Congrats to Ray Of Light-what do you remember about this day?

Voguerista

I remember this day so well. I drove over an hour to pick up the CD and then drove home on a back road in the country listening to it. I was in heaven. It’s one of my favorite Madonna albums to this day. What a powerful, moving, beautiful, and fun piece of art in every way. The videos for it brought it home even more so.  

its adventurous and well sung

such a high level of ellaboration indeed mingled

you realize it when you get to compare listening to it stoned and then sober

there are more witty percussion layers in frozen than human beings in china

sometimes its heartfelt - no doubt a very high creative peak

however I miss that funny aura other albuns like erotica or music do offer. 

I truly loved the album. Upon first listening I began to realize that Madonna had changed once again, only this time it felt very different. This wasn't a woman playing around with just another image. It felt very honest, and I kind of realized that something had changed profoundly.

Nor was the album a "single-album". It had very few fillers (if any). It felt that each song was a statement. And the soundscapes, the details, not to mention Madonnas voice... It was all very powerful. And I remember the build-up. Everyone liked Frozen. So all of a sudden I had friends again. People can be very forgiving, especially if you are willing to adept. Madonna is her own woman, though. But she's HAS talked about her career being a journey, of sorts. And back in march 1998 she was ready "to tone it down a bit". She also had something to say,  in fact she had a lot of things to say, and so much (yet) to proove. So Ray of Light felt like a new chapter to me, and to a certaint extent it made med sad. Because the artist with that knowing smile was gone. The girl who had embraced "postmodernism", and who had constantly lived out the american dream (always with that knowingness), was gone.

And then I fell in love, with Sky fits Heaven, Skin, The Power of Goodbye. And then I began to realize that society too had changed a lot since that Sex book (or Blond Ambition, for that matter). 

"Madonna A Gonna" screamed one of the tabloids in 1993, when Madonna went to London with the Girlie Show. But that wasn't entirely true, was it? As time went by and the 90's ended, Madonna was still at the top of her game.

I absolutely adore this album. I bought it around maybe 2010/2011, as I was still collecting her albums at that point and I fell in love with it instantly. The Grammys that she won for this were well-deserved and long overdue (especially with prior albums like True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Erotica that were also outstanding but did not get enough recognition awards-wise). Beautiful songs, awesome music videos and simple, yet elegant album photography.

I worked in a record store and I actually walked in to work to unpack all the new releases sent through on a Friday for Monday and it was in the box. I had no idea I was obsessed with how beautiful it looked visually. It really was such a sublimely packaged album. 
I had it on in store all day much to the annoyance of the other member of staff and then I took it home for the weekend and played it over and over.

Naughty but my boss said it was cool.