What other singer has this discography?

Sultrysully

I'd argue that Pet Shop Boys have a terrific discography, and they've had the luck of having a shitty period mid-career, instead of being on a 15-year-long slog of diminishing returns... Their early singles run is also as good as The Immaculate Collection. I mean, Madame X is a pretty great, fun record, but barely anyone cares at this point. The less said about the voice, the better. Generally, it's like a terrible 1-2 punch of bad music we had to endure, and an unparalleled access to the ugly, boring truth of who Madonna actually is via her unpolished, obnoxious daily updates. 
I mean, this is obviously my personal take, but I just don't see her as this thought-provoking genius as I did before. She had a fantastic 25-year run, from "Everybody" until the end of The Confessions Tour. The rest is just like watching a TV show you loved after they jumped the shark. Capitalism doesn't let you go out while you're on top. Everything has to have a remake, re-invention, artificial extension, until they leave you behind. Sometimes I wonder if we would've gotten MDNA or even Rebel Heart if she didn't have to tour, and that's kind of a cynical worldview. Maybe this pandemic is a blessing in disguise, since she might be able to do music without the external pressure of multi-million earnings for the touring moguls.

5 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I'd argue that Pet Shop Boys have a terrific discography, and they've had the luck of having a shitty period mid-career, instead of being on a 15-year-long slog of diminishing returns... Their early singles run is also as good as The Immaculate Collection. I mean, Madame X is a pretty great, fun record, but barely anyone cares at this point. The less said about the voice, the better. Generally, it's like a terrible 1-2 punch of bad music we had to endure, and an unparalleled access to the ugly, boring truth of who Madonna actually is via her unpolished, obnoxious daily updates. 
I mean, this is obviously my personal take, but I just don't see her as this thought-provoking genius as I did before. She had a fantastic 25-year run, from "Everybody" until the end of The Confessions Tour. The rest is just like watching a TV show you loved after they jumped the shark. Capitalism doesn't let you go out while you're on top. Everything has to have a remake, re-invention, artificial extension, until they leave you behind. Sometimes I wonder if we would've gotten MDNA or even Rebel Heart if she didn't have to tour, and that's kind of a cynical worldview. Maybe this pandemic is a blessing in disguise, since she might be able to do music without the external pressure of multi-million earnings for the touring moguls.

I only know/can name two PSB songs....

Well, you should change that! You will be rewarded immensely.
If you're implying they're somehow unpopular, know that your regular Joe doesn't exactly know "I Rise", or "Love Profusion", or even "The Look of Love". The question wasn't "Is Our Queen a really popular bitch?". It was about the quality of the discography. Obviously her only peer in terms of popularity is Elvis, really. We were lucky he didn't live in the age of Instagram.

Also, every fan of Madonna should check out their last three albums produced by Stuart Price. They are all his best production work since Confessions.

Mylene farmer might be famous only in France but she's often referred as the French Madonna. I don't really see why though... But she has a pretty cool discography too which is pretty normal when you sing for more than 30 years. 

Love the psb too. They also have a complexe remixography

10 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I'd argue that Pet Shop Boys have a terrific discography, and they've had the luck of having a shitty period mid-career, instead of being on a 15-year-long slog of diminishing returns... Their early singles run is also as good as The Immaculate Collection. 

Forgive me, but Pet Shop Boys are the most overrated band under the sun (OK, maybe second most overrated, after Oasis). Neil Tennant's "singing" makes me want to self-harm and apart from "Rent" and "West End Girls" their singles haven't aged very well. I'd defy any average member of the public to name 5 of their songs, despite having 22 top 10 hits in UK. Madonna had 3 times the amount. Not even in the same league. :) 

I think most artists only have one decade of continuous releases and then struggle. M managed to stay ahead of them. I'd say Mylene Farmer, perhaps Laura Pausini in Italy. But then, I think every country has a popstar that has had a long career and is still active and manages to sell good enough in spite of not having tremendous commercial success. Alla Pugacheva in Russia, Maryla Rodowicz in Poland, who else?

59 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I'd defy any average member of the public to name 5 of their songs, despite having 22 top 10 hits in UK. Madonna had 3 times the amount. Not even in the same league. :) 

As I said, Madonna has very few peers. No need to really gloat about this, when they're both equally in the shitter right now... 
And of course, I can tell from the attitude you're not really the person to talk about this. The self-harm comment is really in bad taste.

@RUADJAIHappy you're giving them a shot! I agree, they can be cheesy, and Neil's vocal is an acquired taste, but unlike Madge, he still sounds the same as he did 40 years ago. Funny what a little care does for a vocal. "PopArt" is a nice little introduction, basically a random list of their first 20-ish years. And obviously, the Stuart Price trilogy of "Electric"/"Super"/"Hotspot" for fans of Confessions.

Bonus points for writing 99% percent or their music, not merely changing a word or two, khm. And not to mention the immense fan care through books, signed items, physical singles. Collecting them is also a lovely sport on its own, their artwork is gorgeous. So yeah, a small addendum to my original answer. It's not just the music aspect of it.

