Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

On 3/6/2021 at 6:32 AM, Prayer said:

"TPOG" remixes were truly subpar... it's hard to remix a ballad anyway.

Imagine if she did a Mariah and recorded different versions of each hit for her remixes. Mariah used to have the main version, the record a different version for a dance remix and a third version for an urban mix. :Madonna041:

16 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Out in New Zealand!
https://www.deezer.com/en/album/212694892

1400x1400-000000-80-0-0.jpg

The artwork is slightly off...

That's what happens when you open an original Photoshop project but you don't have the original font on your computer... they've changed the original "Ray Of Light" album font to an standard one.

Weird.

Yeah... Well, this is as good as it get folks!
Just ran a quick check against the tracks we had previously... The first six are slightly louder than what I have on my end, maybe a different single master or something. Tracks 7 and 8 are identical to the ones on the Promo CD. Lemme check out the vinyl exclusives...

~edit: The William Orbit Drumapella is pretty rough sounding and could be a cleaned-up vinyl rip, while the Calderone one sound pretty clean to me!

51 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Yeah... Well, this is as good as it get folks!
Just ran a quick check against the tracks we had previously... The first six are slightly louder than what I have on my end, maybe a different single master or something. Tracks 7 and 8 are identical to the ones on the Promo CD. Lemme check out the vinyl exclusives...

~edit: The William Orbit Drumapella is pretty rough sounding and could be a cleaned-up vinyl rip, while the Calderone one sound pretty clean to me!

So...overall? A win?

Yep, I think it's great! At this point, any type of effort from her team is a big win for me, after years of neglect. The fact that they've delivered all of the officially released remixes for "Frozen", and will do the same for "Bedtime Story", is honestly incredible. The only downside are the previous EPs that now feel lame because they were testing out the waters. Maybe we could've gotten the "Rescue Me" dubs, the extra edit of "Justify My Love", the plethora of "Music" and "Secret" remixes...

Personally, I'm putting my Madonna collecting on hold, since I'm curious what CDs and edits are going to make it. I honestly feel joy thinking about scalpers selling 25-30 years old promos for hundreds of dollars only for them to turn basically worthless. Of course, some sucker might still pay 30 dollars for an edit already available on streaming, but they're simply a sucker and that's it. These are official releases, and are obviously meant to be the ultimate single release, so why bother chasing down three variants and four promos of the "Ray of Light" singles if there's going to be a digital release containing it all? Our prayers have been answered!

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well... looks like they couldn't be bothered to buy the original font again for 26,99 € :lol:

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/psyops/eidetic-modern/

Not that bad I guess, it could be much worse. Remember Geri Halliwell's 1999 debut solo single "Look At Me"?

R-2395915-1281721408.jpeg.jpg

Look what happened with the digital version...

500x500bb.webp

Still can't believe it! :lol:

??? is this REAL??? 

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well... looks like they couldn't be bothered to buy the original font again for 26,99 € :lol:

Not that bad I guess, it could be much worse. Remember Geri Halliwell's 1999 debut solo single "Look At Me"?

500x500bb.webp

Love the line break on "Halli-well"... :lol:

13 hours ago, realityisalways said:

Imagine if she did a Mariah and recorded different versions of each hit for her remixes. Mariah used to have the main version, the record a different version for a dance remix and a third version for an urban mix. :Madonna041:

I mean I would LOVE that but the truth of the matter is Mariah has several more octaves and broad range that she can actually do that.  Love our lady of course but the vocals she records the one time, harmonies etc, are probably the most she could do unless she wanted to just do a different style, like speak the lyrics or something super random.

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

500x500bb.webp

omg who approved that? 

26 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

how many singles are on streaming now??

apart from the ones who were available since their release (from Hung Up to the current ones), this current batch (starting from last year) has so far included Vogue, Hanky Panky, JML, Rescue Me, Erotica, Secret, Human Nature, Music, LAP, and Frozen is dropping now.

19 hours ago, Prayer said:

That's what happens when you open an original Photoshop project but you don't have the original font on your computer... they've changed the original "Ray Of Light" album font to an standard one.

Weird.

Well... at least they used the same font (Eidetic), but the not the Sans version (like the original cover). It's Eidetic Serif.

eidetic.png