The Top Three Madonna SINGLES That Best Represents Her and Her Career

Voguerista

23 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I love all those singles and remixes  - I miss the maxi singles - some of her remixes were just as big as the original versions   Junior's mixes of Secret and Sasha's mixes of Ray of Light were huge tracks in their own right 

Yes. I was shocked when Sasha's mix altered her voice to be deeper than the original. It was so jarring at first. Still holds up like crazy on headphones.

Its interesting when slower tracks like "Secret" get the dance treatment and are more popular than the original versions in certain places. "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" "What It Feels Like For A Girl" also. But then others like "Take A Bow" and "The Power of Goodbye" (not counting Luke Slater) never got official dance mixes upon release.

I think POG would have been a huge dance hit if they had done a trance mix at the time.

I think these are 2 very different things—Madonna (the artist/persona) vs “her career”, so those singles that probably best represent her work in the public memory. So, just as I did with the “videos” question, I’ll be naughty and do 2 separate  top 3s, accordingly:

-Singles that best represent Madonna the artist, musician, persona, provocateur, controversial and unapologetic woman, etc:

1. Like A Prayer

2. Human Nature

3. Bitch, I’m Madonna

-Singles that best represent Madonna’s career, in the collective memory, particularly- so not necessarily from a “fandom” perspective:

1. Like A Virgin

2. Hung Up

3. Material Girl

(“Like a prayer” and “La Isla Bonita” would complete the top 5).

My personal faves at the moment:

1. Drowned World

2. You’ll See

3. Medellín

This is extremely difficult, but I'd say Like a Prayer, Vogue and Music.

80s classic pop, queen diva shit and more contemporary dance pop. I wanted to include Ray of Light and Hung Up but I think these are one-time personas and sounds for a once in a lifetime era and album and wouldn't represent her career overall, but I'm not really sure, she just has too many iconic moments for three singles, this is mean :drama: