How to avoid copyrights on YT?

Holy Water 94

Hi, i've made very long video for Madonna's career but the problem is that is getting blocked everytime when i try to publish it, but i am seeing the same videos already posted there without any problem, i am asking if someone knows how to post material without having issues with that. Ou btw It's a video of Madonna's best live vocals since 1982 (first live performance of Everybody) until 2020 (Madame Tour). I tried to change the pitch but is still the same thing. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, wonderboy said:

they used to remove the audio track, but now my videos are active with sound, they sent me an email saying no copyright claim will be made, but they are going to put ad's on my clips. I would think its the same for you? are you in the US?

No I am in Europe, from Serbia to be more specific. Well i am okay with ad's as long as I can share my work there, i can't make any money from it anyway, that is not my intention but they are strict now

3 minutes ago, Holy Water 94 said:

No I am in Europe, from Serbia to be more specific. Well i am okay with ad's as long as I can share my work there, i can't make any money from it anyway, that is not my intention but they are strict now

thats prob why, sorry hun. If you want to send the raw file to me via mega or wetransfer, I can upload it to my channel for you if you want

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

can't you claim fair use and say you arnt claiming ownership of the copyrighted materials and that they belong to their respective parties?

Well i don't get any option, video is including like so many live performances and most of them are not blocked worldwide but Confessions Tour is totally blocked, and I am seeing people posting the exact same material and nothing... so rude

1 hour ago, wonderboy said:

thats prob why, sorry hun. If you want to send the raw file to me via mega or wetransfer, I can upload it to my channel for you if you want

Hmmm well that's a good idea, but is so long like over an hour lol, i will see what i can do and when i am done i'll send it to you, do you use instagram maybe? I am not online here often that is why i am asking that.

23 minutes ago, Holy Water 94 said:

Well i don't get any option, video is including like so many live performances and most of them are not blocked worldwide but Confessions Tour is totally blocked, and I am seeing people posting the exact same material and nothing... so rude

you cant communicate with youtube? did you state in the description that you dont own the rights and that they belong to so-and-so?

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

you cant communicate with youtube? did you state in the description that you dont own the rights and that they belong to so-and-so?

Well i did not but i guess is useless? I think the main problem is the location that I am uploading it from. I will try everything cus I want people to see this, I worked very hard and I hope there is some way to put it out there without problems. Finger crossed, wish me luck haha. ??

45 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Can you upload anything you want as long as it’s set to private? 

No. While millions get away with it, we know uploading copyrighted material is illegal unless a person has broadcasting rights or permission from the artist, writer, publishing company etc.

Naughty naughty naughty... now where is the public domain download section?

8 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

No. While millions get away with it, we know uploading copyrighted material is illegal unless a person has broadcasting rights or permission from the artist, writer, publishing company etc.

Naughty naughty naughty... now where is the public domain download section?

I believe the BAT is now public domain right? :thinker::lol::silly:

Try having less than 15 seconds of each video at a time, that can often do the trick as it is less likely to be picked up. Copyright infringement is actually picked up by computer not an actual person, it just recognizes clips that it’s familiar with so any video that’s on any official channels will definitely be recognized and blocked. If you edit it in a way where it only shows 15 or less seconds it likely won’t flag it. Of course some countries are more strict, sometimes videos get blocked in only select countries.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Try having less than 15 seconds of each video at a time, that can often do the trick as it is less likely to be picked up. Copyright infringement is actually picked up by computer not an actual person, it just recognizes clips that it’s familiar with so any video that’s on any official channels will definitely be recognized and blocked. If you edit it in a way where it only shows 15 or less seconds it won’t flag it.

You are Right. Til a person gets flagged enough then the hammer comes down lol

29 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

However in most cases the copyright holder allows permission providing it is not monetized and they get the money for every play. All those plays for videos uploaded by fans the money is actually going to the copyright holders these days which is why they leave them up. The ones that are blocked are often just automatically done by YouTube’s automatic detection.

2 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

You are Right. Til a person gets flagged enough then the hammer comes down lol

I think they allow permission to use copyrighted material in most cases as long as they can get the money from it. Especially where the audio is concerned. Depends on the copyright holder though.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, InterlacedGeek said:

you can't avoid it

you can try "fair use" and then "educational" ... and pretend something ... it usually don't work ;-)

i love what you did with the Confessions Tour and that video is still up, so how to do the same thihg? It's literally the SAME MATERIAL and they just block it, i have two options, one is to delete the audio or to cut that part of the video ;(

11 hours ago, Holy Water 94 said:

i love what you did with the Confessions Tour and that video is still up, so how to do the same thihg? It's literally the SAME MATERIAL and they just block it, i have two options, one is to delete the audio or to cut that part of the video ;(

I think I ve done what I proposed here above ... then waited 29 days ... usually Warner don't reply to copyrights on Youtube, it is monetised for them. Blocked in Syria, Iran, North Korea and Cuba ;-)