3 hours ago, natalis said:

I think most artists only have one decade of continuous releases and then struggle. M managed to stay ahead of them. I'd say Mylene Farmer, perhaps Laura Pausini in Italy. But then, I think every country has a popstar that has had a long career and is still active and manages to sell good enough in spite of not having tremendous commercial success. Alla Pugacheva in Russia, Maryla Rodowicz in Poland, who else?

Kylie Minogue has 1988-2014. Even the DeConstruction singles (1994-98) performed better chart-wise than everything from I Was Gonna Cancel onwards. Surprisingly her singles did better in the UK than in her native Australia and she's still a strong album seller. 

Mmm..

Quality? That's a question of taste I guess. There's a lot of artists with 20, 30+ years of good pop music. If you're talking about cultural impact and shaping pop music, yes, I don't think there's anybody at her level and consistency, but she didn't do everything alone, there's life outiside our kingdom...

On 2/15/2021 at 3:22 PM, Sultrysully said:

Ladies and gentlemen..... The Immaculate Collection 

1. Everybody 

2. Burning Up

3. Lucky Star

4. Holiday

5. Borderline

6. Like a Virgin

7. Material Girl

8. Crazy for You

9. Angel

10. Into the Groove

11. Dress You Up

12. Gambler

13. Live to Tell

14. Papa Don't Preach

15. True Blue

16. Open Your Heart

17. La Isla Bonita

18. Who's that Girl

19. Causing a Commotion 

20. The Look of Love

21. Like a Prayer

22. Express Yourself

23. Cherish

24. Oh Father

25. Dear Jessie

26. Pray for Spanish Eyes

27. Keep It Together

28. Hanky Panky

29. Sooner or Later

30. Something to Remember

31. Vogue

32. Justify My Love

33. Rescue Me

34. This Used to Be My Playground 

35. Erotica

36. Deeper and Deeper

37. Bad Girl

38. Fever

39. Rain

40. I'll Remember 

41. Secret

42. Take a Bow

43. Bedtime Story

44. Human Nature

45. Love Tried to Welcome Me

46. I Want You

47. You'll See 

48. Love Don't Live Here Anymore 

49. One More Chance

50. You Must Love Me

51. Don't Cry for Me Argentina 

52. Frozen

53. Ray of Light

54. Drowned World/Substitute for Love

55. Sky Fits Heaven

56. The Power of Good-Bye

57. Nothing Really Matters

58. Beautiful Stranger

59. American Pie

60. Time Stood Still 

61. Music

62. Don't Tell Me

63. I Deserve It

64. Paradise (Not for Me)

65. What It Feels Like for a Girl

66. Die Another Day

67. American Life

68. Hollywood

69. Love Profusion

70. Nothing Fails

71. Hung Up  

72. Sorry

73. Get Together

74. Jump

75. Like It or Not

76. 4 Minutes

77. Give It 2 Me

78. Miles Away

79. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

80. Voices

81. Celebration

82. Revolver

83. Girl Gone Wild

84. Turn Up the Radio

85. Masterpiece 

86. Love Spent [Acoustic]

87. Falling Free

88. I Fucked Up

89. Living for Love

90. Ghosttown

91. Bitch I'm Madonna 

92. Hold Tight

93. Messiah

94. Rebel Heart

95. Medellin 

96. God Control

97. Crave

98. I Don't Search I Find 

99. Looking for Mercy

100. I Rise

No one. There’s nothing like this fun, theatricalness and depth of dance, emotion, heart, and soul. 

I mean... Tori Amos and Bjork. They're not as commercially successful but their catalogs are impressive, even if I don't get down with every single thing they do. Goldfrapp... they haven't been around as long... but I worship every single album they have. Again they're not as commercial, but that seems to be the case with alot of really amazing artists. 

I don't think any artist out there has that many great songs that can also be so vastly different.  Pet Shop Boys were mentioned and yeah someone could say they have done songs like Love etc. as well as songs like Rent but the vocals and style remain always the same, you know straight from the start that any PSB song out of any decade, is a PSB song. Elvis too, adult MJ etc. But someone can hear Ray of light, Rescue me, Masterpiece, Bitch I'm Madonna, Material Girl and never believe it's the same person. I think about 5 years is the longest Madonna rested with the same style of music. After that she'd always open another door and make magic elsewhere.

@RUADJAIBjork is a great suggestion! I wasn't exactly fond of "Utopia", but I loved most of everything she's released before it. And I see people still running to make comparisons with artists they know shit about without immersing themselves into the discography, since that was the whole point of this... let's say, exercise in free thought. The thread was posted as a question, I don't think the only answer should be "YES, MADONNA ONLY, UNPARALLELED QUEEN". 

Kylie is a great singles artist, in my opinion, which is a perfectly fine lane to be in. Most artists don't even have that.

There's a lot of variety in her singles, but admittedly I only like about half of the songs in the opening post. I can't think of any other artist who has that many quality songs though, other than maybe MJ and Kylie. I'd say Mariah too, but in hindsight I don't like that a lot of her discography sounds the same.