Madonna: Fever + Love Don’t Live Here Anymore remixes on streaming

17 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Streaming services have just legitimized illegal downloads. A friend of mine released an album on a major label two years ago, toured the fuck of it, did interviews, tv shows, promoted his social media....got a check for 500$ from Spotify at the end of the year.

Artists are on there to get their name out, not because theyre making a living out of it. The concept is a good idea, but the returns for an artist are a joke. And an insult. But thats just because people feel entitled to whatever they desire, and things like Spotify aliviate consciences. It's not stealing if it's offered to me, right?

A  number of artists fade away quickly because they can no longet make a living off selling their art.

At least labels used to promote and develop their artists. Spotify's just a pimp.

Yeah something needs to be done about the artists return for sure but the music model has sadly changed and albums for the most part are now advertising for the live event. Only the big hitters make serious money when the streams get into the multiple millions. As even a million is only about the avenger UK monthly salary. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dam I really wanted a digital source for the Radio Edit. Does anyone have a better rip than this? Why isn't it on a cd?🤦‍♂️🤞🤷🏻‍♀️ Is it a shorter version of another mix? Then I can just make it. Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. Cheers  

There are so many official fever mixes its crazy. I think its her most remixed track along with Music?  Does anyone know her most remixed track? We already have a CD release of Murk Boys Miami Mix don't we? Happy to be corrected. There is also the Vinyl Rip which sounds awesome. Vinyl  [Hi-Res]: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. CD RIP: &#13

I'm Not so Bombed about the Edit one as we already have a digital release on CD, But I'm sure the Edit 2 has never been on cd please correct me someone if I'm wrong. If  there is one, Ill buy it.🤑 I always wanted that double Red Vinyl, To bad they wont release that Digitally. I want that Radio Edit 5.01 I don't think the Edit One Could Sound Any Better: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

I'd imagine they're keeping all the 80s stuff for full album re-issues similar to what Warner have been doing with Prince's albums.  Her singles back then didn't really have remixes, just edits or extended versions. 

By the time her 40th anniversary rolls around in '22-'23 leading up to the movie release, she will have passed the 35 year contractual mark with all her releases up to 1987, which, assuming she assigns distribution rights to Warner, opens the door for her to clean out our pockets. I did a mock up of what these first 3 might look like during lockdown 1. Putting them out into the universe in case The Powers That Be are looking...

Am I missing anything important? Like A Prayer gets trickier as Shep started doing loads of remixes, so I'll save that for another time.

Madonna Madonna reissue.pdf 23.53 kB · 5 downloads Madonna Like A Virgin reissue.pdf 28.05 kB · 2 downloads Madonna True Blue reissue.pdf 21.78 kB · 3 downloads

Cute ideas but Id really hope the formats go much further than this. A Special edition with all the 12” mixes would only be good for the first three albums of it was a third disc. 

Not too bothered about released demos unless they are vastly different or had an entirely different producer like the Jellybean / Reggie / Bray versions on the first two records.

Uncertain that we’d get Gotham Demos as part of the first release either as Warner does not own them and I don’t know if the masters would have been passed back to Madonna at this point either. I could see her throwing out a cute Soundcloud mix tape of these at best. 

The joy for me would be to receive songs that we had absolutely no idea of existing on these releases. 
Of course we’d all love HQ versions of the songs we know about but I’d live for unknown tracks on those first two albums especially. There is just no way she only recorded 9 tracks for both the debut and Like A Virgin. No way. I mean a lot of the album tracks were pretty low rent on the first two albums but there has to be more stuff that was recorded that was written by other writers which is why they wouldn’t immediately show up in the Madonna registered database. Do we really think a big company like Warner would have an artist like Madonna in their hands with her huge potential and not have a boardroom meeting where they listen to a bunch of recordings and choose between them? 
Like... they just took the nine tracks presented and went “ok”.

it’s_not_realistic.gif

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Cute ideas but Id really hope the formats go much further than this. A Special edition with all the 12” mixes would only be good for the first three albums of it was a third disc. 

Not too bothered about released demos unless they are vastly different or had an entirely different producer like the Jellybean / Reggie / Bray versions on the first two records.

Uncertain that we’d get Gotham Demos as part of the first release either as Warner does not own them and I don’t know if the masters would have been passed back to Madonna at this point either. I could see her throwing out a cute Soundcloud mix tape of these at best. 

The joy for me would be to receive songs that we had absolutely no idea of existing on these releases. 
Of course we’d all love HQ versions of the songs we know about but I’d live for unknown tracks on those first two albums especially. There is just no way she only recorded 9 tracks for both the debut and Like A Virgin. No way. I mean a lot of the album tracks were pretty low rent on the first two albums but there has to be more stuff that was recorded that was written by other writers which is why they wouldn’t immediately show up in the Madonna registered database. Do we really think a big company like Warner would have an artist like Madonna in their hands with her huge potential and not have a boardroom meeting where they listen to a bunch of recordings and choose between them? 
Like... they just took the nine tracks presented and went “ok”.

it’s_not_realistic.gif

That would indeed be wonderful, however, I really don't think she was that prolific in terms of generating a tonne of recordings. Studio time was expensive back then and I think once the label had their 4 singles, they were happy to put it out. I can't remember where I saw it, maybe her letters or diaries, but for Like A Virgin she was anxious about how expensive Nile was to prodcue each track, so I don't think there was much left over.

Regarding the pre-fame stuff, I would be hopeful that she has either always owned or if not, bought the masters for all her early demos back in the day, especially after the legal battle she went through to prevent WasNotWas from releasing her vocals on Shake Your Head. She didn't battle Steve Bray when he released 'Pre-Madonna', so maybe she bought them off him after that and he'd made a few $$$. Who knows, we'll find out in 2 or 3 years I guess.

• Yeah its funny because I'm positive it was the experience with Reggie Lucas that formed a hug part of the Madonna we have today. She was obviously peeved at what he had done with the tracks when she wasn't around and by Like A Virgin production sessions and mixing she was there the whole time. More than Nile even...and thus Controlio Cicconio was born
21 hours ago, Prayer said:

No one is hiding anything, the tracklists are not shown on that database, so we can only guess according to the price.

image.png

"Fever" is going to be at least 9 tracks with that price and "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" around 7.

"Sorry" will be of course a 2-track single. :tongue:

WEA? That's Warner right?

God i wish we could know what sort of meetings Madonna is having with them for the past year. 

Warner holds the rights for all these recordings and i'm sure a deal HAS to be in place for her biopic. She might use some unused demos and old pre-madonna songs that might not belong to them...but she needs her music from her Warner days in there as well, unless she does a Glee or Mamma Mia and uses covers of her own music, lmao.

I remember when there were rumors she was going back to Warner last summer right after Interscope removed Madonna from their page. People in Germany were getting Spotify ads from Warner Germany promoting Madonna hits and everything. And they even mentioned her on twitter for a while. Then these single releases started to happen more often. Warner never cared about Madonna since she left them, so clearly something is working for a while now...right? 

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

WEA? That's Warner right?

God i wish we could know what sort of meetings Madonna is having with them for the past year. 

Warner holds the rights for all these recordings and i'm sure a deal HAS to be in place for her biopic. She might use some unused demos and old pre-madonna songs that might not belong to them...but she needs her music from her Warner days in there as well, unless she does a Glee or Mamma Mia and uses covers of her own music, lmao.

I remember when there were rumors she was going back to Warner last summer right after Interscope removed Madonna from their page. People in Germany were getting Spotify ads from Warner Germany promoting Madonna hits and everything. And they even mentioned her on twitter for a while. Then these single releases started to happen more often. Warner never cared about Madonna since she left them, so clearly something is working for a while now...right? 

Of course Warner and Madonna are talking and making deals behind the scenes. And her coming back to Warner with an exclusive licensing deal would make sense. Prince did that in 2014 to get his Warner masters back.

Everything different from the original releases needs to be green-lighted by her. That's why for years Warner just released the same vinyls but with different colors hahaha. She had to agree to the "Like A Prayer" 30th Anniversary streaming album and a physical expanded edition was apparently also in the works. And now all the back catalogue digital singles and video remasters... They can't do all this without her approval. :)

Let's see what happens in the next few months, also with the "Madame X Tour" physical release: will it be Warner?

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Of course Warner and Madonna are talking and making deals behind the scenes. And her coming back to Warner with an exclusive licensing deal would make sense. Prince did that in 2014 to get his Warner masters back.

Everything different from the original releases needs to be green-lighted by her. That's why for years Warner just released the same vinyls but with different colors hahaha. She had to agree to the "Like A Prayer" 30th Anniversary streaming album and a physical expanded edition was apparently also in the works. And now all the back catalogue digital singles and video remasters... They can't do all this without her approval. :)

Let's see what happens in the next few months, also with the "Madame X Tour" physical release: will it be Warner?

The music videos she could probably do these remasters i think. As long as she credits Warner Bros. 

I am hoping for a deal like Prince though. Let's hope.

No edit one or two.!!!!!!

I’m fuckin howling.

Brilliant EP’s but at least one of these really would have been the best. What a lot of unexpected goodies. Wonder why some of the other EP’s weren’t quite so luxurious? Especially as these two are cover versions. 

Lets hope they form part of the Rain EP in summer. 
Bad Girl mixes are great though. Finally available on streaming with the Fever single edit. So a big win. 

If this is what we’re getting in March I wonder what joys April holds. 

Sadly I think we’ve missed out on Bedtime Stories, American Pie, Frozen & Nothing Really Matters til this time next year now and in turn Fever and LDLHA videos will probably be 2022. 
Music and Secret seem to have been the only two joined up video / Maxi releases. There really does seem like there’s no logic and reason. 

My money is on American Life and What It Feels Like For A Girl in April and Ray of Light and Beautiful Stranger in May. 

Whoa, this is unexpected!

25 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Vinyl rips? 😂 Bloodyhell she’s bad at times but not that bad. 
Bizarrely there was a 2001 Promo CD with all these Fever mixes I posted above. Why from 2001 I don’t know. Maybe part of the GHV2 curation process before Madonna ditched the tracks she couldn’t listen to five times in a row. 

The 2001 promo CD - I purchased on ebay from someone who worked briefly in Warners marketing. So most likely part of the curation process.

There were 7 CDR's total (well 8 as Deeper is on 2 discs). Fever, Deeper, Bedtime Story (with all 4 picchiotti), Frozen (with drumapellas), and the rest with nothing rare (BStranger, and I think Ypu'll See and Secret)

• RUADJAI changed the title to Madonna: Fever + Love Don’t Live Here Anymore remixes on streaming
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic