Frozen HD Video released.

steady75

Ok Im sorry but this has GOT to be from a true high quality source, I'd never seen the video in such a remarkable quality. There is just so much more detail that was never there on any of the zillion sources we've seen this through the decades. This is her best official remaster yet.

18 hours ago, Fighter said:

if only M had been on a decent record company like Marevick...

I'm not really up to date with the whole Maverick, WMG, and Madonna drama. But its clear that when Madonna and Deshev were running it, they placed a lot of value on their studio work since the company was still growing until they got bought out. I think it was easy WMG to do the 4K upgrade when they acquired the original film for Alanis' jagged lil pill video that Maverick kept.

Edited by Piksel8 (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Can someone explain to me why Frozen has these black bars at the side when the Bedtime Story video fills the whole screen and that was filmed years before?

i am confusion. 

Aspect ratio. Back then 16:9 (widescreen) was the standard in films but 4:3 on TV and at home. Nowadays is 16:9 everywhere.

"Bedtime Story" was adapted to TV with black bars, while "Frozen" is adapted now to the current 16:9 widescreen standard keeping its original 4:3 ratio (thank God).

4 hours ago, Andymad said:

I wonder if these music videos, the master reels have the capability of becoming true widescreen

Depends on how they were filmed and finished (very unlikely they added vfx and edited it in widescreen when they had no reason to do that back then) and if it was blocked with for 16:9 safety in mind in the first place.

This video explains a lot about why changing old 4:3 stuff to 16:9 has to be done very carefully (when possible at all):

50 minutes ago, vncsmoraes said:

Depends on how they were filmed and finished (very unlikely they added vfx and edited it in widescreen when they had no reason to do that back then) and if it was blocked with for 16:9 safety in mind in the first place.

This video explains a lot about why changing old 4:3 stuff to 16:9 has to be done very carefully (when possible at all):

I watched that entire video. So weird that they turned some darker intended scenes to a lighter shade. 

11 hours ago, vncsmoraes said:

I watched a couple of these Buffy the Vampire Slayer years ago when I was a kid and they were airing on AXN Beyond and damn, they did this show dirty with the HD remaster.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, deathproof said:

She prob has a good manager. Plus she’s been milking her back catalog, especially jagged little pill, for years now!

Well, her previous manager ended up in jail (6 years) for stealing her tons of money, so... but Alanis has been milking "Jagged" since day one, yes. I'm not surprised they got stored all the original material for all the videos of that album.

I'm not Guy Oseary's biggest fan, but I think blaming the manager is always the easiest thing to do... and do we really think Madonna is not a hands on kind of artist? C'mon...

With "Frozen" and "Hung Up" we're seeing they're using good sources when they can. Maybe if other remasters are not better is because they simply can't get to the original sources anymore. Or maybe at the moment.

All these HD videos are in general huge improvements over the original uploads and amazing works in cases like "Frozen" and "Hung Up".

Hung Up isn’t even a remaster, it’s the original HD master, that sadly was never sent to television

Not every artist is going to pay attention to these small projects. Almost all of these HD uploads for artists are being done by the record labels. Universal announced replacing their artists videos with HD vids a few years ago, and now others are jumping on the bandwagon.

We can’t blame Madonna. But when you see things that come out for U2, well...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, Aiwa08 said:

By request: 

"Frozen" with untouched video from youtube with 2.0 (PCM) and 5.1 (AC3) audio from "Celebration" DVD. Include english subtitles: 

THXXXXXX...been looking out for this from you,just like the others you did.. .. GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!   :hug::Madonna036: