Jump to content

Madonna: Fever + Love Don’t Live Here Anymore remixes on streaming


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Bend over right now. Your ass needs to be slapped.

Fever has some of the greatest remixes ever! Was a top 10 in the UK!

Love Don’t Live Here Anymore has the video remix! Wasn’t available on STR!

WE NEED THESE RELEASES!!!

(plus they were released in March, so they are following their anniversaries....)

I am glad they are coming out.  I just feel that the scheduling is so frigging random and is taking forever.  I love both songs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dam I really wanted a digital source for the Radio Edit. Does anyone have a better rip than this? Why isn't it on a cd?🤦‍♂️🤞🤷🏻‍♀️ Is it a shorter version of another mix? Then I can just make it. Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. Cheers  

There are so many official fever mixes its crazy. I think its her most remixed track along with Music?  Does anyone know her most remixed track? We already have a CD release of Murk Boys Miami Mix don't we? Happy to be corrected. There is also the Vinyl Rip which sounds awesome. Vinyl  [Hi-Res]: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. CD RIP: &#13

I'm Not so Bombed about the Edit one as we already have a digital release on CD, But I'm sure the Edit 2 has never been on cd please correct me someone if I'm wrong. If  there is one, Ill buy it.🤑 I always wanted that double Red Vinyl, To bad they wont release that Digitally. I want that Radio Edit 5.01 I don't think the Edit One Could Sound Any Better: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

All the other versions have gotten only released commercially mixes unfortunately 

Well this is factually incorrect, "Justify My Love" and "Rescue Me" both had rare/promo mixes as well. And so far, the pattern was price = number of tracks (more or less), you can check for yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Well this is factually incorrect, "Justify My Love" and "Rescue Me" both had rare/promo mixes as well. And so far, the pattern was price = number of tracks (more or less), you can check for yourself.

Rescue Me only had commercially released mixes, as shown here:

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Rescue-Me/release/215218
https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Rescue-Me/release/1188415

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Rescue-Me/release/10205115

However when it comes to justify my love: it had an edit of the already commercially released orbit remix, which is an edit of the orbit remix made for radio only. Therefore you cannot really say they got promo mixes, but oh I wish we would get!😩

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Rescue Me only had commercially released mixes, as shown here:

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Rescue-Me/release/215218
https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Rescue-Me/release/1188415

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Rescue-Me/release/10205115

However when it comes to justify my love: it had an edit of the already commercially released orbit remix, which is an edit of the orbit remix made for radio only. Therefore you cannot really say they got promo mixes, but oh I wish we would get!😩

 

But the previous format was using the same exact tracklisting of the US maxis. This wasn't the case for Justify and Rescue, and clearly wont be the same for Fever and Love Don't, as there will be additional tracks....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Last time we got them on the same day the info leaked, so it's kind of shitty the intern didn't do another screenshot. Even clicking on the release name probably does the trick. Someone is intentionally hiding this from us!!!!!!1

Lol it’s no intern and no leak.

it comes from axis.wmg.com, and you need to be a retailer to have an account there

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steady75 said:

By show of hands (hearts) who on here will be paying £9.99 for the fever remixes? Just out of interest.

I will. I still buy all my music, and if we want more releases and re-editions, then this is my way of letting them know there is a market and an interest.

Illegally downloading or stealing music (Spotify) then complaining companies dont invest in their artists and  their releases is dissonent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

I will. I still buy all my music, and if we want more releases and re-editions, then this is my way of letting them know there is a market and an interest.

Illegally downloading or stealing music (Spotify) then complaining companies dont invest in their artists and  their releases is dissonent.

Hun this isn’t some X factor start up. It’s Madobbin ...queen of music. The 4th most successful artist of all time or something like that. 

Noble as your quest is,  mom is not short of a quid or two. 
 

If you didn’t get them on CD first time around fair enough.  But I’m not spending good handbag on something I already have so streaming is just a convenient way of revisiting these songs on a platform I use more than all else these days. 
Streaming is the new metric of popularity. I’d argue that streaming her stuff on the industries dominant platform is more advantageous to her career at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One can fetch these in lossless quality from Deezer in a very easy way, haven't paid for digital files in ages... the only exclusives these days are HQ FLAC files, and you can probably get those from Tidal in a different way. But those audiophile things are basically wasteful, the CD standard was optimized for the human ear... so yeah.

 

For me, this is just a satisfying way to finally lump a bunch of mixes together into an official release. "Oh Father [Edit]" becoming available made me stop searching for an overpriced promo, as did the recent promo mixes. Basically, this random throwing out of vintage releases is the best thing Mom has done in ages. Look, she cares!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what, since from this point on they're playing loose on these releases, and obviously will release EU singles as well... I want it all really. 7'' Remix of "Express Yourself" and "Keep It Together". A bunch of "Like a Prayer" dubs. Heck, go back and remake "12''ers + 2" or something. Make it an RSD + Digital release. Listen to us, Motha! We're begging you! 
I mean, the lack of 80s singles on streaming will surely make the whole thing irrelevant in the context of the biopic. They should've been the focus... Maybe stuff is stirring in the background, we never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’d like an 80’s single 12” collection playlist at least cause it seems most of the 12” are available on streaming anyway but it would be so satisfying to see all her singles artwork and mixes on there. We’ll probably just get those yellow CD’s when they get round to the 80’s stuff. They’re probably keeping the. 80’s stuff til nearer the doc as it’s her most high profile stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

You know what, since from this point on they're playing loose on these releases, and obviously will release EU singles as well... I want it all really. 7'' Remix of "Express Yourself" and "Keep It Together". A bunch of "Like a Prayer" dubs. Heck, go back and remake "12''ers + 2" or something. Make it an RSD + Digital release. Listen to us, Motha! We're begging you! 
I mean, the lack of 80s singles on streaming will surely make the whole thing irrelevant in the context of the biopic. They should've been the focus... Maybe stuff is stirring in the background, we never know.

Yeah, I'd like to see all the Japan EPs (Remixed Prayers, Rain EP, etc.) released digitally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd imagine they're keeping all the 80s stuff for full album re-issues similar to what Warner have been doing with Prince's albums.  Her singles back then didn't really have remixes, just edits or extended versions. 

By the time her 40th anniversary rolls around in '22-'23 leading up to the movie release, she will have passed the 35 year contractual mark with all her releases up to 1987, which, assuming she assigns distribution rights to Warner, opens the door for her to clean out our pockets. I did a mock up of what these first 3 might look like during lockdown 1. Putting them out into the universe in case The Powers That Be are looking...

Am I missing anything important? Like A Prayer gets trickier as Shep started doing loads of remixes, so I'll save that for another time.

 

Edited by Bjonkers
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

I remember we pay for Spotify premium..... so what do you mean?

Streaming services have just legitimized illegal downloads. A friend of mine released an album on a major label two years ago, toured the fuck of it, did interviews, tv shows, promoted his social media....got a check for 500$ from Spotify at the end of the year.

Artists are on there to get their name out, not because theyre making a living out of it. The concept is a good idea, but the returns for an artist are a joke. And an insult. But thats just because people feel entitled to whatever they desire, and things like Spotify aliviate consciences. It's not stealing if it's offered to me, right?

 A  number of artists fade away quickly because they can no longet make a living off selling their art.

At least labels used to promote and develop their artists. Spotify's just a pimp.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RUADJAI changed the title to Madonna: Fever + Love Don’t Live Here Anymore remixes on streaming
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...