Like A Prayer Remixes 3/5

Shoful

1 hour ago, Angelman60 said:

I too would die for the rusty Eagan mixes of everybody. To me they are perfection. So much more catchy than the US version and I think she gave her best on that vocal take. I love how she screams more on the "Everybody" during the last choruses. And the echo adds a lot too

These two, right?

https://www.popsike.com/Madonna-Everybody-Dub-Rusty-Egan-Steve-Short-Very-Rare-UK-7/123931456597.html

He reworked it:

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Yeah but the question was where to buy it in lossless.

Forgive me because I'm seriously not very schooled in the streaming world. You say "buy it in lossless". Are there services that sell these in the best possible quality? I'm surprised Apple hasn't hopped on that with iTunes. I just started upgrading my movie/tv show library to 4K so I'm curious as to how music works.

52 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Forgive me because I'm seriously not very schooled in the streaming world. You say "buy it in lossless". Are there services that sell these in the best possible quality? I'm surprised Apple hasn't hopped on that with iTunes. I just started upgrading my movie/tv show library to 4K so I'm curious as to how music works.

Apple even has their own proprietary lossless format (ALAC) but they don't offer any music purchasing in it. It's so silly :( 

7digital and tidal are other options for buying this release lossless (I think, didn't check)

Just now, bertrand said:

Apple even has their own proprietary lossless format (ALAC) but they don't offer any music purchasing in it. It's so silly :( 

7digital and tidal are other options for buying this release lossless (I think, didn't check)

Aha yes makes sense. I don’t frequent 7digital or tidal... are they normally on the ball with the recent Madonna single re-releases? Just not sure what her main audience is platform wise.

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

The reissues audio sources are all over the place, I think.

"Madonna" (Reissue):

Different audios: "Lucky Star" seems to be an original album file, "Borderline" is the Extended Remix, "Burning Up" is super loud (2001 remaster?), "I Know It" and "Think Of Me" are the 2001 remasters, "Holiday" a short edit, "Physical Attraction" a lower audio original file (not the 2001 remaster), "Everybody" 2001 remaster and the two bonus tracks I think "Burning Up" remix is an original file but "Lucky Star" US Remix from the 2001 remaster. The listening experience is a mess with so many volume changes.

"Like A Virgin" (Reissue):

I don't know if the regular album is the 2001 remaster? It sounds quite low. It's not the perfect listening experience and actually it makes the album sounds more dated and flat than it really is. This album's production on vinyl or the Japanese CD Single Collection just SHINES. Very good work by Nile Rodgers.
The two bonus track remixes seem to be sourced from original 80s files, not the 2001 remaster (low audio but good).

"True Blue" (Reissue):

All the regular album is the 2001 remaster... too bright. And same as "Like A Virgin", it makes it sound more dated than it really is.
The two bonus tracks remixes are from different sources, I think the "True Blue" remix is lower than "La Isla" (or the other way around).

I don't know, those three albums are iconic in her career, but their digital versions are not good at the moment.

Thank you so much, I thought I was the only one frustrated on how some of her more important albums have been butchered on spotify with the wrong extended non-album versions. Please just post the albums how they were originally released. Keep the extended versions and remixes separately!

9 minutes ago, Robertson II said:

My most favorite single of Madonna. I was lucky enough to buy a Philippine press cassette single of this. :hearteyes:

Below is the scanned inlay but compressed due to forum's limited allowance for photo upload.

LAP.jpg

you can always post to another site and paste the link here. 

I managed to get one. The Dubs and The 7'' Full version are worth it But the rest, They quality really isn't anything better than we have had. It sounds like they just ripped it from Remixed Prayers Japan. It is slightly better than the 1995 German Anus Horriblis releases. Take Your Chances but if you want these mixes they are already on the forum and you can private people to see if they have them. They may or MAY NOT give it to you. People on here are very generous in Privates. People have sent me some great stuff.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:52 AM, New_Boy said:

Also, none of the remix websites seem to have noticed that the version on the Japanese 40CD set was actually a unique fade of the album version.

@New_BoyThis is interesting. Do you think that this is the same as the 7" Version With Fade that I've seen mentioned? Or is it different from that?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Like A Prayer Remixes 3/5
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic