Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

1 hour ago, New_Boy said:

A confession that might get me killed in places, but I hate Junior's mixes. I think... all of them? But really happy about it being completist paradise? You can go and amend the ones previously released as well, Mother, we won't mind!

I quite like the Sound Factory mixes but I think any mixes would pale in comparison to the outstanding Orbital Mix. I still get goose bumps when I think about the Re-Invention tour interlude... :Madonna024:

Yeah Juniors mixes are largely gash and the worst of her 90's remixes but he redeems himself on the Luscious Single edit. That one goes all the way off. His beats seem cheap which is odd because Tribal was often the cooler clubby house stuff in the 90's when I DJ'd. Melodic, dub, vibey and groovy. That is missing on his work for Madonna. Probably why she was calling him that time.

54 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

A confession that might get me killed in places, but I hate Junior's mixes. I think... all of them? But really happy about it being completist paradise? You can go and amend the ones previously released as well, Mother, we won't mind!

But M loved his tribal beats and how he "fed the crowd" at his gigs. Just be thankful he only survived one album cycle. He was good for the times they were...

I just took a quick look through M's existing singles on iTunes. I had never noticed that Give It 2 Me had 16 remixes on the EP, is this new or was it always published to iTunes like this? 

I hope they can clean up the 3 versions of SORRY into 1 remix EP and the same for Medellin and Hung Up, which also have multiples. Rebel Heart is also a sorry mess .. 4 versions for Canada.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19
1 hour ago, captainjay said:

I just took a quick look through M's existing singles on iTunes. I had never noticed that Give It 2 Me had 16 remixes on the EP, is this new or was it always published to iTunes like this? 

I hope they can clean up the 3 versions of SORRY into 1 remix EP and the same for Medellin and Hung Up, which also have multiples. Rebel Heart is also a sorry mess .. 4 versions for Canada.

16 mixes and still no feckin Radio Edit available. 
Those girls annoy me. 

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

A comment about the remixes for Nothing Really Matters on her video Facebook post got like 500 likes. I hope she releases them soon, I need that Kruder & Dorfmeister Remix in my playlist. 

I love those mixes! they were so different and electro-chill ambient  :hearteyes:

I honestly felt that all the remixes of Nothing Really Matters were a bit of a let down. They took all the warmth and beauty out of the song. I really could have done with an old style Extended remix to be honest. I loved where the Talvin Singh mix was going. I felt he kept some of the original ethos of the song. The Kruder mixes were objectively sound but a bit "gays in Berlin" for me.

5 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I honestly felt that all the remixes of Nothing Really Matters were a bit of a let down. They took all the warmth and beauty out of the song. I really could have done with an old style Extended remix to be honest. I loved where the Talvin Singh mix was going. I felt he kept some of the original ethos of the song. The Kruder mixes were objectively sound but a bit "gays in Berlin" for me.

I do recall a lot of people saying something similar back then; it's like they're different songs altogether

They're so different I have to look at them as stand-alone projects lol , in that sense I do like the mixes too, but I do understand people who don't like them because of that "deconstruction" if you may

3 hours ago, DickTracy said:

A comment about the remixes for Nothing Really Matters on her video Facebook post got like 500 likes. I hope she releases them soon, I need that Kruder & Dorfmeister Remix in my playlist. 

I remember the Club 69 single mix being huge here in the UK. I always favoured the Future Mix out of all the Club 69 mixes.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, luckystar908 said:

Welp, looks like they changed their mind and are trying to be on track with the "Frozen" and "Bedtime Story" HD uploads... New EPs coming and replacing "Fever" and "LDLHA" for now:

image.thumb.png.a2a5419b29ebc951f3fecdfa698ba4ea.png

image.png.2fd65a70b77216349ba37f231e5200bf.png

image.png.a823d2ef7841884795c4627a29b20f23.png

They're giving us ALL the mixes. Couldn't be happier :heart:

do we know what the planned remixes that were going to be released for LDLHA and Fever were?

4 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

I remember the Club 69 single mix being huge here in the UK. I always favoured the Future Mix out of all the Club 69 mixes.

NRM had enormous potential, but the release was all mucked up. I remember getting a promo CD of remixes in the mid-late Summer of 98, expecting it to be the next single, but Drowned World was shot and released and then Power Of Good-Bye. By the time the video for NRM was released and she was performing it on the Grammy's, the HOT HOT remixes were COLD COLD and old news and then a month later (going from memory) the remixes were released to retail. By then, I'd already had the remixes for 7-8 months .. talk about waiting too long. 

Cold boogers on a paper plate ... 

Yeah it’s shocking how bad that song did it the states. To the point where she didn’t include it GHV2 even though it was an international release and Drowned World was not released in the American Market.
The song really really deserves better and the video is clearly an iconic discography highlight that has been shunted away. The album version of the song is so very very beautiful. 

Whej doing mixtapes I always put Nothing Really Matters right after Bedtime Story because they’re both such gloopy and digital mood pieces. Truly the baton song that sonically  links those two studio albums superbly. They missed a trick there on GHV2 and she has never performed it on tour. My instant favourite when Ray of Light came out and the most quintessentially “Madonna” song on the album. Long live Nothing Really Matters. 

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah it’s shocking how bad that song did it the states. To the point where she didn’t include it GHV2 even though it was an international release and Drowned World was not released in the American Market.
The song really really deserves better and the video is clearly an iconic discography highlight that has been shunted away. The album version of the song is so very very beautiful. 

Whej doing mixtapes I always put Nothing Really Matters right after Bedtime Story because they’re both such gloopy and digital mood pieces. Truly the baton song that sonically  links those two studio albums superbly. They missed a trick there on GHV2 and she has never performed it on tour. My instant favourite when Ray of Light came out and the most quintessentially “Madonna” song on the album. Long live Nothing Really Matters. 

There was an issue with the release in the US and that's why it charted so low, right? Back then the Billboard charts were radio airplay + physical single sales but Warner f***d it up with the release and it only got to #93 when the physical single arrived later than the radio peak.

Despite being a successful club hit, many have cited Warner’s unusual marketing choices for the single as the primary reason for its poor placement on the Hot 100, where its peak of #93 remains the lowest of her charting singles.

The delayed release of the commercial single – which came long after the song had peaked at radio – was clearly a blunder, while other aspects of the song’s promotion seemingly started too early. After declining to release the experimental remixes for The Power Of Good-Bye in the U.S. (the remixes were issued commercially in Canada & abroad), Warner jumped the gun by beginning to service remixes of Nothing Really Matters promotionally to clubs as early as September of 1998 – over six months ahead of the maxi-single release.

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/tag/nothing-really-matters/page/2/

One of her best singles and videos and sadly forgotten, yeah.

Personally I really liked the remixes at the time (of course they're all super dated by now, but hey...). This intro video montage at the Versace Awards with the Club 69 Remix was EVERYTHING:

1:05

• RUADJAI featured and pinned this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic