Madonna: Fever + Love Don’t Live Here Anymore remixes on streaming

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Is this an official fact? Because I find it very unlikely that they would have full control over her catalogue and they wouldn’t capitalize more on it. Especially when it comes to vinyl

it's also possible that they have a private deal with Madonna in which they don't release anything until she is ready (as she has said on multiple ocasions she is not done yet) and in return she will fully back up the promotion of those future releases and activelly participate. we don't know what happens behind the scenes, anything is possible.

But yes, they own the old stuff. it's the same contract Prince used to have with Warner, and George Michael with Sony. Remember when Prince changed his name as a rebellion against the label and used to have "slave" written on his face. George Michael was in the same kind of trouble where he couldn't release anything for 6 years until Dreamworks bought him out. But both of them eventually returned to their former labels.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dam I really wanted a digital source for the Radio Edit. Does anyone have a better rip than this? Why isn't it on a cd?🤦‍♂️🤞🤷🏻‍♀️ Is it a shorter version of another mix? Then I can just make it. Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. Cheers  

There are so many official fever mixes its crazy. I think its her most remixed track along with Music?  Does anyone know her most remixed track? We already have a CD release of Murk Boys Miami Mix don't we? Happy to be corrected. There is also the Vinyl Rip which sounds awesome. Vinyl  [Hi-Res]: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content. CD RIP: &#13

I'm Not so Bombed about the Edit one as we already have a digital release on CD, But I'm sure the Edit 2 has never been on cd please correct me someone if I'm wrong. If  there is one, Ill buy it.🤑 I always wanted that double Red Vinyl, To bad they wont release that Digitally. I want that Radio Edit 5.01 I don't think the Edit One Could Sound Any Better: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

it's also possible that they have a private deal with Madonna in which they don't release anything until she is ready (as she has said on multiple ocasions she is not done yet) and in return she will fully back up the promotion of those future releases and activelly participate. we don't know what happens behind the scenes, anything is possible.

But yes, they own the old stuff. it's the same contract Prince used to have with Warner, and George Michael with Sony. Remember when Prince changed his name as a rebellion against the label and used to have "slave" written on his face. George Michael was in the same kind of trouble where he couldn't release anything for 6 years until Dreamworks bought him out. But both of them eventually returned to their former labels.

Take this with a grain of salt but when you live(d) in LA, there's always someone with insider info and then you just have to listen through all the embellishments to drill down to the truth....here's what i was told.  Warner reached out to a M to do a massive Erotica 25th anniversary edition - talks fell through because she wanted too much money.  Thats all i know.  Now the questions would be, did she want more money for offering more material from her Erotica Vaults?  Im not sure what Warner owns and where that ends but i found this rather intriguing and the thought of a deluxe erotica just makes me salivate.

1 hour ago, AModSquad said:

Take this with a grain of salt but when you live(d) in LA, there's always someone with insider info and then you just have to listen through all the embellishments to drill down to the truth....here's what i was told.  Warner reached out to a M to do a massive Erotica 25th anniversary edition - talks fell through because she wanted too much money.  Thats all i know.  Now the questions would be, did she want more money for offering more material from her Erotica Vaults?  Im not sure what Warner owns and where that ends but i found this rather intriguing and the thought of a deluxe erotica just makes me salivate.

That is interesting and entirely possible. Although she probably then just said a random number knowing they can't pay it because it was messing with her current plans. And it would be rather strange to have a massive 25th anniversary for erotica without having it for the previous 4 albums.

I think she's waiting for 2022 to get the film/greatest hits/farewell tour out, and then beginning with Madonna 40th anniversary in 2023 we start getting all those goodies. Which are supposed to keep us busy and her pockets full-ish, so that we can finally leave her be and let her direct the shit out of all the movies she wants to direct or do whatever stand-up comedy that she wants to be doing.

25 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

That is interesting and entirely possible. Although she probably then just said a random number knowing they can't pay it because it was messing with her current plans. And it would be rather strange to have a massive 25th anniversary for erotica without having it for the previous 4 albums.

I think she's waiting for 2022 to get the film/greatest hits/farewell tour out, and then beginning with Madonna 40th anniversary in 2023 we start getting all those goodies. Which are supposed to keep us busy and her pockets full-ish, so that we can finally leave her be and let her direct the shit out of all the movies she wants to direct or do whatever stand-up comedy that she wants to be doing.

honestly as long as she keeps me fed, musically, she can do whatever she wants in other areas and i wont say a peep.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:21 PM, GhostOrchid said:

Lol what greatest hits/farewell tour? None of these have been discussed or likely...

Also what would a new Greatest Hits look like? She had none since Celebration.

Unless she re-records her old songs (which I doubt she ever would) I doubt we’ll ever see a new collection. 
Especially now when streaming makes these completely redundant.

Judging by her latest Instagram posts we’re more likely to see sex book part II, the photoshop edition

19 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna has had a ton of dance hits since Celebration.  She deserves a collection of her 50 number one dance songs if nothing else.   

She barely had 7 or so singles since then and none were popular with the general audience. 
The only thing I can see viable is a collection of carefully selected 10-15 tracks fully remixed in a new dance compilation.

We’ve never had a proper singles collection that includes the definitive single mixes/edits. It’s great that we are finally getting these on streaming, but one big compilation with all of them together would be a dream come true (and in chronological order). I know this only applies for the 80s early 90s singles, but hey, a fan can dream right?!

18 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Also what would a new Greatest Hits look like? She had none since Celebration.

Unless she re-records her old songs (which I doubt she ever would) I doubt we’ll ever see a new collection. 
Especially now when streaming makes these completely redundant.

Good point, but it's been over a decade since the "Celebration" album came out.  Record companies like to release new hits compilations because they sell well, whether there's new material on them or not. There have been several new Elton John hits compilations since his last pop hit, all rehashing the same songs. And I can't even begin to count how many Donna Summer hits compilations there have been since her last chart hit; over a dozen, probably.

9 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna has had a ton of dance hits since Celebration.  She deserves a collection of her 50 number one dance songs if nothing else.   

Exactly. 

If every other pop star from the 80's can release a "NUMBER ONES" or "1's" .. then she can certainly release the same - but knock them all out of the park. NO ONE COMES CLOSE with her dance hits.

18 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

They could do something like Kylie Minogue's 1993 dance compilation 50+1: basically a 70 minute mega mix with 50 Kylie's songs mixed and running into each other.

KM50plus.jpg

Each song is 1:00 or 1:30. It really works but of course it's a very old school concept.

But imagine something like this with Madonna's 50 #1 Dance hits on Billboard.

Anyway, it's time for a new compilation, yeah. Compilations are a thing of the past except for older artists. I guess there will be a new one with the biopic, right?

On 3/2/2021 at 7:56 AM, Craigypants said:

I'm Not so Bombed about the Edit one as we already have a digital release on CD, But I'm sure the Edit 2 has never been on cd please correct me someone if I'm wrong. If  there is one, Ill buy it.🤑

I always wanted that double Red Vinyl, To bad they wont release that Digitally. I want that Radio Edit 5.01

Too late to reply this post, but the Fever "Radio Edit" (5:01) on the double red vinyl it's just the album version mislabeled.

Fever (Edit Two) and Fever (Radio Remix Edit) has never been on CD (or digital) before. But, In my opinion, Fever (Radio Remix Edit) must be released with the Fever EP, and Fever (Edit One & Two) must be released with the Rain EP as B-side (like in the original single released). I don't wanna lose the original B-Sides on the streaming sites. 

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Too late to reply this post, but the Fever "Radio Edit" (5:01) on the double red vinyl it's just the album version mislabeled.

Fever (Edit Two) and Fever (Radio Remix Edit) has never been on CD (or digital) before. But, In my opinion, Fever (Radio Remix Edit) must be released with the Fever EP, and Fever (Edit One & Two) must be released with the Rain EP as B-side (like in the original single released). I don't wanna lose the original B-Sides on the streaming sites. 

I disagree, I think it makes more sense to put all remixes of the same song together. Release Fever with all the fever mixes. I don't want Fever remixes with the Rain artwork.

1 hour ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I don't want Fever remixes with the Rain artwork.

Really? The problem is the artwork? You only need a second to put any artwork to your files using any free Tag Editor. And you don't have any official artwork for B-Sides like "Supernatural" "Has To Be" "Ain't no Big Deal", etc, etc, etc. I think the original B-Sides (including Remixes) must be like the original release.

2 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I disagree, I think it makes more sense to put all remixes of the same song together. Release Fever with all the fever mixes. I don't want Fever remixes with the Rain artwork.

I get it but this is a commercial endeavour. Rain has about 4 edits. Fever about 20. There has to be some content to make the EP's worth purchasing for many people.

Fever EP - 20 mixes £19.99 

Rain EP  - 4 mixes £3.99

is a lot less commercially viable than two Ep's with mixed content at £10.99. Plus someone is tracking this and they know there is a demand for Edit One and Edit Two so to put them on the Rain EP, as was done originally with commercialbility in mind, makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Really? The problem is the artwork? You only need a second to put any artwork to your files using any free Tag Editor. And you don't have any official artwork for B-Sides like "Supernatural" "Has To Be" "Ain't no Big Deal", etc, etc, etc. I think the original B-Sides (including Remixes) must be like the original release.

You cannot change the artwork on Spotify 

18 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I get it but this is a commercial endeavour. Rain has about 4 edits. Fever about 20. There has to be some content to make the EP's worth purchasing for many people.

Fever EP - 20 mixes £19.99 

Rain EP  - 4 mixes £3.99

is a lot less commercially viable than two Ep's with mixed content at £10.99. Plus someone is tracking this and they know there is a demand for Edit One and Edit Two so to put them on the Rain EP, as was done originally with commercialbility in mind, makes perfect sense.

This makes sense. I forgot some people actually buy these instead of streaming

On 3/29/2021 at 10:44 AM, nito84bcn said:

She can have a new greatest hits for sure, with less 80's and more 90's, 2000's and of course Give me all your luvin, Girl gone wild, Ghosttown, Bitch I'm Madonna, Medellin and Crave on it. 

Kylie released a cool and successful collection, Step Back In Time, that did wonders for her streaming numbers. 

Better yet, release something like Kylie's Hits+, with unreleased stuff on it :Madonna054:

Anyone else getting Justify My Love HD video vibe from this? April brings a new set of anniversaries.

Desperately Seeking Susan - Live To Tell & Sooner Or Later and the Like A Prayer albums anniversaries have all been acknowledged on her Twitter. 

Fever & LDLHA ? Nada. Feels more likely that they'll move onto American Life and What It Feels Like For A Girl for April anniversaries and wait for next year to roll those two out or maybe tie them in with The Girlie Show Tour start date and Something To Remember album Anniversary. 

Like A Prayer hit number one on April fools day 1989 in the UK and the 22nd of April in the US. Keep It Together would be nice to trickle out but unlikely.

A cheeky lil 

In other news Juniors single mix has now hit 340 thousand plays alone in just over a week and the entire Bedtime Story EP has 450,000 additional streams on Spotify alone. Not counting the play count for the album edit (GHV2) and Survival (Album version), that have no doubt had at least 7k each from the EP plays rather their parent album version. Half a million streams in 8 days on one platform is mad good for a 27 year old song that didn't chart in the Billboard top 40. 

When you see the numbers generated by Release Radar feels like they missed a trick with other the other big releases. Vogue, Music, Frozen, Erotica, Justify especially as they're big hitter Iconic songs for her and their numbers are about 20% of Bedtime Story. Still they know what they are doing now at least and there's plenty more singles to come. 

NB: Frozen Victor Calderone Drumapella has a random 43000 streams which not only means its out performing every other track on the EP but its out performing every track on every digital EP released in the campaign bar Vogue (single and 12" edits)  and the Bedtime Story mix listed above, by a country mile. Go figure?

Who has this emeffer on repeat y'all..?

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

NB: Frozen Victor Calderone Drumapella has a random 43000 streams which not only means its out performing every other track on the EP but its out performing every track on every digital EP released in the campaign bar Vogue (single and 12" edits)  and the Bedtime Story mix listed above, by a country mile. Go figure?

It appeared on Release Radar too but I think not for all Madonna's fans on Spotify, just some of them - like the 12'' Club Version of "Like A Prayer". I think the Junior's Single Mix of "Bedtime Story" was the first one they selected and sent to Spotify editors for that.

They're getting better with each release.

Maybe the digital platforms said they can only get her on Release Radar for one submission every month or something like that?

One every week or fortnight might breech some of their own fairness codes? Who knows. Especially if this could be more than a two year cycle reaching back to Vogue release late summer / autumn last year. 

Her team must have noted the impact that Release Radar can have on visibility & stream counts and maybe the plan has been amended to maximise presence? 

Dunno just a thought. 

• RUADJAI unpinned this topic