Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

On 3/11/2021 at 1:36 PM, New_Boy said:

Of course, some sucker might still pay 30 dollars for an edit already available on streaming, but they're simply a sucker and that's it. These are official releases, and are obviously meant to be the ultimate single release, so why bother chasing down three variants and four promos of the "Ray of Light" singles if there's going to be a digital release containing it all?

No need to insult the collectors. I still would pay 30 dollars for a mix already available on streaming. Nothing like the joy of tracking down an old original promo vinyl or CD and giving it a spin.

Of course, I get why someone would do it, out of habit or misinformation, obviously. But most promos lack even the most basic artwork, and the edits are sometimes just shoddily done by the label. Simply a relic of a long gone era. In this particular case, the new digital release of "Frozen" has bit-identical rare edits, so I'd personally never pay obscene prices for it. It was mostly a commentary against scalping, nothing against collecting - prices being unrealistic and all that. And we all need to save up these days...

1 hour ago, New_Boy said:

Of course, I get why someone would do it, out of habit or misinformation, obviously. 

And we all need to save up these days...

There you are doing it again. You obviously don't know why people do the things they do. And you also couldn't possibly know if someone needs to save up these days or not.

22 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

It's a pandemic in duet with an economic crisis, have you noticed?

Why do you do it, genuinely? I'm willing to listen, and curious why my opinion is such a pain point for you... I get a vague feeling of you being a butthurt seller more than anything.

i think you need to stop projecting your feelings onto other people. i have explained myself in the first reply to you. and the reason i commented in the first place was because i think it's rude to call a whole group of people that you don't even know suckers. On the other hand if you are the one that needs to take a break from collecting and this is the way to tell yourself that, go ahead, i'm not holding it against you. just do it without insulting others.

8 hours ago, Haralampos said:

The Album Version fades out 3 seconds earlier. Does anyone know why is that?

Also does the radio edit is the same transfer to the promo cd?

Does it, compared to the CD? I'm comparing it now to the digital "Ray Of Light" album version from iTunes and it's the same length (6:07) but different source: the file from the album is volume -2,2 dB, the one from the new digital single is -2,0 dB.

I guess all files are from the original DAT master tapes?

@bertrandCurious about one thing - what could be the earliest Madonna releases which were available on DAT and possible to retrieve similar to the Drumapellas? Could we ever get the vinyl releases of "You Can Dance" in lossless quality one day? Or is it "Like a Prayer" onwards? I know they proudly flaunted "A digital recording" on the cover...

Great question @New_Boy, i'm curious to know too. The earliest 'DAT source' I found on ref CDs is for You'll See, and I think prior to that, Warner used to store media on an older format (1630 machine). That said, the Rescue Me 'Houseboat Dub' is said to be from a DAT master, so who knows. There may have been early copies of stuff on DAT before switching to CD? The Spotlight 'Dub' is also out there, but likely from a more recent process. 

you-ll-see-usa-in-house-reference-promo-cd-5606-p.jpg.14b2f57b82b3cc6531e3b1c820347242.jpg

2 hours ago, New_Boy said:

@bertrandCurious about one thing - what could be the earliest Madonna releases which were available on DAT and possible to retrieve similar to the Drumapellas? Could we ever get the vinyl releases of "You Can Dance" in lossless quality one day? Or is it "Like a Prayer" onwards? I know they proudly flaunted "A digital recording" on the cover...

It says in "Like A Virgin" liner notes that it was "fanatically recorded digitally from start to finish on Sony equipment" so I perhaps every album since then?

3 hours ago, kesiak said:

It says in "Like A Virgin" liner notes that it was "fanatically recorded digitally from start to finish on Sony equipment" so I perhaps every album since then?

She went back to analog on True Blue again. and then digital again on LAP. She did say one time that she prefers analog recordings and i think she went back and forth throughout the 90s. And 2000s onwards it's all digital.

11 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

She went back to analog on True Blue again. and then digital again on LAP. She did say one time that she prefers analog recordings and i think she went back and forth throughout the 90s. And 2000s onwards it's all digital.

Where did she say that?

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

Does it, compared to the CD? I'm comparing it now to the digital "Ray Of Light" album version from iTunes and it's the same length (6:07) but different source: the file from the album is volume -2,2 dB, the one from the new digital single is -2,0 dB.

I guess all files are from the original DAT master tapes?

Yes, compared to the cd. The digital version (from qobuz) have a different one that fades 3 seconds earlier. The other remixes are just the same from the cd and the unreleased ones are legit too. Just the album version looks from another release, probably from a random compilation album and as no one did a quality check, as usual on old Madonna's albums pre-iTunes,  is still there and they bought that file and added to the digital single.

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)