Thread deleted ?

DanK

So now, whole threads get deleted, not locked ? 

And no explanation about it, even to the person who started the thread (me), even though I had nothing to do with the subsequent debate?  Lovely.

I'm referring to the "Madonna's 1979 ex accused of sexual abuse", by the way. I wonder what justification there is for it.  Just because some people probably went too far in it (I didn't read it in full when it was still there), I don't see why the messages of the people in question couldn't be edited/deleted instead of the whole thread.

Or maybe it's simply because some people are uncomfortable about the fact that Madonna once dated an alleged piece of shit pedophile creep ?

If that's the reason, we're reached new height of stupidity. The least that should have been done is posting a message justifying the deletion, in any case.

This is a private forum and its mods/owners can do what the fuck they want with it of course, but as I see it, deleting the whole thread is basically trying to suppress the very information about Madonna's ex being accused (which is a very public info BTW), and not the debate that ensued. 

Someone care to explain?

29 minutes ago, DanK said:

So now, whole threads get deleted, not locked ? 

And no explanation about it, even to the person who started the thread (me), even though I had nothing to do with the subsequent debate?  Lovely.

I'm referring to the "Madonna's 1979 ex accused of sexual abuse", by the way. I wonder what justification there is for it.  Just because some people probably went too far in it (I didn't read it in full when it was still there), I don't see why the messages of the people in question couldn't be edited/deleted instead of the whole thread.

Or maybe it's simply because some people are uncomfortable about the fact that Madonna once dated an alleged piece of shit pedophile creep ?

If that's the reason, we're reached new height of stupidity. The least that should have been done is posting a message justifying the deletion, in any case.

This is a private forum and its mods/owners can do what the fuck they want with it of course, but as I see it, deleting the whole thread is basically trying to suppress the very information about Madonna's ex being accused (which is a very public info BTW), and not the debate that followed it. 

Someone care to explain?

Have you thought about just messaging an admin/mod?

8 minutes ago, Fighter said:

You saw all the weird drama that surfaced in there. If you wanna post it again and give it another go. :stare: There's no point in editing it when almost the whole thread was like that but I can do that if you want. 

I sort of did read the first replies, and indeed, none of them were about the topic itself (Madonna and Daniel Moyne), it seemed to be all about the validity of revealing abuses before justice is served (a topic often discussed, especially in these last 2 years, and never to a satisfying conclusion...). And of course, it never ends well. I do however feel like deleting the whole thread felt like censoring the core information (Moyne being accused of sexual abuse), and the correlation/information which allowed some interesting tidbits about them to be posted (the 1979 trips they did together, their friendship which lasted over 2 decades, photos of/by them, "Secret Garden" being mostly about him, etc).

Just now, DanK said:

I sort of did read the first replies, and indeed, none of them were about the topic itself (Madonna and Daniel Moyne), it seemed to be all about the validity of revealing abuses before justice is served (a topic often discussed, especially in these last 2 years, and never to a satisfying conclusion...). And of course, it never ends well. I do however feel like deleting the whole thread felt like censoring the core information (Moyne being accused of sexual abuse), and the correlation/information which allowed some interesting tidbits about them to be posted (the 1979 trips they did together, their friendship which lasted over 2 decades, photos of/by them, "Secret Garden" being mostly about him, etc).

TBH the rape case and the criminal complaints against him have nothing to do with her, so there probably won't be many positive discussions in there. The thread is back there, do you mind if I close this one? 

Just now, Fighter said:

TBH the rape case and the criminal complaints against him have nothing to do with her, so there probably won't be many positive discussions in there. The thread is back there, do you mind if I close this one? 

Obviously Madonna has nothing to do with the criminal offense in question (nor does she appear to even still be friend with Moyne since the mid-2000s, for reasons unknown to us), but it was still worth mentioning (imho), the same way there are threads about tony Ward selling his belongings, or if Guy Ritchie was caught in some sort of scandal. And it's always a good excuse to post photos of 1970s Madonna, too  ;-) Of course, you can dispose of either threads however you wish, I don't mind either way. I just was curious about what happened with the first one since it wasn't clear :thumbsup: