Cher on Madonna. Spot on!

Madame Madonna

When Cher talked about the infamous Miley Cyrus performance of vmas at 2013, Cher mentioned about Madonna too and I think that it's spot on!

image.png.069d2fe98b7ddb947bd71a8a23fc3dd8.png

“She(=Miley Cyrus) took a chance, so you got to give her something for that, and I must say I haven't given her anything because I didn't like it. If the chick had come out naked and done a great performance doing the same things, I would have said, you know, great… I don’t like the fact that it wasn’t good.” 

“If Madonna had come out and done that, she would have done it, you know? You would have thought, it’s on the borderline, but it’s so great, who cares? And I don’t think that’s what she(=Miley Cyrus) did, you know, it’s my professional opinion.

If Madonna had come out and done that, she would have done it, you know? You would have thought, it’s on the borderline, but it’s so great, who cares?

So true. That is what distinguishes Madonna from other ordinary average pop stars.

7 minutes ago, Madame Madonna said:

When Cher talked about the infamous Miley Cyrus performance of vmas at 2013, Cher mentioned about Madonna too and I think that it's spot on!

image.png.069d2fe98b7ddb947bd71a8a23fc3dd8.png

“She(=Miley Cyrus) took a chance, so you got to give her something for that, and I must say I haven't given her anything because I didn't like it. If the chick had come out naked and done a great performance doing the same things, I would have said, you know, great… I don’t like the fact that it wasn’t good.” 

“If Madonna had come out and done that, she would have done it, you know? You would have thought, it’s on the borderline, but it’s so great, who cares? And I don’t think that’s what she(=Miley Cyrus) did, you know, it’s my professional opinion.

If Madonna had come out and done that, she would have done it, you know? You would have thought, it’s on the borderline, but it’s so great, who cares?

So true. That is what distinguishes Madonna from other ordinary average pop stars.

I mean, if Madonna did it, there would have been at least a small storyline that would justify the reason she did it. I can't think of any storyline to wear a nude body suit and twerk on Beatleguise with a sports finger.  

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean, if Madonna did it, there would have been at least a small storyline that would justify the reason she did it. I can't think of any storyline to wear a nude body suit and twerk on Beatleguise with a sports finger.  

Why does there have to be? Why can't Miley just have fun and enjoy herself?

I don't know what to think of past Miley anymore. She herself said her vegan diet was causing her mental health issues and looking at her tongue probably a candida albicans overload too, which can affect mental health. She just recently stopped being vegan.

Who knows what was going on in her mind back then. 

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Miley is just one annoying voiceless/talentless girl. She’s just forced to be a singer tbh. She had her time back when she used to be a teenager with girls loving her Hanna whatever. Now she’s just trying hard & people are bored already. ?

She definitely isn't voiceless or talentless. I'm not a huge fan but some of her live performances have really blew me away.

She has a great voice, there is no question about it. She might not be to your style but she can definitely sang! 

9 minutes ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

She definitely isn't voiceless or talentless. I'm not a huge fan but some of her live performances have really blew me away.

She has a great voice, there is no question about it. She might not be to your style but she can definitely sang! 

She can’t sing, it’s a fact. Her voice is annoying. ??

32 minutes ago, Ayham said:

She can’t sing, it’s a fact. Her voice is annoying. ??

Definitely not fact, she has an amazing voice, you just haven't listened closely. If we are being serious about vocal strength, she has a better voice than Madonna lol 

11 hours ago, heartcore said:

Why does there have to be? Why can't Miley just have fun and enjoy herself?

Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE Miley Cyrus. More so what came after this era... Dead Pets and all her Live performances/covers. 

I wasn't implying that ALL performances need a backstory or anything. Just... this TYPE of performance. It was nonsensical just to be nonsensical, which is fine, but... it doesn't always work. And in this case, my opinion is it didn't work. It was cringey. But I mean I get it, she was 21 or so and was probably really into ecstasy and other drugs like alot of 21 year olds are. its cool.  It just wasn't that great.

Madonna would have seen the need to elevate the performance with something more considering it was a one off performance. Madonna does nonsensical all the time. Usually in the middle of an entire concert though. 

It's like if Madonna came out and performed I'm Going Bananas for the MTV awards in 1993, people woulda been like WTF. 

One more thing in defense of Miley... she seems like a musicians pop-star. She seems well versed in good music and that makes me respect her even more. In one of her latest instagram videos she running on the treadmill singing Rebel Girl by Riot Girl band Bikini Kill... mad props.  I don't see Taylor or Ariana or any of these other girls covering Zombie by The Cranberries.