bad edits, pops, crackles

poor mastering

poor vocal recordings 

scanned vinyl covers

low res dvds 

streaming irrelevancy 

Stunted / lacking promo 

anniversaries that amount to a tweet/candle/playlist 

late concert times / poor set lists / high prices 

cheap ass remixes 

3 singles per campaign

Damaging tributes / public performances 

Social media tone deaf blunders

10 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Well how the hell are you expecting this to look?

I guess people were expecting it to look like an HD video, since that's what was advertised...

10 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

It looks great.

It doesn't. It looks like an amateur upscale. It's better than what was available before, which isn't hard, but "Great" ? 

THIS looks great. THIS is how a proper remaster should look like. It's A-ha's team/record company can release such a product, why can't Madonna's?

3 hours ago, DanK said:

I guess people were expecting it to look like an HD video, since that's what was advertised...

It doesn't. It looks like an amateur upscale. It's better than what was available before, which isn't hard, but "Great" ? 

THIS looks great. THIS is how a proper remaster should look like. It's A-ha's team/record company can release such a product, why can't Madonna's?

but this one's 4K, we might get 4K in what 20 years? :cry:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I'm not that impressed by this upscale to be honest. I really don't want to complain at all, but it could have been done by anyone, and it's such a shame that no one seems to want to use the original film negatives instead. Her videos deserve a lot more.

I've felt quite embarrassed watching the HD remastering of Material Girl MV...

Without belittling the work of some forum geniuses, Material Girl MV now looks like a mere upscale or HD interpretation... but VERY POORLY DONE.

Boost color, film grain completely gone and ridiculous moments like this:

Nova Imagem de Bitmap.jpg

This is what I need as a fucking fan, my Gosh... and this is what normal people need on their HD/Full HD/4K monitors/televisions:

People saying "it's ok...", "Better than expected..."
Come on!!!
"Don't go for second best" told her song.

Why do we have to settle for this shit and say it's okay publicly for the benefit of Madonna's ego and/or her team?

No, it is NOT okay.

Where there's a will there's a way

Period

11 hours ago, steady75 said:

Am I to list the amount of shoddy official products on the market since 2009? Not to mention the output control measures. 

bad edits, pops, crackles

poor mastering

poor vocal recordings 

scanned vinyl covers

low res dvds 

streaming irrelevancy 

Stunted / lacking promo 

anniversaries that amount to a tweet/candle/playlist 

late concert times / poor set lists / high prices 

cheap ass remixes 

3 singles per campaign

Damaging tributes / public performances 

Social media tone deaf blunders

@steady75 the album version of Express Yourself on Amazon Prime Music has been replaced by an 8 minute remix on the Like A Prayer album forever. I've sent them Tweets etc but it seems to be stuck that way! So frustrating, I love the original version so much and its just not on streaming. 

Also cheap ass remixes may change with the next album as the gentleman who handled her cheap ass remixes has passed away. 

22 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Also cheap ass remixes may change with the next album as the gentleman who handled her cheap ass remixes has passed away. 

Some of you are a little bit too much sometimes, to be honest. What's the need of this?

Orlando Puerta was a dance music legend and a key figure in putting together all those Madonna maxis we loved and danced to, especially the sets for the singles of "Music", "American Life" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor".

orlando-puerta.jpg

His work with the "Madame X" remixes was good too, in my opinion.

Back to the remastered videos, we all know it's not a proper 4K remaster from the original film reels, thank you very much. No one is saying it is or it looks like one.

But I'm sure even if it was some of you would be complaining that some frames are different (cause it would need re-editing and it wouldn't be 100% the same as the original video), they ruined the video, etc. etc.

Yes, "Celebration" was a disaster. Yes, her digital catalogue is quite messy. Yes, these video remasters could be better in some cases. In others like "Hung Up" they already are perfect, by the way. Her team/Warner/Rhino are not perfect but also not the worst always. But it seems they can't never win and she can't never win with some people, anyway.

15 hours ago, captainjay said:

I have not watched the Material Girl video in at least 7-8 years. How cute! The remastering looks fantastic. THIS is why you do this -- it reminds people of how great she is and they re-watch or re-listen. I hope this continues. 

This video was on TV every thirty minutes it seemed in the 80's. It's sad that it only has 66 million views. If this had been streaming in the 80's, we'd be over a billion views by now, so this is a start ... 

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think Material Girl video was missing for ages on her official Youtube, and they uploaded it only 3 years ago? That explains the low views for a classic track like this one...

10 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think Material Girl video was missing for ages on her official Youtube, and they uploaded it only 3 years ago? That explains the low views for a classic track like this one...

You right, last year it gained 24 millions views.

18 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Some 80s videos were duplicated or only available on Warner's YouTube: "Burning Up" and "Lucky Star" definitely. I don't remember exactly about "Material Girl", but it's possible. It was the "Madonna" and "Like A Virgin" videos, mostly.

No idea why!

Sometime in 2018? 2019? All videos were only part of Madonna's official YouTube.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Some of you are a little bit too much sometimes, to be honest. What's the need of this?

Orlando Puerta was a dance music legend and a key figure in putting together all those Madonna maxis we loved and danced to, especially the sets for the singles of "Music", "American Life" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor".

orlando-puerta.jpg

His work with the "Madame X" remixes was good too, in my opinion.

Back to the remastered videos, we all know it's not a proper 4K remaster from the original film reels, thank you very much. No one is saying it is or it looks like one.

But I'm sure even if it was some of you would be complaining that some frames are different (cause it would need re-editing and it wouldn't be 100% the same as the original video), they ruined the video, etc. etc.

Yes, "Celebration" was a disaster. Yes, her digital catalogue is quite messy. Yes, these video remasters could be better in some cases. In others like "Hung Up" they already are perfect, by the way. Her team/Warner/Rhino are not perfect but also not the worst always. But it seems they can't never win and she can't never win with some people, anyway.

They can never win if they keep doing the bare minimum badly. I will be the first one to acknowledge (and stream, buy, etc)  a product in which the  treatment is as good as the content.

Madonna for 20, 25 years was the name of good quality not only with the music itself but the product. We fans will never take anything less than that and be happy. Let that acceptance for fans of people with careers that ended in the 80's... oh wait, even those have a better digital treatment and legacy work. :Madonna033:

8 hours ago, DanK said:

I think it comes down to money. It was easier for A ha's team/ label (which was also Warner) to shell out some cash to do the 4K remaster because it's their most known song and video. Whereas Madonna has over 50 known songs/videos from 1983-2008 alone. So it's probably more costly to remaster all those videos from the ground up. The least they could do is 4K remaster the biggies (Lucky Star, Like a Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish, Vogue, Ray of Light, Hung Up to name a few) and then upscale the rest for now and call those ones an upscale and not a remaster. I mean Eurythmics did that hybrid updating with their videos.