Like A Prayer Remixes 3/5

Shoful

On 3/5/2021 at 4:37 AM, steady75 said:

I’d like them for completist sake but the Rusty version is propa dodgy. 
The definitive mix for me is the one on Celebration. Maybe the one thing that project got right. It’s perfect nothing essential cut and a nice concise running time. Am I right in thinking this version was brand new or was it an old mix from somewhere that I can’t find? 

Yeah, the edit of "Everybody" on Celebration was made new for Celebration. The original single version was 4:57 (well the American one was at least) and the Celebration version is 4:11. It's a good edit, but it's still jarring for me to listen to personally because I've listened to the 4:57 version about 8 trillion times before Celebration came out. 

3 minutes ago, LX54 said:

It's the same as the album cut, only fading... 

I don't know, we may want to collectively re-examine that. It sounds like the 5:10 7" Version With Fade from the Japanese CD Singles Collection has the same strings and guitar solos around 4:50-5:10 that are on the 7" Version, but not on the album version.

What does everyone else think?

8 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Yeah, the edit of "Everybody" on Celebration was made new for Celebration. The original single version was 4:57 (well the American one was at least) and the Celebration version is 4:11. It's a good edit, but it's still jarring for me to listen to personally because I've listened to the 4:57 version about 8 trillion times before Celebration came out. 

I'm afraid you're confused, the 4m57 is the lp cut, the Everybody edit is a 3m58 chopped up edit from the extended mix.

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Everybody/release/2731237

9 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

I don't know, we may want to collectively re-examine that. It sounds like the 5:10 7" Version With Fade from the Japanese CD Singles Collection has the same strings and guitar solos around 4:50-5:10 that are on the 7" Version, but not on the album version.

I've listened to them so many times, I can assure you that the version featured on the cd singles collection is the LP version fading early, no Prince guitar on it... On the contrary, the 3''cd single in snap pack contains the 7'' version with guitars and all... I've read somewhere that there were two different editions of this snap pack, one containing the 7'' version with Prince guitar parts, the other the LP cut fade, which may explain with the Japanese cd singles collection features the LP fade... Can someone with better knowledge can clarify this???... 

19 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Mmm... I have the Japanese CD Single Collection and the "Like A Prayer" 5:10 7'' Version With Fade is exactly like the album version but fading out earlier (sound remastered/pumped, whatever).

I just checked it on my ripped files. :)

2 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

There's two different 5:10-ish versions. 7'' Version with Fade is exactly what it says - the 7'' version from Spotify, but fading earlier. The one from Japan is the album version faded early.

I have a question about Like a prayer 7'' version 

On my version that ive got on my computer, there is the riff guitar that starts the song like the album version... 

On the 2021 EP remixe, the 7'' version well the riff guitar is not there and the song starts quite quickly...

Is it me or it's confusing at the end... 

I prefer the 7'' version that starts with the riff guitar like the album version :) 

I guess it's a mystery... 

12 hours ago, LX54 said:

I'm afraid you're confused, the 4m57 is the lp cut, the Everybody edit is a 3m58 chopped up edit from the extended mix.

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Everybody/release/2731237

I've listened to them so many times, I can assure you that the version featured on the cd singles collection is the LP version fading early, no Prince guitar on it... On the contrary, the 3''cd single in snap pack contains the 7'' version with guitars and all... I've read somewhere that there were two different editions of this snap pack, one containing the 7'' version with Prince guitar parts, the other the LP cut fade, which may explain with the Japanese cd singles collection features the LP fade... Can someone with better knowledge can clarify this???... 

I was not aware of the 3:58 edit of "Everybody". I thought that the 4:57 was the 7" version and that the LP version was the 6:01 extended version. 

And regarding "Like a Prayer", the 7" Version With Fade that I have in my library is from an upload of the Japanese 40CD set in this forum, and it is DEFINITELY a fade of the 7" Version. You can clearly hear the additional strings and Prince guitar solos starting at about 4:51 in the song. So that means someone must have made it themselves before uploading here...

3 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I was not aware of the 3:58 edit of "Everybody". I thought that the 4:57 was the 7" version and that the LP version was the 6:01 extended version. 

And regarding "Like a Prayer", the 7" Version With Fade that I have in my library is from an upload of the Japanese 40CD set in this forum, and it is DEFINITELY a fade of the 7" Version. You can clearly hear the additional strings and Prince guitar solos starting at about 4:51 in the song. So that means someone must have made it themselves before uploading here...

Possible. All the rips I came across had the faded album version. 

As for the 7''version (with or without fade) its true that the intro is cut and starts more abruptly than the album version. 

And be careful of the immaculate DVD video version which is a mix of album and 7''mix.

4 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Yep, "Everybody" 4:53/4:46/4:57 is the original Album Version and 6:01 the Extended 12'' Single Version, but the later replaced the shorter one in the 2001 "Madonna" reissue.

The edit on "Celebration" is made from the 2001 remastered 6:01 version trying to recreate the original Album Version. Trying.

Weird about "LAP" on your Japanese 40CD set download... my ripped file (from my collection, ripped by myself) is definitely a fade out of the album version. So someone replaced the file before uploading here OR there are two versions of the Japanese box around - I hope not cause it would make it all even MORE confusing :lol:

On 3/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, rlittler81 said:

I always love the intro to this mix that she re-used in Blond Ambition. I've always wondered where the "God?" vocal was from, an outtake from "Like A Prayer" I guess. Really works though.

Sorry, I just saw this :smile: That "God" is from "Act Of Contrition" spoken bits where she prays, but pitched up. Actually those spoken bits were used as background vocals in other "LAP" remixes! Then, that "God" became even more legendary when it was added to the "Immaculate" version.

Its

5 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Its The Real & 7'' Full Version. Same as My Promo cd. 

Japan had 2 releases.

First a 7''  Version With Fade

Then It was a single relased with an Album Fade at 5.10

The Japan Singles Collection Features The Adum Edit.

Prince is On Guitar On The 7'' Mixes and 12'' Remix

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Like-A-Prayer/release/8752912

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

Yep, "Everybody" 4:53/4:46/4:57 is the original Album Version and 6:01 the Extended 12'' Single Version, but the later replaced the shorter one in the 2001 "Madonna" reissue.

The edit on "Celebration" is made from the 2001 remastered 6:01 version trying to recreate the original Album Version. Trying.

Weird about "LAP" on your Japanese 40CD set download... my ripped file (from my collection, ripped by myself) is definitely a fade out of the album version. So someone replaced the file before uploading here OR there are two versions of the Japanese box around - I hope not cause it would make it all even MORE confusing :lol:

I'm a damned idiot - I was listening to the wrong file!!!!!

The Japanese 40CD collection I downloaded DOES have the album edit. Egg on my face :(

8 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

Possible. All the rips I came across had the faded album version. 

As for the 7''version (with or without fade) its true that the intro is cut and starts more abruptly than the album version. 

And be careful of the immaculate DVD video version which is a mix of album and 7''mix.

Does the Celebration DVD have the same mix as The Immaculate Collection DVD? 

I have both of them, but they're inaccessible to me right now because my whole collection is in storage in my hometown. 

4 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Does the Celebration DVD have the same mix as The Immaculate Collection DVD? 

I have both of them, but they're inaccessible to me right now because my whole collection is in storage in my hometown. 

I think celebration has the original album audio but I have to check. Same for like a virgin if I recall. But again I can be mistaking 

4 hours ago, Craigypants said:

Mine Is Definitely the Album Version on the 40 CD collection But It Runs 3.44 - I think it just a longer fadeout. In 1996 it cost me $250 Us dollars through the Fan Club. Now its worth over 1,000

The version On The Official Japan CD Runs 3.38.

I assume these versions arent commercially available

• Fighter unfeatured this topic
2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

What's the point of them shaving off the first second of the intro guitar solo on the 7" version?? It's giving me Dress You Up Celebration vibes. 

It was the version for radios, right? Then it would make sense to make it as short as possible.

I love this version by the way :hearteyes: Never paid much attention to it until the Digital EP release. It's so much powerful and Prince mad guitars at the end are everything.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Like A Prayer Remixes 3/5
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic