MUSIC; Early Confessions Tour Studio Demo

RUADJAI

On 2/4/2021 at 9:46 PM, Pootz333 said:

There was a great bootleg mashup of Fever with Disco Inferno years ago by a dj called Tonedef. He did a few Madonna remixes that were really rough but fun. His most popular was a club mix of "Don't Tell Me" with Sweet Home Alabama. Had elements of "Swim". Very cool.

Music is probably her most bootlegged, mashed up, remixed track ever. Partly because there was that contest where they released the acapellas for "Music", "Ray of Light" and "Deeper and Deeper". That was when there was not many official clean Madonna acapellas available so it was kind of a big deal.

She was apparently a big fan of Go Home Productions (Mark Vidler) mashups. He got her blessing to release a limited vinyl called "Pistol Whipped" that I have. It has ROL and Music acapellas mashed with Sex Pistols tracks. He also put out an official compilation (can't remember what label) that featured his mashup of Music with "Boogie Oogie Oogie" by A Taste of Honey (disco classic) before Confessions was released.

I was surprised she didn't use the "Hollywood Express" mashup on the Confessions tour. The one that mashes up Hollywood with "Midnight Express" by Giorgio Moorer. Apparently she was a fan of that one too.

I think they also used the Loo and Placido bootleg mashup without ever contacting them. They originally did the mashup of "Into The Groove" with "Toop Toop" by Cassius that ended up being used on the Sticky and Sweet Tour.

I remember that night she showed up at Misshapes. It was the one weekend I stayed home for a family funeral thing. They sent out a text message to people saying "A Ray of Light tonight at Misshapes..." and the word spread fast with most people not believing it but there she was. Crazy.

I am very curious to hear all of these remixes. The Go Home Productions website is a mess to navigate. Any of them you would be willing to share? That Hollywood Express sounds especially interesting to me. 

On 2/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, fiercemighty said:

I am very curious to hear all of these remixes. The Go Home Productions website is a mess to navigate. Any of them you would be willing to share? That Hollywood Express sounds especially interesting to me. 

For some reason I can't find any of the Tonedeaf remixes online except his remix of "I Deserve It", which wasn't a mash up.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the best thread to post but i thought about it while reading.... The Love Profusion Studio Version from The Confessions Tour is real or a fanmade concept that ended in many people thinking it was real? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4OHTbjugaoI&ved=2ahUKEwj7oZnSivfuAhURQUEAHfvoCIwQwqsBMAB6BAgBEAM&usg=AOvVaw0FRDj1xzqdeISFkfaB-6yA

3 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

I don't know if this is the best thread to post but i thought about it while reading.... The Love Profusion Studio Version from The Confessions Tour is real or a fanmade concept that ended in many people thinking it was real? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D4OHTbjugaoI&ved=2ahUKEwj7oZnSivfuAhURQUEAHfvoCIwQwqsBMAB6BAgBEAM&usg=AOvVaw0FRDj1xzqdeISFkfaB-6yA

Judging by the sound it's not a Stuart Price mix.