Madonna: Fever + Love Don’t Live Here Anymore remixes on streaming

46 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Maybe the digital platforms said they can only get her on Release Radar for one submission every month or something like that?

One every week or fortnight might breech some of their own fairness codes? Who knows. Especially if this could be more than a two year cycle reaching back to Vogue release late summer / autumn last year. 

Her team must have noted the impact that Release Radar can have on visibility & stream counts and maybe the plan has been amended to maximise presence? 

Dunno just a thought. 

No, even if you a have new release each week, you can send it to Release Radar. I think the issue with the previous digital singles is they were "old releases", they didn't have the 2021 release date, so they were not "new" to Spotify. You can only send "new" music for Release Radar.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dam I really wanted a digital source for the Radio Edit. Does anyone have a better rip than this? Why isn't it on a cd?🤦‍♂️🤞🤷🏻‍♀️ Is it a shorter version of another mix? Then I can just make it. Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. Cheers  

There are so many official fever mixes its crazy. I think its her most remixed track along with Music?  Does anyone know her most remixed track? We already have a CD release of Murk Boys Miami Mix don't we? Happy to be corrected. There is also the Vinyl Rip which sounds awesome. Vinyl  [Hi-Res]: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. CD RIP: &#13

I'm Not so Bombed about the Edit one as we already have a digital release on CD, But I'm sure the Edit 2 has never been on cd please correct me someone if I'm wrong. If  there is one, Ill buy it.🤑 I always wanted that double Red Vinyl, To bad they wont release that Digitally. I want that Radio Edit 5.01 I don't think the Edit One Could Sound Any Better: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

No, even if you a have new release each week, you can send it to Release Radar. I think the issue with the previous digital singles is they were "old releases", they didn't have the 2021 release date, so they were not "new" to Spotify. You can only send "new" music for Release Radar.

Would they be allowed to re-release the Vogue EP of mixes with the 2021 date and some bonus tracks?

• Album Version
  • Instrumental

And there has to be one or two unreleased mixes to toss in. 

Or have those ships sailed and we just let them be and hope for better going forward?

On 3/30/2021 at 11:27 AM, steady75 said:

NB: Frozen Victor Calderone Drumapella has a random 43000 streams which not only means its out performing every other track on the EP but its out performing every track on every digital EP released in the campaign bar Vogue (single and 12" edits)  and the Bedtime Story mix listed above, by a country mile. Go figure?

Who has this emeffer on repeat y'all..?

I mean im not surprised this is happened - Im not sitting around to all the mixes that ive heard a million times but you better believe Im playing the promo's that I dont have or only have on vinyl or havent heard in ages - She has 430k fans that probably played that 1 track because they hadnt heard it before.  seems reasonable.

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

What constitutes new release?  I just checked MC30 of which I had many tracks pop up on my release radar.  Those are all listed with their original years and listed that way THO the copyright at bottom of those releases says 2021.

8 hours ago, captainjay said:

Would they be allowed to re-release the Vogue EP of mixes with the 2021 date and some bonus tracks?

• Album Version
  • Instrumental

And there has to be one or two unreleased mixes to toss in. 

Or have those ships sailed and we just let them be and hope for better going forward?

They could but then they could only send a previously unreleased track for Release Radar. If the Album Version is the same as the "I'm Breathless" album, Spotify counts it as "already released" and don't allow to consider it for Release Radar. And I don't think Spotify algorithm likes instrumentals that much, really :cute:

6 hours ago, AModSquad said:

What constitutes new release?  I just checked MC30 of which I had many tracks pop up on my release radar.  Those are all listed with their original years and listed that way THO the copyright at bottom of those releases says 2021.

I'm not completely sure but I think Mariah's team played that game with those MC30 releases to get maximum exposure, right? They sent them as 2020/2021 "new" releases but later they sent an update just for the release date to change it to the original year (but not the copryright).

That happened with the "Like A Prayer" digital maxi, too: originally its release date and copyright was 2021, but then the release date was updated to 1989.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:18 AM, thegoldencalf said:

Lol what greatest hits/farewell tour? None of these have been discussed or likely...

Also what would a new Greatest Hits look like? She had none since Celebration.

Unless she re-records her old songs (which I doubt she ever would) I doubt we’ll ever see a new collection. 
Especially now when streaming makes these completely redundant.

Judging by her latest Instagram posts we’re more likely to see sex book part II, the photoshop edition

Well some sort of greatest hits for sure, to commemorate the big anniversary. She has been releasing one every 10 years as part of her contracts (1990, 2001, 2009), i'm sure she'll have one out to coincide with the film, much like Elton John did.

Besides, streaming didn't stop the biggest streaming artist on the planet to release a greatest hits album (The Weeknd - The Highlights, 2021)

On 3/30/2021 at 2:56 PM, Aiwa08 said:

Really? The problem is the artwork? You only need a second to put any artwork to your files using any free Tag Editor. And you don't have any official artwork for B-Sides like "Supernatural" "Has To Be" "Ain't no Big Deal", etc, etc, etc. I think the original B-Sides (including Remixes) must be like the original release.

Yes, with Rain please.

