Nothing Really Matters - HD Remaster

RinoTheBouncer

15 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I started to think this with the Frozen music video. Now i know it.

This isn't some simple fake AI HD remaster. This is from the original tapes. 

Too much detail we couldn't see before that wouldn't be possible with an upload like that. They didn't simple perfected the video they had access before. This is an actual, legit remaster, just like Frozen.

I didn't even know she had red eyebrows, LOL

Yeah, Frozen and NRM seems that they used the original ProRes masters as a source but they did use AI upscale regardless; it would be too much work to rescan the original film footage and reedit again in HD or 4K. Nonetheless, I'm extremely happy with the result, THE DETAILS are amazing!!!!

I wish they had done it the same with Secret and Bedtime Story (a masterpiece!!!), however, the AI upscale for these videos is crap and looks so bad, such a shame. Perhaps they couldn't find the original masters for those older videos?

NOTE for those downloading the video from Youtube (myself included): Do it ASAP as a video is published, I tried downloading Frozen now and it went from a decent quality size (100 MB) to 30 mb, which is unacceptable for an HD video!!! :o

6 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

It was like a modern twist to La Isla Bonita video. There are 2 Madonnas, the funny and crazy one, and the spiritual instrospective one. They can't last without the other one, but at same time separated in different environments. 'When I was very young, nothing really mattered to me'. It's like a fight between the 2 characters, but at the same time they complement each other. 

Water (water bags) is an element that appears a lot in Memoirs of a Geisha book, as a symbol of transformation an reinvention. 

Fantastic video! 

Memoirs Of A Geisha is my most favorite book. I love all the water references. 

From Memoirs of a Geisha:

She paints her face to hide her face. Her eyes are deep water. It is not for Geisha to want. It is not for a Geisha to feel. Geisha is an artist of the floating world. She dances, she sings. She entertains you, whatever you want. The rest is shadows, the rest is secret. 

I'm utterly convinced that through her career she's seen herself as a sad clown, trapped in a bubble, almost a prisoner of her own fame: the circus imagery is very frequent, from The Girlie Show Tour to Tears of a Clown and in all these performances she plays the character of the sad clow. This belief could make people laugh, but other stars have showed that fame could be a monstrosity. 

By the way, since I'm almost blind as a bat, it's relieving to the able to see every single detail and all the color range. I'm happy ? 

On 3/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, rlittler81 said:

Love this video! Did anyone ever figure what it was supposed to be about??? Hope the remixes follow!!!

OH ya this one is easy - the book Memoirs of a Geisha had come out and was an enormous success with a gut wrenching tragic tale.  While i cant remember much about the book anymore, i remember crying for a bit after it ended.  Anyway long story short, good geisha, bad geisha, cinderella-ish in a way.  It is a MUST read.  The movie version is a major skip.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:26 PM, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I started to think this with the Frozen music video. Now i know it.

This isn't some simple fake AI HD remaster. This is from the original tapes. 

Too much detail we couldn't see before that wouldn't be possible with an upload like that. They didn't simple perfected the video they had access before. This is an actual, legit remaster, just like Frozen.

I didn't even know she had red eyebrows, LOL

The quality of these latest videos from the 90s is actually surprisingly good but there are tiny details that make me think they're upscales, for example at the beginning in Frozen her face in the distance looks very sharpened... the videos would be more detailed if they were from the original film too i think...

anyway Nothing Really Matters is truly amazing, probably the best one so far

By request: 

"Nothing Really Matters" with untouched video from youtube with the audio 2.0 (PCM) from the "93:99" DVD and fake 5.1 (AC3) made by software (I'm sorry, NRM is not available on "Celebration" DVD): 

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.