Listening to Bedtime Stories

Sultrysully

Love this album. After Erotica, it was full of bold vocal explorations pre-Evita and ROL, lyrical introspection, stylistic mishmash: Bedtime Stories foreshadowed American Life and Madame X. Not her most successful but one the challenging ones. So groovy. Sanctuary is a pure gem.

I wouldn't have said Bedtime Stories is my favourite album, but it's my most listened to.

I listened to the whole album while on the train yesterday and I never get sick of it. And I really enjoyed Human Nature although I'm sick of it, but hearing it with headphones and that bass *boom*

It does have a mood and cohesion combined her soft lush vocals is delicious.

Love Tried To Welcome Me is most delicious and lush and whimsical. One of her best.

Love Tried to Welcome Me should have been a single.  Madonna always was outstanding with ballads. She seems to embrace them only sometimes and shuns them mostly altogether on tour.  I guess that it is hard to fly around and do cartwheels while singing ballads.  But Bedtime Stories seems to be a soup for the soul.  Midtempo Madonna is wonderful.  

9 minutes ago, Jet said:

Strange how different albums invoke different feelings with people-to me bedtime stories is all about the cold weather and getting warm and cosy! It’s my winter album.

Bedtime Stories is very much a spring album for me. It’s all about the pastels! And the smell of mulch and tulips!

I love listening to this album when I go to bed, in the bath and even making love! 

My favourite song is 'Inside Of Me', absolutely gorgeous, love her vocal on it, "I can't stop thinking of you" ?

I never listened to it back in the day but it's my 2nd favourite Madonna album now as I'm older.

1. Madonna.

2. Bedtime Stories.

3. Confessions 

This is a Madonna album that I needed to warm up to; after time, I realized "Hey! This is a great album!" I agree that Love Tried to Welcome Me should've been a single - it's definitely a highlight on the album. Personally, I think it's one of her albums with the best music videos as well. The last few songs on the album flowed so easily into her next studio album, ROL. :Madonna019: