Like A Prayer Remixes 3/5

Shoful

So, the last lot of digital releases were in December, now, nearly 3 months later, we're getting 3 releases? I'm hoping they ramp up the releases so we get them more frequently. There's still a ton of singles to release digitally. I get the impression this is all related to her biopic. They want her back catalogue in place for when that is released and (hopefully) people will want to re-visit her back catalogue.

Relistening to the whole thing... this 12'' Club Version is kind of bad, isn't it? I mean, the remix technology was terrible back in the day, so this one has this shitty clap beat throughout and some totally atonal moments. But you can't bring down a song this great! Same goes for the 7'' Remix/Edit, which I suppose is the edit of that one.

3 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Relistening to the whole thing... this 12'' Club Version is kind of bad, isn't it? I mean, the remix technology was terrible back in the day, so this one has this shitty clap beat throughout and some totally atonal moments. But you can't bring down a song this great!

I always love the intro to this mix that she re-used in Blond Ambition. I've always wondered where the "God?" vocal was from, an outtake from "Like A Prayer" I guess. Really works though.

The way I want Spotlight next month to be the digital EP though in its 24th anniversary.

Why am I like this?

Apart from the fact that there were fewer mixes for her 80’s singles I wonder if her team are trying to source  as many versions as possible to make the digital releases seem worthwhile. 
Maybe that’s why they’re taking a little longer if at all. 

I was just thinking of how an expanded version of "You Can Dance" would be a great deal. It might come next year though? 35 years and all that... You can roughly split it in four parts - the A- and B-side megamix, Single Edits, Non-Mixed Remixes, Dubs. I think it all fits on two CDs, in that exact order. Or if you fade those Dubs a bit, maybe you can squeeze the two that weren't on the CD originally, and then everything else on the second one. 

12 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

I was just thinking of how an expanded version of "You Can Dance" would be a great deal. It might come next year though? 35 years and all that... You can roughly split it in four parts - the A- and B-side megamix, Single Edits, Non-Mixed Remixes, Dubs. I think it all fits on two CDs, in that exact order. Or if you fade those Dubs a bit, maybe you can squeeze the two that weren't on the CD originally, and then everything else on the second one. 

Oh my god 35 years. Me casually missing a decade to protect the identity of may age. 

i_pretend_i_do_not_see_.Gif

Has anybody else played the Like A Virgin album on Spotify recently?

The 12" version of Dress You Up has now been replaced with the proper version so we finally have the 4 beat intro back on streaming rather than that weird cut off celebration mix.... but sadly the 12" is no longer available. 

I've checked the Borderline and Papa Don't Preach mixes on the debut and TB and they're still the same extended versions.

Interesting huh?

The Virgin Tour kicked off on April 10th 1985. Just saying......

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Has anybody else played the Like A Virgin album on Spotify recently?

The 12" version of Dress You Up has now been replaced with the proper version so we finally have the 4 beat intro back on streaming rather than that weird cut off celebration mix.... but sadly the 12" is no longer available. 

I've checked the Borderline and Papa Don't Preach mixes on the debut and TB and they're still the same extended versions.

Interesting huh?

The Virgin Tour kicked off on April 10th 1985. Just saying......

giphy.gif

They're making fixes at the moment, it seems... I noticed they've also updated the titles on Apple Music on the first three albums, adding a "(Bonus Tracks) [2001 Remaster]" at the end.

https://music.apple.com/es/album/madonna-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815644

https://music.apple.com/es/album/like-a-virgin-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815235

https://music.apple.com/es/album/true-blue-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815611

Audio hasn't been touched on iTunes/Apple Music, as far as I know. And some songs are not even the 2001 remaster (just like before).

So who knows...

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

They're making fixes at the moment, it seems... I noticed they've also updated the titles on Apple Music on the first three albums, adding a "(Bonus Tracks) [2001 Remaster]" at the end.

https://music.apple.com/es/album/madonna-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815644

https://music.apple.com/es/album/like-a-virgin-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815235

https://music.apple.com/es/album/true-blue-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815611

Audio hasn't been touched on iTunes/Apple Music, as far as I know. And some songs are not even the 2001 remaster (just like before).

So who knows...

Mom giving Stella & Esther chores I see

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The way I want Spotlight next month to be the digital EP though in its 24th anniversary.

Why am I like this?

Apart from the fact that there were fewer mixes for her 80’s singles I wonder if her team are trying to source  as many versions as possible to make the digital releases seem worthwhile. 
Maybe that’s why they’re taking a little longer if at all. 

I'd like to see an 80s Remixes compilation put together as most of the singles only really had 2 or 3 mixes, unless they batch them together per album (eg 'True Blue: The 12" Remix Collection'). I can see singles like 'Keep It Together' and 'Deeper & Deeper' getting bonus mixes, just a shame they didn't do that with the releases of 'Erotica' and 'Secret' as there's still a few mixes of those songs missing.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Like A Prayer Remixes 3/5
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic