MUSIC; Early Confessions Tour Studio Demo

RUADJAI

2 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

If I remember correctly, it was a mash-up going around the clubs (like the Die Another Day vs Sweet Dreams Mash Up) before Stuart made his studio version. I don't think it was Stuart's idea originally.  

I was wondering this...    These were Napster days and there were alot of Mashups on the internet. 

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I was wondering this...    These were Napster days and there were alot of Mashups on the internet. 

Napster was pretty much dead by the time Hung Up came out. Was it Limewire when Hung Up came out? iTunes was just getting going.

Napster was big when MUSIC came along .. 

But there were a lot of MASHUPS (terrible mashups). 

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

I for sure am NOWHERE NEAR the person I was in 2005. 

:Madonna032:

Same. I'd be sad if I were the same person .. 

And we have to remember, that as much as we LOVED Confessions, people were always complaining about horses, the fake British accent, children's books .. Me Against The Music, the KISS -- so really, not much has changed :) She's still Madonna and we still bitch :) But we're older but wish she'd be the same as before ;)

It's not easy being Madonna.

There was a great bootleg mashup of Fever with Disco Inferno years ago by a dj called Tonedef. He did a few Madonna remixes that were really rough but fun. His most popular was a club mix of "Don't Tell Me" with Sweet Home Alabama. Had elements of "Swim". Very cool.

Music is probably her most bootlegged, mashed up, remixed track ever. Partly because there was that contest where they released the acapellas for "Music", "Ray of Light" and "Deeper and Deeper". That was when there was not many official clean Madonna acapellas available so it was kind of a big deal.

She was apparently a big fan of Go Home Productions (Mark Vidler) mashups. He got her blessing to release a limited vinyl called "Pistol Whipped" that I have. It has ROL and Music acapellas mashed with Sex Pistols tracks. He also put out an official compilation (can't remember what label) that featured his mashup of Music with "Boogie Oogie Oogie" by A Taste of Honey (disco classic) before Confessions was released.

I was surprised she didn't use the "Hollywood Express" mashup on the Confessions tour. The one that mashes up Hollywood with "Midnight Express" by Giorgio Moorer. Apparently she was a fan of that one too.

I think they also used the Loo and Placido bootleg mashup without ever contacting them. They originally did the mashup of "Into The Groove" with "Toop Toop" by Cassius that ended up being used on the Sticky and Sweet Tour.

I remember that night she showed up at Misshapes. It was the one weekend I stayed home for a family funeral thing. They sent out a text message to people saying "A Ray of Light tonight at Misshapes..." and the word spread fast with most people not believing it but there she was. Crazy.

9 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

So I stumbled across Confessions Interviews and was surprised to hear an early Tour Studio Demo for  MUSIC/Disco Inferno playing while she was getting ready to go to The Roxy. Seems like Staurt didn't have the full accapella yet perhaps. 

Que elegancia la de Francia ?

Good times damn! I miss this Madge ?

14 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I for sure am NOWHERE NEAR the person I was in 2005. 

:Madonna032:

I can see why you say that. But some aspects of your personality sorta do stay the same. She was fastly different from the 80's here or early 90's even. Yet I still saw it as the same person. 

There are aspects of her personality and little quirks, facial expressions, she had that I found endearing, seeing this footage that Im reminded of, and it's like that person is gone all together, which actually kinda made me feel sad.

Edited by Hari Beaux (see edit history)