Besides, the Daniel Abraham Fever remixes (edits one and two) are a part of the same promotion package as Rain. He was commissioned to remix Rain (radio remix) at the same time, long after the original batch of Fever remixes had already been out.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:48 PM, Ryder said:

She's quite stingy when it comes to unreleased stuff and she can't be bothered - She'd better start thinking of releasing of The Virgin Tour, The Who's That Girl Tour, The Blond Ambition Tour, The Girlie Show, etc... 

What's with the Who's That Girl Tour on Spotify?? who released that and is that approved and official?

29 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

What's with the Who's That Girl Tour on Spotify?? who released that and is that approved and official?

100% unofficial. Usually those bootlegs are taken down from Spotify and Apple Music within days (or they don't make it at all and get caught in the process), but somehow this one is still on Spotify since its release. I guess it will be taken down eventually.

5 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

Well some sort of greatest hits for sure, to commemorate the big anniversary. She has been releasing one every 10 years as part of her contracts (1990, 2001, 2009), i'm sure she'll have one out to coincide with the film, much like Elton John did.

Besides, streaming didn't stop the biggest streaming artist on the planet to release a greatest hits album (The Weeknd - The Highlights, 2021)

I think people are putting to much stock in this movie. In this early stage there’s no guarantee it will ever get made and it’s impossible to tell when it’s getting released. 
As for the GH, it worked for The Weeknd because he’s really huge now while Madonna is not. 
If a compilation is released it needs a big marketing campaign and something extra in terms of production. She can’t just slap an old photo on a messy compilation like she did after STR. And this involves her working with WB again. 
Though I would love a revisit of Celebration/GHV2 with a cleaned up tracklist and mastering. And a box set of her entire catalogue properly remastered from the original recordings. 

11 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think people are putting to much stock in this movie. In this early stage there’s no guarantee it will ever get made and it’s impossible to tell when it’s getting released. 
As for the GH, it worked for The Weeknd because he’s really huge now while Madonna is not. 
If a compilation is released it needs a big marketing campaign and something extra in terms of production. She can’t just slap an old photo on a messy compilation like she did after STR. And this involves her working with WB again. 
Though I would love a revisit of Celebration/GHV2 with a cleaned up tracklist and mastering. And a box set of her entire catalogue properly remastered from the original recordings. 

Well I'm only looking at the facts and comparing the type of promotion with the ones other great artists had for their big anniversaries. Just because she isn't talking about it now it doesn't mean one will not get released. there is still a full year and a half until 6 October 2022 (if we assume that is the big anniversary date) and I don't expect any promotion or even buzz to start before April 2022.

As for the Weeknd and his greatest hits, yes he is huge now but his audience doesn't even remember CDs and records, even his greatest hits is mostly getting streamed even though it is released physically as well. An artist like Madonna would surely benefit from it more than him because the majority of her audience WILL go and buy the physical copy. As for promotion, The Weeknd didn't even promote it. he just dropped it online one day, which is something i see being done more often. But I'm sure Madonna's will be heavily promoted because, as you mentioned, she is not as big as she used to be

29 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

She has never had a GH with a focus on streaming though, so a compilation to highlight all of the best versions/single mixes of her catalogue is surely something which would be beneficial. Celebration was sloppy and didn't really do that.

Also, whilst she may not be having massive hits these days, there are still new generations of pop fans to be dragged up.

I'm sure we'll get something in the not too distanced future, either a series of complilations like Bowie did such as 82-89, 90-99, 2000-2019, or a one volume album of just the mega hits.

26 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

As for the Weeknd and his greatest hits, yes he is huge now but his audience doesn't even remember CDs and records, even his greatest hits is mostly getting streamed even though it is released physically as well. An artist like Madonna would surely benefit from it more than him because the majority of her audience WILL go and buy the physical copy. As for promotion, The Weeknd didn't even promote it. he just dropped it online one day, which is something i see being done more often. But I'm sure Madonna's will be heavily promoted because, as you mentioned, she is not as big as she used to be

The Weeknd tied the release to the Super Bowl which technically was the promotion, much like what Kylie did with Step Back In Time timed to Glastonbury. Madonna needs something that will give her huge exposure and she can tie a GH release to.

58 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

The Weeknd tied the release to the Super Bowl which technically was the promotion, much like what Kylie did with Step Back In Time timed to Glastonbury. Madonna needs something that will give her huge exposure and she can tie a GH release to.

Yes that is true. I'm sure the movie will be released at the same time though. As for other events she can tie it to.. I guess we'll have to wait and see

On 4/1/2021 at 12:36 AM, Prayer said:

I'm not completely sure but I think Mariah's team played that game with those MC30 releases to get maximum exposure, right? They sent them as 2020/2021 "new" releases but later they sent an update just for the release date to change it to the original year (but not the copryright).

That happened with the "Like A Prayer" digital maxi, too: originally its release date and copyright was 2021, but then the release date was updated to 1989.

ohhh thats interesting to note. thank you.  I hadnt thought about initial releases and then subsequent changes to that that new release and that it maybe to trick the spotify system, to be honest.  Intriguing.